Unanswered topicsActive topics

Pictures of meeting points for SHC Convoy

SHC's visit to the Honda plant in Alor Gajah, Malaysia
User avatar
stylomilo
Civic EF/EG/EK Moderator
Civic EF/EG/EK Moderator
Posts: 2370
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2004
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby stylomilo » Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:01 am

VTECian wrote:
stylomilo wrote:i am a A&W fan too!

just went A&W last weekend in JB~
haha!

anyway, how much toll to prepare?
would it be better to get the touch go card?
i dun have that~


You too? It looks like a stop at A&W on the way back is a must then!

As for road toll, I suggest you prepare about RM90 and S$7.40 (in your Cashcard) in total. Having the touch n go card would be more convenient (faster too) but not strictly necessary. Each convoy will wait after each toll booth until everyone in the convoy has cleared the toll and rejoined the convoy.

Having a walkie is more essential, please buy or borrow one before the trip. :D



woo... rm90 in toll ah... thats so much just for toll... rm90 is for to and fro right? where can i get the touch and go card? sounds more convienant than searching for notes and coins...

yeap, i've got a talkie... 8)
One should love animals.
They are so tasty.

Image

Image

User avatar
stylomilo
Civic EF/EG/EK Moderator
Civic EF/EG/EK Moderator
Posts: 2370
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2004
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby stylomilo » Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:01 am

cl7teckie wrote:
VTECian wrote:You too? It looks like a stop at A&W on the way back is a must then!
As for road toll, I suggest you prepare about RM90 and S$7.40 (in your Cashcard) in total. Having the touch n go card would be more convenient (faster too) but not strictly necessary. Each convoy will wait after each toll booth until everyone in the convoy has cleared the toll and rejoined the convoy.

Having a walkie is more essential, please buy or borrow one before the trip. :D


If you are buying one, pls be sure you know what type VTECian already specify. For those technically inclided, its a FRS with CTSS set...for those not, pls PM me. If need to, I can do a GB.


Motorola T5500 is fine right?
One should love animals.

They are so tasty.



Image



Image

User avatar
VTECian
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Posts: 3543
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2004

Postby VTECian » Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:43 am

stylomilo wrote:
VTECian wrote:
stylomilo wrote:i am a A&W fan too!

just went A&W last weekend in JB~
haha!

anyway, how much toll to prepare?
would it be better to get the touch go card?
i dun have that~


You too? It looks like a stop at A&W on the way back is a must then!

As for road toll, I suggest you prepare about RM90 and S$7.40 (in your Cashcard) in total. Having the touch n go card would be more convenient (faster too) but not strictly necessary. Each convoy will wait after each toll booth until everyone in the convoy has cleared the toll and rejoined the convoy.

Having a walkie is more essential, please buy or borrow one before the trip. :D



woo... rm90 in toll ah... thats so much just for toll... rm90 is for to and fro right? where can i get the touch and go card? sounds more convienant than searching for notes and coins...

yeap, i've got a talkie... 8)


Yep, RM90 is for to and fro.

Where to buy touch n go: http://www.touchngo.com.my/TNG_purchase ... search.jsp

If you intend to buy the touch n go card, please do it before the trip as we will not have time on the day itself to stop and buy.

Yes, Motorola T5500 is fine. :D
Image
Image Image

User avatar
VTECian
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Posts: 3543
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2004

Postby VTECian » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:28 am

Honda Plant:

Image
Image

Image Image

User avatar
xiaoshun
10 000rpm Over Rev
10 000rpm Over Rev
Posts: 8138
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2006
Contact:

Postby xiaoshun » Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:00 pm

wah nice photo
Go to CITYZEN & chat with fellow CITY owners.

User avatar
Phuturist
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!
Posts: 16514
Joined: Thu May 13, 2004
Location: SG

Postby Phuturist » Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:29 pm

VTECian wrote:
stylomilo wrote:
VTECian wrote:
stylomilo wrote:i am a A&W fan too!

just went A&W last weekend in JB~
haha!

anyway, how much toll to prepare?
would it be better to get the touch go card?
i dun have that~


You too? It looks like a stop at A&W on the way back is a must then!

As for road toll, I suggest you prepare about RM90 and S$7.40 (in your Cashcard) in total. Having the touch n go card would be more convenient (faster too) but not strictly necessary. Each convoy will wait after each toll booth until everyone in the convoy has cleared the toll and rejoined the convoy.

Having a walkie is more essential, please buy or borrow one before the trip. :D



woo... rm90 in toll ah... thats so much just for toll... rm90 is for to and fro right? where can i get the touch and go card? sounds more convienant than searching for notes and coins...

yeap, i've got a talkie... 8)


Yep, RM90 is for to and fro.

Where to buy touch n go: http://www.touchngo.com.my/TNG_purchase ... search.jsp

If you intend to buy the touch n go card, please do it before the trip as we will not have time on the day itself to stop and buy.

Yes, Motorola T5500 is fine. :D

bro do u hv any idea where to top up the T&G card?
Image

cl7teckie
9000rpm Rev Cut
9000rpm Rev Cut
Posts: 4682
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006
Location: I got Lost!!

Postby cl7teckie » Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:12 pm

Phuturist wrote:bro do u hv any idea where to top up the T&G card?


You could either ask someone with a Maybank Account to top up for you here in SIN, or you head up to JB to top up.

User avatar
fatelmo
East Deviants Moderator
East Deviants Moderator
Posts: 7839
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2004
Location: East Deviants
Contact:

Postby fatelmo » Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:22 am

cl7teckie wrote:
Phuturist wrote:bro do u hv any idea where to top up the T&G card?


You could either ask someone with a Maybank Account to top up for you here in SIN, or you head up to JB to top up.


Correction : May Bank has stop the facilties to allow us to top up the card here in Spore. I just cinfirmed this information with a May Bank branch last week.

The last time I topped up my card was at the toll booth itself. Cant really remember which one. It could be either the 1st one or the 2nd one. But please note, they can only help you top up if you ALREADY have an exsisting card. New card for purchase is NOT Available there.
Image

User avatar
3Radius
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line
Posts: 1470
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2004

Postby 3Radius » Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:54 am

fwa... beri nice pictures! i wonder what camera u used?!?
Image

User avatar
3Radius
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line
Posts: 1470
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2004

Re: Pictures of meeting points for SHC Convoy

Postby 3Radius » Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:04 am

toda_k20 wrote:
VTECian wrote:1. Petronas station at 2nd link (1st petrol station after Malaysia customs and the RM8.40 toll, next to to Esso station)



by the time I see petronas so big, it may be too late. :)

You need to specify where is the braking point. kekeke..


happy happy kui vtec somemore... :lol:
Image

User avatar
VTECian
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Posts: 3543
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2004

Postby VTECian » Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:12 am

3Radius wrote:fwa... beri nice pictures! i wonder what camera u used?!?


Pics taken with a phone camera. A friend was supposed to take the pics with his professional DSLR but it was "out of service" at the last minute. :roll:
Image

Image Image

User avatar
acechew
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON
Posts: 500
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005

Postby acechew » Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:23 pm

cl7teckie wrote:
VTECian wrote:You too? It looks like a stop at A&W on the way back is a must then!
As for road toll, I suggest you prepare about RM90 and S$7.40 (in your Cashcard) in total. Having the touch n go card would be more convenient (faster too) but not strictly necessary. Each convoy will wait after each toll booth until everyone in the convoy has cleared the toll and rejoined the convoy.

Having a walkie is more essential, please buy or borrow one before the trip. :D


If you are buying one, pls be sure you know what type VTECian already specify. For those technically inclided, its a FRS with CTSS set...for those not, pls PM me. If need to, I can do a GB.


speaking of walkie, the one i have is motorola walkabout, the frequency can be only adjusted to whole number without decimal, will this model do for this run?

User avatar
fatelmo
East Deviants Moderator
East Deviants Moderator
Posts: 7839
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2004
Location: East Deviants
Contact:

Postby fatelmo » Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:52 pm

cl7teckie wrote:If you are buying one, pls be sure you know what type VTECian already specify. For those technically inclided, its a FRS with CTSS set...for those not, pls PM me. If need to, I can do a GB.


Hi Paul, good effort to see that you are helping to buy the walkie. In case you have better lobang, then just ignore my inform below. For those who need to get one you can find a buddy buddy to share.

1 pair of walkie will cost you $70-78, hence effectively each walkie will cost you less that $40each. (export used only) Motorola model T5500 / T5550 / T5500 / 5720 should be fine as far as I have came across.

If not sure, please bring along your walkie during the 03/11/06 Pre-departure briefing and will will test it for you.

acechew wrote:speaking of walkie, the one i have is motorola walkabout, the frequency can be only adjusted to whole number without decimal, will this model do for this run?


Hi Chew, wrt to your question. HPVOC will try to accomodate to the frequcency used if necessary. If I also understand how the sub grp function it correctly, it means you can only rec'ed us but you can transmit out. In the worse situation. We will all stick to a main channel.

I suggest you bring you walkir to the pre-departure briefing for a test, if not you may like to consider upgrade :lol: :lol:
Image

cl7teckie
9000rpm Rev Cut
9000rpm Rev Cut
Posts: 4682
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006
Location: I got Lost!!

Postby cl7teckie » Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:38 pm

acechew wrote:
cl7teckie wrote:
VTECian wrote:You too? It looks like a stop at A&W on the way back is a must then!
As for road toll, I suggest you prepare about RM90 and S$7.40 (in your Cashcard) in total. Having the touch n go card would be more convenient (faster too) but not strictly necessary. Each convoy will wait after each toll booth until everyone in the convoy has cleared the toll and rejoined the convoy.

Having a walkie is more essential, please buy or borrow one before the trip. :D


If you are buying one, pls be sure you know what type VTECian already specify. For those technically inclided, its a FRS with CTSS set...for those not, pls PM me. If need to, I can do a GB.


speaking of walkie, the one i have is motorola walkabout, the frequency can be only adjusted to whole number without decimal, will this model do for this run?


Acechew, you have to specify the model. A Motorola bought here(authourised) or Motorola bought in Europe will NOT work ...PM me your model number and I can tell you for sure it works or not. ..

If you don't have the decimal, that means it does not have CTSS function. You can only listen, but if our other bro set to sub-grp zero, only then you can talk.

cl7teckie
9000rpm Rev Cut
9000rpm Rev Cut
Posts: 4682
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006
Location: I got Lost!!

Postby cl7teckie » Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:50 pm

fatelmo wrote:
cl7teckie wrote:If you are buying one, pls be sure you know what type VTECian already specify. For those technically inclided, its a FRS with CTSS set...for those not, pls PM me. If need to, I can do a GB.


Hi Paul, good effort to see that you are helping to buy the walkie. In case you have better lobang, then just ignore my inform below. For those who need to get one you can find a buddy buddy to share.

1 pair of walkie will cost you $70-78, hence effectively each walkie will cost you less that $40each. (export used only) Motorola model T5500 / T5550 / T5500 / 5720 should be fine as far as I have came across.

If not sure, please bring along your walkie during the 03/11/06 Pre-departure briefing and will will test it for you.

acechew wrote:speaking of walkie, the one i have is motorola walkabout, the frequency can be only adjusted to whole number without decimal, will this model do for this run?


Hi Chew, wrt to your question. HPVOC will try to accomodate to the frequcency used if necessary. If I also understand how the sub grp function it correctly, it means you can only rec'ed us but you can transmit out. In the worse situation. We will all stick to a main channel.

I suggest you bring you walkir to the pre-departure briefing for a test, if not you may like to consider upgrade :lol: :lol:


fatelmo,

Will be here to help...always wanted to do a GB, but this walkie thing stir bad feeling...help oso cannot, don't help oso cannot...LPPL ...BTW, r u sure you can get models like T5500 as cheap as $80 per pair? I was told that it should cost $150 or something. I got lobang for Motorola one(good) with full 2 years local warranty at abt $120 per pair for sure. Cheaper one will be other brands or chieong Motorola one!! Confirmed. and I can use get single unit, so no need to buddy buddy..

BTW, these walkie will always be Export model, as the legal one here will NEVER work in Accord or SHC.

I will help HPVOC to plan the frequency if necessary, but it is not so simple. Sub-group reduce stress of interference during driving, and some channel has more range than the others ...esp if we are doing break group convoy. Let's talk at the briefing.


Return to “Honda Plant Visit”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests