Unanswered topics Active topics

Good Worksmanship- Spray Painting

You like your car sparkling and clean? Here is where U can get tips
User avatar
kennynaz
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON
Posts: 677
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:36 pm

Post by kennynaz » Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:44 am

anyone got the exact address?
ImageImage

ongkmeng
4000rpm
4000rpm
Posts: 121
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 9:04 pm

Unpleasant Experience at Yew Lip

Post by ongkmeng » Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:35 pm

My experience with Y*w L*p die off before it can start. Was there yesterday to do some body work repair yesterday (after seeing all the recommenation in the forum).

Was there at 8:40. Was told that they start at 9am and A***(lady boss) is having breakfast. So I wait.
9:10 - approach another worker. He said she shoul be coming soon.
9:30 : The lady arrived in a Kangoo. She serve a Camry 1st (who come later). Then she approach me.

She inspected and quoted me 250 for repair work (scratch between wall column). I told her I come here becos of lots of good comment in SHC.
So she lower to $150. I told her whether it can be done at 100 or less. She firmly said no.

Well ok, I said I will seek 2nd opinion. Found another shop (Yong Thye Seng) @ Sin Ming blk 18. Approach by the boss. He quote me $80. As I requested less paint work, we finally agree on $60. Collect the car last night. The paintwork was well done. I save $90 upfront !!!

Guess too much business for Y*w L*p has given them more reason to up the price. Demand and supply still rule.
Last edited by ongkmeng on Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SilveryCivic
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON
Posts: 451
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:22 pm
Location: East

Re: Unpleasant Experience at Yew Lip

Post by SilveryCivic » Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:45 pm

How is the colour tone ?

ongkmeng
4000rpm
4000rpm
Posts: 121
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 9:04 pm

Re: Unpleasant Experience at Yew Lip

Post by ongkmeng » Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:57 pm

SilveryCivic wrote:How is the colour tone ?


Good, same as the stock paint. Cant see that it was repaired. :)

User avatar
killersupra
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!
Posts: 18450
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:36 am
Location: Where the sun rise

Re: Unpleasant Experience at Yew Lip

Post by killersupra » Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:18 am

ongkmeng wrote:My experience with Y*w L*p die off before it can start. Was there yesterday to do some body work repair yesterday (after seeing all the recommenation in the forum).

Was there at 8:40. Was told that they start at 9am and A***(lady boss) is having breakfast. So I wait.
9:10 - approach another worker. He said she shoul be coming soon.
9:30 : The lady arrived in a Kangoo. She serve a Camry 1st (who come later). Then she approach me.

She inspected and quoted me 250 for repair work (scratch between wall column). I told her I come here becos of lots of good comment in SHC.
So she lower to $150. I told her whether it can be done at 100 or less. She firmly said no.

Well ok, I said I will seek 2nd opinion. Found another shop (Yong Thye Seng) @ Sin Ming blk 18. Approach by the boss. He quote me $80. As I requested less paint work, we finally agree on $60. Collect the car last night. The paintwork was well done. I save $90 upfront !!!

Guess too much business for Y*w L*p has given them more reason to up the price. Demand and supply still rule.


Thats very cheap even for partial touchup. I might wan to check it out :D
C-Rex Revival
Image

Prelude
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON
Posts: 947
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:06 pm

Post by Prelude » Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:14 am

Bro does they repair body-kit?

User avatar
killersupra
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!
Posts: 18450
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:36 am
Location: Where the sun rise

Post by killersupra » Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:54 am

Prelude wrote:Bro does they repair body-kit?


All spray shop would be able to repair body kit, they will putty or fibre, or metal piece, sand n spray paint, then lacquer n polish :D
C-Rex Revival
Image

Prelude
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON
Posts: 947
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:06 pm

Post by Prelude » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:34 am

oh ok bro. Thanks for the info bro!!!! :)

User avatar
killersupra
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!
Posts: 18450
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:36 am
Location: Where the sun rise

Post by killersupra » Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:44 pm

Welcome bro :D
C-Rex Revival
Image

User avatar
Ezekiel 25:17
4000rpm
4000rpm
Posts: 122
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:03 am

Re: Unpleasant Experience at Yew Lip

Post by Ezekiel 25:17 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:23 pm

ongkmeng wrote:My experience with Y*w L*p die off before it can start. Was there yesterday to do some body work repair yesterday (after seeing all the recommenation in the forum).

Was there at 8:40. Was told that they start at 9am and A***(lady boss) is having breakfast. So I wait.
9:10 - approach another worker. He said she shoul be coming soon.
9:30 : The lady arrived in a Kangoo. She serve a Camry 1st (who come later). Then she approach me.

She inspected and quoted me 250 for repair work (scratch between wall column). I told her I come here becos of lots of good comment in SHC.
So she lower to $150. I told her whether it can be done at 100 or less. She firmly said no.

Well ok, I said I will seek 2nd opinion. Found another shop (Yong Thye Seng) @ Sin Ming blk 18. Approach by the boss. He quote me $80. As I requested less paint work, we finally agree on $60. Collect the car last night. The paintwork was well done. I save $90 upfront !!!

Guess too much business for Y*w L*p has given them more reason to up the price. Demand and supply still rule.


Different strokes for different people. I guess to you dollars and cents matters more than the quality of the paintjob and after sales support. Well if it's $$$ that matters most, think more expensive painters like A* L*e will all be out of business as well.

Not saying the YTS is bad but I've been a very satisfied customer of Y*w L*p as their workmanship is really good and A*** has also shown me very good aftersales support. Maybe you should give them a try 1st and see the difference.

Cheers,

Dan
Image
I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance & furious anger those who attempt to
poison & destroy my brothers & u will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee

User avatar
Thug
5000rpm
5000rpm
Posts: 207
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:52 am
Location: Singapore

Re: Good Worksmanship- Spray Painting

Post by Thug » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:09 am

vanadium wrote:Hi,

Just want to share my pleasant experience at Yew Lip (@ sin min).

Kanna accident recently so went there to respray my bumper and some panel beating.... The boss, Angie, was very helpful and sincere in helping me. My ride is black in colour but the paint quality is among the best I have encountered so far. Almost as good as new.

Price is also very reasonable too...I would strongly recommend this shop to fellow drivers out here..

I am so happy with their service that I decided to post this msg...can call them at 64536600.


Jus to ask, roughly how much is to respray a car wif few dents? U mentioned Yew Lip's pricing is reasonable, but I need to know the market price so to balance and measure the price.
-:- I grow up very poor. If I wasn't a boy; I would have nothing to play with -:-

ongkmeng
4000rpm
4000rpm
Posts: 121
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 9:04 pm

Re: Unpleasant Experience at Yew Lip

Post by ongkmeng » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:03 pm

[quote="Ezekiel 25:17]
Different strokes for different people. I guess to you dollars and cents matters more than the quality of the paintjob and after sales support. Well if it's $$$ that matters most, think more expensive painters like A* L*e will all be out of business as well.

Not saying the YTS is bad but I've been a very satisfied customer of Y*w L*p as their workmanship is really good and A*** has also shown me very good aftersales support. Maybe you should give them a try 1st and see the difference.

Cheers,

Dan[/quote]


Guess both $$$ and quality do count. If can save $, why not. Dont think only Y** L** provide good service or quality.

User avatar
Thug
5000rpm
5000rpm
Posts: 207
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:52 am
Location: Singapore

Re: Unpleasant Experience at Yew Lip

Post by Thug » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:07 am

ongkmeng wrote:[quote="Ezekiel 25:17]
Different strokes for different people. I guess to you dollars and cents matters more than the quality of the paintjob and after sales support. Well if it's $$$ that matters most, think more expensive painters like A* L*e will all be out of business as well.

Not saying the YTS is bad but I've been a very satisfied customer of Y*w L*p as their workmanship is really good and A*** has also shown me very good aftersales support. Maybe you should give them a try 1st and see the difference.

Cheers,

Dan[/quote]


[quote]Guess both $$$ and quality do count. If can save $, why not. Dont think only Y** L** provide good service or quality.[/quote]


Went for a quote wif angie yesterday. Quote me 1300 for 1 panel beating at the fender and a dent in the other fender.

Went to a paint shop in jurong. 600 for all. Well, i admit workmanship could have a difference however the $$ gap charged is way too great. Charging me at 700 more. I can go for 2 paint job in the jurong paint shop.
-:- I grow up very poor. If I wasn't a boy; I would have nothing to play with -:-

User avatar
killersupra
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!
Posts: 18450
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:36 am
Location: Where the sun rise

Re: Unpleasant Experience at Yew Lip

Post by killersupra » Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:48 am

Thug wrote:
ongkmeng wrote:[quote="Ezekiel 25:17]
Different strokes for different people. I guess to you dollars and cents matters more than the quality of the paintjob and after sales support. Well if it's $$$ that matters most, think more expensive painters like A* L*e will all be out of business as well.

Not saying the YTS is bad but I've been a very satisfied customer of Y*w L*p as their workmanship is really good and A*** has also shown me very good aftersales support. Maybe you should give them a try 1st and see the difference.

Cheers,

Dan[/quote]


[quote]Guess both $$$ and quality do count. If can save $, why not. Dont think only Y** L** provide good service or quality.[/quote]

Went for a quote wif angie yesterday. Quote me 1300 for 1 panel beating at the fender and a dent in the other fender.

Went to a paint shop in jurong. 600 for all. Well, i admit workmanship could have a difference however the $$ gap charged is way too great. Charging me at 700 more. I can go for 2 paint job in the jurong paint shop.[/quote]


Bro did she quote u wrongly? Cos two fenders for $1300 is way above market rate liao leh. U can spray the whole car liao. :?: :?:
C-Rex Revival
Image

User avatar
Thug
5000rpm
5000rpm
Posts: 207
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:52 am
Location: Singapore

Re: Unpleasant Experience at Yew Lip

Post by Thug » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:47 am

killersupra wrote:
Thug wrote:
ongkmeng wrote:[quote="Ezekiel 25:17]
Different strokes for different people. I guess to you dollars and cents matters more than the quality of the paintjob and after sales support. Well if it's $$$ that matters most, think more expensive painters like A* L*e will all be out of business as well.

Not saying the YTS is bad but I've been a very satisfied customer of Y*w L*p as their workmanship is really good and A*** has also shown me very good aftersales support. Maybe you should give them a try 1st and see the difference.

Cheers,

Dan[/quote]


[quote]Guess both $$$ and quality do count. If can save $, why not. Dont think only Y** L** provide good service or quality.[/quote]

Went for a quote wif angie yesterday. Quote me 1300 for 1 panel beating at the fender and a dent in the other fender.

Went to a paint shop in jurong. 600 for all. Well, i admit workmanship could have a difference however the $$ gap charged is way too great. Charging me at 700 more. I can go for 2 paint job in the jurong paint shop.[/quote]

Bro did she quote u wrongly? Cos two fenders for $1300 is way above market rate liao leh. U can spray the whole car liao. :?: :?:[/quote]


Respray of the whole car wif 2 panel beating at both fenders. S$1300/-
-:- I grow up very poor. If I wasn't a boy; I would have nothing to play with -:-

Post Reply