Unanswered topics Active topics

Q&A

SHC's visit to the Honda plant in Alor Gajah, Malaysia
VTECian
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Q&A

Post by VTECian » Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:14 am

Please post any questions or issues which you may wish to raise about the trip and the HPVOC will try to answer them. Thanks.
Image Image

dedric08
10 000rpm Over Rev
10 000rpm Over Rev

Post by dedric08 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:02 am

Justin, what is the estimated toll charges to our destination??? I want to make sure my T & G have enuff credit inside..... Thxs.....

sleepwalker
9000rpm Rev Cut
9000rpm Rev Cut

Post by sleepwalker » Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:06 am

dedric08 wrote:Justin, what is the estimated toll charges to our destination??? I want to make sure my T & G have enuff credit inside..... Thxs.....
i think justin posted in a thread should be around RM90 to & fro :wink:

VTECian
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by VTECian » Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:41 am

sleepwalker wrote:
dedric08 wrote:Justin, what is the estimated toll charges to our destination??? I want to make sure my T & G have enuff credit inside..... Thxs.....
i think justin posted in a thread should be around RM90 to & fro :wink:
That's right. Thanks SW. :wink:
Image Image

toda_k20
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Re: Q&A

Post by toda_k20 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:19 pm

VTECian wrote:Please post any questions or issues which you may wish to raise about the trip and the HPVOC will try to answer them. Thanks.
1) Will the tour be conducted in Malay ?

2) What time will it end ?

cl7teckie
9000rpm Rev Cut
9000rpm Rev Cut

Post by cl7teckie » Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:47 pm

toda_k20 wrote:
VTECian wrote:Please post any questions or issues which you may wish to raise about the trip and the HPVOC will try to answer them. Thanks.
Bro...maybe it will be conducted in Ni-Hon-Ji ...KNN...BTW, check out the announment page for a rough schedule which our wonderful HPVOC has already put up...

Cheers...

fatelmo
East Deviants Moderator
East Deviants Moderator

Post by fatelmo » Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:25 am

toda_k20 wrote:

Hi toda_k20,

To answer to your first question, I can only pray it will not. as for your 2nd question, the estimated timing to leave the Honda plant will be at it lastest 1800hrs if not earlier.

Hoped this clarify your doubts

junning
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Q & A

Post by junning » Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:12 pm

Hi,

As "Buses have been chartered to ferry us to and from A. Farmosa to the plant." , I think "Please lock your handphones in your car." may not be wise. And some of us may like to bring our cameras along for group photo taking outside the restricted factory floor.

Suggested a group consolidation of handphones & camera for safe keeping just before we enter the restricted factory floor.

Junning

Taikyu
4000rpm
4000rpm

Re: Q & A

Post by Taikyu » Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:44 pm

junning wrote:Hi,

As "Buses have been chartered to ferry us to and from A. Farmosa to the plant." , I think "Please lock your handphones in your car." may not be wise. And some of us may like to bring our cameras along for group photo taking outside the restricted factory floor.

Suggested a group consolidation of handphones & camera for safe keeping just before we enter the restricted factory floor.

Junning
oh, this mean our cars are not parked in the safety of the Honda plant? :?
is the "A. Farmosa" a safe place? what kind of security measures has been taken to ensure the safety of our precious Hondas? does "handing over of car to carpark warden" mean we dun get the park the cars ourselves?

please bear with me ... as the rate of car thief is really much higher than wat we are experienced with, juz hope there will be concrete steps taken to ensure everyone can go back safely .. with all their properties

VTECian
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by VTECian » Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:36 pm

Junning
Yes, your concerns have also crossed our minds and this is currently being discussed between HPVOC and the organisers. We're asking that one person from each club be allowed to carry a bag containing everyone's handphones and cameras on his undertaking not to take any pics in the plant. To be fair, this person cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage of the phones or cameras in the bag. This way, you can choose whether to lock your phones and cameras in your cars or put it in the bag.

We'll let you know once we receive confirmation.
Image Image

VTECian
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by VTECian » Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:47 pm

Taikyu wrote:

Junning
oh, this mean our cars are not parked in the safety of the Honda plant? :?
is the "A. Farmosa" a safe place? what kind of security measures has been taken to ensure the safety of our precious Hondas? does "handing over of car to carpark warden" mean we dun get the park the cars ourselves?

please bear with me ... as the rate of car thief is really much higher than wat we are experienced with, juz hope there will be concrete steps taken to ensure everyone can go back safely .. with all their properties
We share your concern regarding security and have raised it to the organisers. The best replies we can give pending any update from them are:

1. Our cars will be parked in the A.Farmosa Resort car park. For details on A.Farmosa, please see their website: http://www.afamosa.com/index.htm

2. The carpark is booked by HM for the purpose of the visit. We understand that the organisers are getting confirmation from HM that the car park will be guarded so stay tuned for updates. I do not have any other details on this at the moment. But I suggest you secure your cars with any anti-theft devices you may have while your cars are parked. Everyone goes on this trip at their own risk and while we will try our best to look after you and your cars, phones, cameras etc, we will not be held responsible if something unfortunate happens. We think this is only fair.

3. Car park wardens (who will be fellow club members by the way) will be on hand to guide your cars to parking lots, you will park your own cars but following their directions.
Image Image

junning
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Q & A

Post by junning » Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:00 pm

Hi VTECian,

Thanks for reply!

QUOTE:
Media Coverage
1. New Straits Times
2. STAR
3. Malay Mail
4. etc

This is quite a first kind of cross boder meet-up cum factory visit. Any Media from Sgp tagging along?

Junning

VTECian
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by VTECian » Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:04 pm

junning wrote:Hi VTECian,

Thanks for reply!

QUOTE:
Media Coverage
1. New Straits Times
2. STAR
3. Malay Mail
4. etc

This is quite a first kind of cross boder meet-up cum factory visit. Any Media from Sgp tagging along?

Junning
Honda Malaysia is arranging the media coverage and the condition imposed on all of us is that there shall be no other media coverage except for those authorised by them. So if there are any media members in our entourage, please note that you go as a participant and not as a member of the media.
Image Image

VTECian
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by VTECian » Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:38 pm

toda_k20 wrote:

Hi,

1) The tour will be conducted in English :D

2) Please refer to our schedule which has been posted.
Image Image

VTECian
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by VTECian » Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:34 pm

Q: I have paid RM25 for my car to attend the Honda plant visit. May I know what the money is used for?

A: HPVOC has been instructed to clarify, for the avoidance of doubt, that Honda Malaysia is not imposing any charge for visitors to their plant. HPVOC has also been informed that the organising committee had decided to collect the the sum of RM25 for each car from each club for 2 reasons:

1. To make sure that those who register for the trip are serious about going;

2. To pay for some of the things that the organising committee is doing for the visit, such as large banner, stickers and a souvenir to be presented to Honda Malaysia for the event.

Also for the avoidance of doubt, HPVOC has already arranged to pay RM675 (RM25 X 27 cars) to the organising committee.

Regards

HPVOC
Image Image