Unanswered topics Active topics

Convince me to get a JDM Accord over the 2.0 Civic...

Home Of The Accordians

What would you buy?

JDM Accord
78%
New Civic 2.0
13%
Save $$ and get the basic Civic 1.8
9%

Total votes: 99

Zoomprotege

Convince me to get a JDM Accord over the 2.0 Civic...

Post by Zoomprotege » Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:42 pm

Hi folks,

I love the look of the JDM Accord but the new Civiic 2.0 is the same price and yet so many more features. 4 airbags! ESP...

JDM Accord owners, please turn me to the Dark Side of PI Accord pls!!!

Btw, what do you think is the best color for the Accord? I am thinking of putting racing strips running through the mid-section of the car. What color would be best?

Pls help guys!!! Anyone purchased from Vincar? Care to share your experience?
Last edited by Zoomprotege on Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

ml2spin
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Re: Convince me to get a JDM Accord over the 2.0 Civic...

Post by ml2spin » Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:48 pm

Zoomprotege wrote:Hi folks,

I love the look of the JDM Accord but the new Civiic 2.0 is the same price and yet so many more features. 4 airbags! ESP...

Btw, what do you think is the best color for the Accord? I am thinking of putting racing strips running through the mid-section of the car. What color would be best?

If it's really down to the looks of Accord vs the feature of Civic - buy the Civic - how often are you going sit and stare at the car :twisted: :roll:
ImageImageImage

hifi1
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by hifi1 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:49 pm

Hi bro

Hmmm u shld not be convince by anyone except urself. Come to a kopi session and see the car, maybe sit in one to feel. Compare with civic, then make a decision. No pt buying becos of cosmetic and features. Wat if 1.5 yrs later Civic change again??

I am a simple person, buy car look at how the car feel when u sit in it. If the car ride no good, wat feature oso no use to me. As to colour, even more difficult but if u ask me, I think white is best.

My car from Vincar. Dont expect good service after warranty period esp recall. Cant depend on them and dont intend to, waste my time. If that is acceptable, go ahead as their pricing quite ok.

Cheers
Why everything I like I cannot afford and LTA cannot passed?

chneo1982
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by chneo1982 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:52 pm

Seems to me your heart already goes to the JDM accord. If you feel ur ride looks good, you will also feel good when driving it one. haha.

Never consider CM5? :lol:
Neo

lucasrock
9000rpm Rev Cut
9000rpm Rev Cut

Post by lucasrock » Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:52 pm

Zoomprotege wrote: I am thinking of putting racing strips running through the mid-section of the car.
Based on this statement alone, I think you should go for the FD civic!!!! :lol: It will suit you better!!!

oldfart
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by oldfart » Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:53 pm

lucasrock wrote:
Zoomprotege wrote: I am thinking of putting racing strips running through the mid-section of the car.
Based on this statement alone, I think you should go for the FD civic!!!! :lol: It will suit you better!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm responsible for my posts and comments. I'm an individual. Call me farty if you want but not "they all" or "u all".

SiR09
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by SiR09 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:04 pm

Whatever you pick, don't look back and enjoy the ride for no car is perfect! 8)
Miniature Diecast Collectors Join Us: http://www.tomicafanclub.com/

euro_06
2000rpm
2000rpm

Post by euro_06 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:08 pm

[quote="Zoomprotege"]Hi folks,

Pls help guys!!! Anyone purchased from Vincar? Care to share your experience?[/quote]

hi new here.. if u looking 4 cl7r go 4 it.. if cl7a must will go 4 civic 2l.. 8)

introspect
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by introspect » Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:12 pm

oldfart wrote:
lucasrock wrote:
Here we go... :lol:

My friend, these guys are giving you great advice. You gotta ask yourself and yourself only, which you prefer. Only way is to sit in one and 'feel' it... and you have to convince yourself.
With one sweeping blow...

2cubed
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by 2cubed » Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:33 am

introspect wrote:
oldfart wrote:
lucasrock wrote: Based on this statement alone, I think you should go for the FD civic!!!! :lol: It will suit you better!!!
Here we go... :lol:

My friend, these guys are giving you great advice. You gotta ask yourself and yourself only, which you prefer. Only way is to sit in one and 'feel' it... and you have to convince yourself.
I think maybe he wants a opinion? Well, for me I also had a choice between the 2 as well and like you say the price is very close. When I first saw the civic I was convinvced that this was the car for me. However that was what I thot when I first saw the JDM Accord too! So I compared everything down to the last cent. To cut a long story short, it boiled down to the same thing.

When I drove the civic I was reminded of a pretty young thing all perky and cheerful and so I lusted after her even though she was not very bright. After a short while she grew old and lost all the lustre and so I became bored.

When I drove the accord, we just clicked and a symbiotic bond was formed instantly. From that moment on I knew this was a car I can live with for a long time and so the choice was clear.

Is this a good enuf reason??? :lol: :lol: :lol: (Not putting down any civic bro's here, just a personal observation...... "puts on flame suit and brings ice water along")

Zoomprotege

Post by Zoomprotege » Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:47 am

Somehow, I will never fail to look at it whenever a JDM Accord drive by... Can't say that abt the Civic. Besides, it will be more common to see Civic on the road.

U drive a JDM Accord too? Is therr audio control on the steering?

2cubed
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by 2cubed » Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:15 am

Zoomprotege wrote:Somehow, I will never fail to look at it whenever a JDM Accord drive by... Can't say that abt the Civic. Besides, it will be more common to see Civic on the road.

U drive a JDM Accord too? Is therr audio control on the steering?
Looks like you already made up your mind.... :D (Not liking the stripe idea but its your choice :roll: )

yes and yes.

PsYcHoSPIKE
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by PsYcHoSPIKE » Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:49 am

Will choose the JDM accord eventually if i were u ..I bet there will b more and more civic FD on the rd sooner or lata ..at least the JDM accord will b at least lesser as compared ..Btw if u plan on puttin the racing strips ,the best will b a MINI Cooper ..Dat will suit ..but ..... :wink:

j.walker
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by j.walker » Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:13 am

Text error
Last edited by j.walker on Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
KEEP ON DRIVING........
I Will Be With Borneo Motor (Toyota) From 1st Sep 2008

j.walker
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by j.walker » Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:13 am

My 2 cents opinion;

Civic - A name seen since year 1991 where ESI is born. It was everywhere in Singapore (on road, on newspaper... etc). It actually create a more young image to others. (No offend to FD Bros)

Accord - A name that created more executive as this range only start at 2litres (As their 1.6 is not sucessful :lol: ) therefore its price was only affordable to richer ppl e last time as COE was like 40 to 60k.

It depends not only spec and also image. Maybe you want to consider this also. :lol: :lol:
KEEP ON DRIVING........
I Will Be With Borneo Motor (Toyota) From 1st Sep 2008