Unanswered topics Active topics

Honda Elysion in-depth Review of: The King of MPV

mt88
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by mt88 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:28 pm

Great car you have, congrats :)

Front brake pad for VG is 45022-SJK-030 and 020 for 2.4 if not mistaken. Diff last 3 digit in official part book. According to part seller material slightly diff. I guess it is just a diff varian but basically same size. If you happens to be in Sg visit TS for your parts related need. They have the jp parts book for you to see.

oem pad: http://translate.google.com.sg/translat ... SG247SG247

Enjoy your VG. Update us your experience with it

lky

Post by lky » Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:16 pm

hi SK, you can try Honda spare parts authorise dealer "Tiong Nam" 03-62533828

sk123
1000rpm
1000rpm

Post by sk123 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:30 pm

hello lky,

thanks for the headup. heard there is another dealer which is nearer to my place, in SS14. Think will survey around for the best deal. Looks like my front brake pads still have about 3-4mm to go. others like long life coolant, ATF, brake fluid will be changed soon coz don't know how long it has been in there.

Just came back from Ipoh. Whole round trip was about 600km with some cari makan trips. I have pumped full tank right after I took delivery of my car and still have about 1/3 left. Have not refilled yet, so dunno how much petrol was used. Will update on the consumption once I refill it. But from the look of it, the consumption is pretty good for a 3litre engine.

it seems to me the engine ECU is pretty aggresive to go into ECO mode. Whenever I drive leisurely, it goes into ECO mode, even at 40km/h. :o But at that speed, the real time km/l figure was not that good; 8-10km/l.

stay tuned.

hahaboy

Post by hahaboy » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:17 pm

can anyone tell me , is it possible 04-06 elysion can change front to 08 facelifted ?

exchequer

Post by exchequer » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:20 pm

Hello all,

Don’t know how active this thread is but I have been an owner of Elysion since Aug 04 and would like to share some experiences.

It has been an uneventful and unthrilling type of ownership. It does its job very well in many respects, and it is recommended as an alternative to an estima. But then again, Elysion is not actively marketed in Singapore anymore. New model or comprehensive revision is required to stay in this Jap MPV game.

Problems start to creep up lately on my car though.

Sliding door giving out loud buzzing noise when open and close. Was told by MBM power door motor is gone.

The engine gives gentle jerks when I step on the accelerator. Was told by Raymond at Autodynamac that engine mounts are gone.

Anyone has similar problems as above ?

Many thanks

mt88
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by mt88 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:59 pm

exchequer wrote:Hello all,

Don’t know how active this thread is but I have been an owner of Elysion since Aug 04 and would like to share some experiences.

It has been an uneventful and unthrilling type of ownership. It does its job very well in many respects, and it is recommended as an alternative to an estima. But then again, Elysion is not actively marketed in Singapore anymore. New model or comprehensive revision is required to stay in this Jap MPV game.

Problems start to creep up lately on my car though.

Sliding door giving out loud buzzing noise when open and close. Was told by MBM power door motor is gone.

The engine gives gentle jerks when I step on the accelerator. Was told by Raymond at Autodynamac that engine mounts are gone.

Anyone has similar problems as above ?

Many thanks
Elysion sliding door need regular servicing. It is advice to spray lubricant to the moving parts and the railing every 6 months or so. There was a recall on the sliding door lock and motor back on 2005/6. Honda redesigned the lock's cap to prevent rain/snow from jamming the door.

Engine mountings replacements are common for fwd cars. The mountings take the stress when accelerate and during braking. It is obviously has a life span. If your cars have not change engine mounting since 2004 then it is already very good. Some models need to change 2 year+ only.

My engine mounting is also due for replacement. There is slight noise and jerking too. 3L model has additional hydraulic mountings that cost more. If not mistaken around $800-1000 for 4-5 mountings. 2.4L should be cheaper as no hydraulic mountings.

Hope that answer your questions. Cheers

mt88
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by mt88 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:33 pm

Elysion engine mounting for 2.4L model and for 3L v6 model

Parts no for 3L model. Front and Back mounting with active noise cancelling module.

sk123
1000rpm
1000rpm

Post by sk123 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:04 am

mt88,

Do you happen to keep the Elysion parts catalogue under you pillow?? :lol: Very useful info from you there :clap: :prayer:

Regards.

exchequer

Post by exchequer » Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:22 pm

ditto

MT88, great stuff. thanks !

but seems like more relevant to V6. (may be yours is the only V6 car in sing !)

ordered engine mounts from Thian Seng. spent approx S$574 for all 4 (each one is different price). was told that some (may be 3 out of the 4) are the same as those used in Odyssey.

cheers

mt88
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by mt88 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:14 pm

exchequer wrote:ditto

MT88, great stuff. thanks !

but seems like more relevant to V6. (may be yours is the only V6 car in sing !)

ordered engine mounts from Thian Seng. spent approx S$574 for all 4 (each one is different price). was told that some (may be 3 out of the 4) are the same as those used in Odyssey.

cheers
Great info. Thank u for sharing with us.

No lah.. I saw a few 3L Elysion in Sg. Even got same color same specs as mine running in the street.

Sorry to leave out 2.4l parts no. It was in a little hurry when posted. Here is the mounting parts no for 2.4L

mt88
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by mt88 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:23 pm

sk123 wrote:mt88,

Do you happen to keep the Elysion parts catalogue under you pillow?? :lol: Very useful info from you there :clap: :prayer:

Regards.
hah.. no lah dont have the catalogue with me but can see them in the parts seller. If every elysion owner posted what they see than we may have a complete catalogue posted here sharing :)

For those who want to change the knuckle ball, here is the parts

sk123
1000rpm
1000rpm

Post by sk123 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:33 pm

mt88 and all Ely owners,

Wish to invite you all to tkss with us at this forum here

http://forum.autoworld.com.my/index.php?showtopic=91196

This is an Elysion thread and the one and only in Msia at the moment I think. Hope your participation will brighten up both forums here and there. :D

Cheers.

mt88
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by mt88 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:03 pm

Recently I heard a comment from a lady’s guest who boards the car recently. He said the car looks clean and not smelly. Well, it is not difficult to have a fresh air if the AC filter is replaced regularly say 6 months or so. Original Honda AC filter for Elysion same as Accord is a deodorized charcoal type cost around $20. It is a first defense against dirt to go into the evaporator and air circulation.

Changing AC Filter is very easy. Open the glove box compartment fully. Press the wall of the compartment on both sides (near the two retainers left and right) till it can release further.
Push the plastic clip holder to the back to release it.
One should see the filter holder. Press both clips and pull.
Take the paper filter out from the holder and replace with a new one.. Replace the filter into the holder and push it back.
Clip back the plastic holder and put the compartment back.

Enjoy a fresher air instantly :)

This tips works pretty much similar to most Japanese car that come with AC filter.

mt88
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by mt88 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:45 pm

Howkay.. finally got the time to replace the engine mounting. The mountings have been screaming, replace me...replace me.. :) They made annoying creaky sounds especially when during acceleration. There were some subtle bumps and vibration as well.

All together are 5 mountings, 3 majors and 2 minors cost around $1300+ from TS with labor cost $135 @ AutoDynamac (including replacing oil+filter and power steering oil). The process of exchanging mounting is a little tedious due to a tight space. It takes few hours to complete the job.

Standard for Honda V6 engines are 2 hydraulic mountings front and back with auto noise canceling and leveling similarly found in Germans luxury car. It is costlier than the regular rubber mountings but works wonderful to silent and to dampen the vibrations. The sensors level out automatically making it extra creamy to drive.

First to be replaced was the side mount near the belt possibly receive most shocks.

I regreted not to replace this mount 50820-SDB-A01 sooner as it made most of creaking sounds. It was very much spoiled with its bloody oil oozed out as soon as it was taken out. Other Elysion users should probably have this particular mount checked regularly.

The rest of replacement was quite non event and not as bad shape as the first one.

All in all, it was money well spent. The car is now free of annoying creaky sounds while on the road. Just as good as when it was new.

What next? well maybe, changing the shock absorber if I can find the time

Side note:
It was rainy and cold day when I was at AD. While waiting for the car, I got myself refueling at the JTC food court at 3014B Ubi Road 1 S08722. Old style double boiled soup in a stone pot, it was deeellicious, yumm.. :)

Direction: http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_tra ... ite_53122/
Last edited by mt88 on Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sk123
1000rpm
1000rpm

Post by sk123 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:12 pm

Hi mt88,

From the looks of your old cabin filter, you do seem to like fresh air mode a lot. Those dust and dried leafs were the tell tale signs :D

Owner's manual does lay out the steps to change the cabin filter. However your pics are describing the process much better.

As for engine mountings, woah....5 of them?? :shock: I thought it was going to be the gang of 4 as in usual setup; front, back, left and right. How did the 5th came about? But that was a major dent to your wallet, right? :rolleyes: