Unanswered topics Active topics

ODY - JET Engine Sound - BAT Mobil - Its Not Caused By ICE

What is the cause of Ian's new jet engine sound?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:39 pm

Faulty auto gear
17%
Faulty water pump, radiator, etc
33%
Faulty power steering (eg reservior, pump, etc)
17%
Air Filter Related (not secured properly, air leaking, hose leaking air, etc)
33%

Total votes: 6

Ian
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by Ian » Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:30 am

zakuii wrote:Hey, it seems like my Stream also got this sound. Spotted it recently, especially after making a turn like u-turn and accelerating. after a while of driving, the sound disappears.
I think a lot of cars have this problem (very common in older cars - 5 years and above). I notice my friends old car (10 years old Merc and 7 year old Lancer) has this sound. However, for it to develop this early (most of our cars under two years old) is uncommon.

zakuii
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by zakuii » Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:36 pm

Is this steering problem hazardous? If not, then i'll take my time to get it fix.

odyssey crazy
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by odyssey crazy » Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:52 pm

Nope, the noise is not hazardous, unless the reservoir or spring drops out!! :o

In anycase, it takes quite a bit of listening to hear it, and it comes and goes. Ben and I have had our stuff changed and the sound seems to be there still......dunno if they actually changed it.....

Anyone has any advise?
Lit
Odyssey's the best!
Desert Mist, fog lamps, put in a voltage stabilizer (blue coloured thingy, dunno brand), everything else stock.

zakuii
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by zakuii » Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:11 pm

The bat mobil sound is getting worst in my situation. sometimes it can get very loud while accelerating that i feel scared. arranged with KM to look into it and hopefully they can change the defective part on the same day. getting pretty weary of the sound.

felt a little disappointed with honda. there are already 3 issues with my 2 yr old stream. 1st: car cannot start, changed gearbox sensor. 2nd: check engine light on and car jerks while accelerating, cleaned throttle body but did not solve problem, finally changed the throttle body. 3rd: batman mobil sound. i'm worried what will happen after the 3 yrs warranty is over. my previous thai made honda city does not have any issues even when i sold it off 3.5 yrs driving it.

stream832
1000rpm
1000rpm

Post by stream832 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:13 pm

Lately, my 5 years old pre-FL Stream seems to have this engine dragging sound when I move off from the car park in the morning. However, after a while, the sound will go off by itself. This does not happen all the time. Is this similar to the problem you guys are experiencing? Is it caused by the steering pump as claimed by some of you or old transmission fluid?

TIA

benkk5618
5000rpm
5000rpm

Post by benkk5618 » Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:34 pm

Yup despite changing the so call necessary stuff by KAH Mandai, the jet engine sound can still be heard. I think this is inherent in all Honda engines and there's no way to solve. I gave up liao. Worst still, now I'm hearing this famous tut tut noise again.

What next :(

nickyboy_cool
9000rpm Rev Cut
9000rpm Rev Cut

Post by nickyboy_cool » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:35 pm

:cry: I am sure most of us have this same tut tut sound problem.

Wonder if we can change the bearings ? Maybe even changing the whole steering column ? Under warranty ???

Maybe if we can have a "friend" working in KM, then can change all the parts under warranty before expiry.....:lol:

benkk5618 wrote:Ian,

Is he by any chance Vincent?

I'm quite sure all the Odys in Singapore are having this problem. Just that most of them don't realise that it is a problem. I initially also didn't think of it as a fault. I just thought it id the engine getting old liao and more noisy.

I will find time to go to Mandai this week and look for my SE Teo. Let you know if I encounter some resistance.