Unanswered topics Active topics

Honda Elysion in-depth Review of: The King of MPV

mt88
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by mt88 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:38 pm

UltraBear wrote:bro, u still hang out at AD?
Wish I could help but I also dont have workshop manual for RB3 Absolute. You may want to approach one of the parts dealer to help you getting one from japan?

Ocassionally there if i need to fix something :)
Last edited by mt88 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Justice gives our right, but Mercy and Grace give what we don’t deserve

mt88
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by mt88 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:45 pm

Honda has issued a safety recall for Elysion RR3-RR6 for a weak power steering hose that cause it to leak, a common problem for Honda.

I dont know why it takes Honda so long to recognize this problem. Personally I think Honda should also recall RR1 and RR2 too.

I wrote about this in this forum in 2008 and Honda only recalled it 4 years later... shesshh http://www.shc-forum.com/viewtopic.php? ... 50#1801150

http://www.honda.co.jp/recall/121004_3033.html

UltraBear
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by UltraBear » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:15 pm

mt88 wrote:
Wish I could help but I also dont have workshop manual for RB3 Absolute. You may want to approach one of the parts dealer to help you getting one from japan?

==> you mean its possible to get them bring in the workshop manual for RB3?

mt88
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by mt88 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:42 pm

UltraBear wrote:
mt88 wrote:

Honestly I never tried :)

On the second thought, isn't the rb1/rb2 manual similar to your rb3? Aren't the engine diff in the head, intake, exh, and accoustic?

UltraBear
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by UltraBear » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:46 pm

mt88 wrote:
UltraBear wrote:
mt88 wrote: Wish I could help but I also dont have workshop manual for RB3 Absolute. You may want to approach one of the parts dealer to help you getting one from japan?

Honestly I never tried :)

On the second thought, isn't the rb1/rb2 manual similar to your rb3? Aren't the engine diff in the head, intake, exh, and accoustic?
==> yea its diff,...

w11nn

Need part no.

Post by w11nn » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:37 am

mt88 wrote:After 5 years of satisfying ownership, finally managed to change absorbers plus all the lower arm bushes. No more bumpy ride and no more klucking sound from the front suspension. Back to the original comfortable Elysion ride.

Note to all Elysion owners or all car owners, please ensure to tighten your car’s undercarriage bolts and nuts especially in the multilink and the arms. After a while some of them may get loosen. If not taken care it may cause a serious damage of loose suspension.

Rather worn off lower arm bushes, linkage and stabilizer holder, a timely replacement.

Hi MT, can you please let me know the complete info, what parts (with part no.) we should change and what is the price of the parts in Singapore.
I have the same problem (klucking sound) with my Elysion 2004 X-type.

Thanks

andry
1000rpm
1000rpm

engine mounting

Post by andry » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:46 pm

Dear mt88

Now, i have another problems with my 3L Elysion.
could you give reference part numbers for :
1. Engine mounting assy

BestRegards,
Andry

mt88
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Re: engine mounting

Post by mt88 » Tue May 07, 2013 4:08 pm

andry wrote:Dear mt88

Now, i have another problems with my 3L Elysion.
could you give reference part numbers for :
1. Engine mounting assy

BestRegards,
Andry

This has been discussed lenghty at page 10, including parts nos

mt88
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by mt88 » Tue May 07, 2013 4:56 pm

Wow..long time no see.. How are you Elysion owners doing? Time certainly flies.. It has been 7 years since this thread started.

Others cars come and go but this Elysion stays with me and been serving me well. Its equipment and technology are still up to date. The VCM or variable cylinder management technology introduced in 2004 starts to appear on some Conti-cars albeit modified.

This Elysion is still hush-hush and comfortable.. Except, some creaking sounds started to creep into the cabin. The culprit identified: upper arm bushing and its knuckle joints. Obviously after all these year the joint started to give way, dried and the concealed grease leaked out.

Time for replacement. Headed to TS. Found out that, according to TS, Honda Japan is no longer sell the knuckle and bushing seperately. Need to buy the whole upper arm, cost $160 each.

After replacement no more creaking sound from the front, except ocasionally a minute creacking from the back suspension which I also think from the rear upper arm knucle joint. I will probably change when it gets more irritating, but for now, back to hush-hush Elysion..

For those who need parts nos, see catalague no below

Front upper arm

Rear upper arm

Front lower arm

exchequer

Post by exchequer » Sat May 18, 2013 5:45 pm

Welcome back mt88 !

always looking forward to your wisdom in this thread

my elysion is 9 years old. As honda more keen to do F1 than another well sized MPV, I am wondering what would you consider as a good replacement alternative.

Vellfire ? Estima ? Elgrand ?

wife definitely struggle with the size of a vellfire/alphard. really cannot stand the center dash design of an estima. the new Elgrand is cool though.

mt88
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by mt88 » Thu May 23, 2013 7:34 pm

exchequer wrote:Welcome back mt88 !

always looking forward to your wisdom in this thread

my elysion is 9 years old. As honda more keen to do F1 than another well sized MPV, I am wondering what would you consider as a good replacement alternative.

Vellfire ? Estima ? Elgrand ?

wife definitely struggle with the size of a vellfire/alphard. really cannot stand the center dash design of an estima. the new Elgrand is cool though.
Hello exchequer,

I wish that I can come here more often but unfortunately difficult with the ever increasing work and duty. Therefore, apology for a late reply.

You are right, Honda management is not so good and has been slow to adapt in the trend of automobile industry and caused them to loose significant market share and growth. Other than MPV concept M and S recently announced, no other sign of replacement of their aging Elysion. Honda recent focus is on lauching their flagship NSX.

Concept M

The current Alphard and Estima are due for model replacement. There are already some scoop computer graphic pictures for the two. Size and platform are similar to the current models albeit different body shell and some improvement of interior finish.

Current Elgrand looks quite nice. Specs and equipment level are fair. Its 3rd row chair is not forward and back adjustable unlike Alphard and Elysion but overall a decent full size MPV. Go for it if you like it

adr889

Post by adr889 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:05 pm

Anyone know how to open front door panel (left) for honda elysion ? where is the located bolt ? i only find 1. i have trouble with power window on left can't open seems like the rubber or the regulator trouble. need help if you guys have pics. thanks

mt88
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by mt88 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:26 pm

adr889 wrote:Anyone know how to open front door panel (left) for honda elysion ? where is the located bolt ? i only find 1. i have trouble with power window on left can't open seems like the rubber or the regulator trouble. need help if you guys have pics. thanks

adr889

Post by adr889 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:36 pm

mt88: thank you very much for ur help and fast respond too :)

ralstogj

Buying Second Hand Advice

Post by ralstogj » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:40 pm

Guys

I am in New Zealand and the second hand dealers are starting to bring in 2004 Elysions from Japan and I am looking to by a 3l with VCM due to the good FC typically they are selling for 12-15K NZD. Here some links to the ones I am interested in

http://www.carcompanynelson.co.nz/stock ... 04-GWC210/

http://www.autobase.co.nz/cars-for-sale ... 810510.htm

What sort of total km's have your vehicles done? The 78k seems a good buy over the one with 113k but do the km's make that much difference. IS there any major services that need doing at around 100K. Do all models come with cruise control?

Also are the 4wd models just has good as we are in an alpine area Queenstown so would be good for the snow.

Look forward to hearing from you

Justin