Unanswered topics Active topics

New FD Civic - Who booked?

New Civic model year 2006 onwards
kelvinfoo0925
1000rpm
1000rpm

Post by kelvinfoo0925 » Thu May 15, 2008 12:55 pm

MUSHA wrote:
striker wrote:Congrats on your new ride!

What's your loan amount, % interest and period of loan?

Your old ride must have given you enough to put down payment.

:D
Looking forward to it everyday now. Like machaim waiting for my pay. :lol:

Full loan 10 yrs. Can't change car at least for the next 5 yrs. That's y muz aim at the correct car to buy, so i won't hv regrets. My old ride, drive into the sea oso nobody bother to take it out of the sea. Not that it is a bad car but it is worth very little money now, fact that it is a 3 yrs old car. :cry:
I am in the same position as you Musha.. I have done my math before I commit.. For a full ten year loan, you cannot even think of selling the car after 5 years, if your loan comes with cash rebate.. unless you strike 4D or inherited a huge legacy.. It should be after 8.5 years before you could consider changing cars..

I am prepared to drive the Honda for the next 8.5 years.. so gotta sayang my car..

MUSHA
2000rpm
2000rpm

Post by MUSHA » Thu May 15, 2008 6:28 pm

kelvinfoo0925 wrote:
MUSHA wrote:
striker wrote:Congrats on your new ride!

What's your loan amount, % interest and period of loan?

Your old ride must have given you enough to put down payment.

Looking forward to it everyday now. Like machaim waiting for my pay. :lol:

Full loan 10 yrs. Can't change car at least for the next 5 yrs. That's y muz aim at the correct car to buy, so i won't hv regrets. My old ride, drive into the sea oso nobody bother to take it out of the sea. Not that it is a bad car but it is worth very little money now, fact that it is a 3 yrs old car. :cry:
I am in the same position as you Musha.. I have done my math before I commit.. For a full ten year loan, you cannot even think of selling the car after 5 years, if your loan comes with cash rebate.. unless you strike 4D or inherited a huge legacy.. It should be after 8.5 years before you could consider changing cars..

I am prepared to drive the Honda for the next 8.5 years.. so gotta sayang my car..
Same situation here bro. Don't when will get my car... :(
FoxtrotDeltaOneAlpha

sunnycrowe
3000rpm
3000rpm

Post by sunnycrowe » Thu May 15, 2008 11:17 pm

hey bros can give advise here..

i bot a mar05 integra this jan 08 n took 7 yrs loan ($58,000)....

i plan to switch to FD1 at of the year cos tired of manual (esp in jams) n oso prefer 4 dr....

if my early redemption amt is say $53k at end of this yr, as long as i can sell a $53k to another, then i wont make any loss? is this how its calculated??

kelvinfoo0925
1000rpm
1000rpm

Post by kelvinfoo0925 » Thu May 15, 2008 11:23 pm

MUSHA wrote:
kelvinfoo0925 wrote:
MUSHA wrote: Looking forward to it everyday now. Like machaim waiting for my pay. :lol:

Mine is coming in 18 days... :D

ek3_rs
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by ek3_rs » Fri May 16, 2008 10:49 am

kelvinfoo0925 wrote:
MUSHA wrote:
kelvinfoo0925 wrote: I am in the same position as you Musha.. I have done my math before I commit.. For a full ten year loan, you cannot even think of selling the car after 5 years, if your loan comes with cash rebate.. unless you strike 4D or inherited a huge legacy.. It should be after 8.5 years before you could consider changing cars..

Yeah... Finally i m collecting my FD2A tommorow....

Anybody need SE recommendation can look for Vincent Toh at Leng kee showroom, always update me on the status of the car, e.g. every COE bidding, he will inform me whether it is successful or not, car arrive, payment, when he will book, when collect, even tell u the car license plate the moment he know, so u can make arrangement for season parking etc...

The best part is he is not those hard selling, attitude SE. But rather patient guy who entertain all my enquiry and doubts, special requirement for my ride.
U can tell him Jeffrey that book the FD2A w/o reverse sensor recommend.
Thumbs up for him! :wink:
ImageImage

MUSHA
2000rpm
2000rpm

Post by MUSHA » Fri May 16, 2008 12:36 pm

kelvinfoo0925 wrote:
MUSHA wrote:
kelvinfoo0925 wrote: I am in the same position as you Musha.. I have done my math before I commit.. For a full ten year loan, you cannot even think of selling the car after 5 years, if your loan comes with cash rebate.. unless you strike 4D or inherited a huge legacy.. It should be after 8.5 years before you could consider changing cars..

Mine still no sound no picture... :cry:
FoxtrotDeltaOneAlpha

MUSHA
2000rpm
2000rpm

Post by MUSHA » Fri May 16, 2008 12:39 pm

ek3_rs wrote:
kelvinfoo0925 wrote:
MUSHA wrote: Same situation here bro. Don't when will get my car... :(

Anybody need SE recommendation can look for Vincent Toh at Leng kee showroom, always update me on the status of the car, e.g. every COE bidding, he will inform me whether it is successful or not, car arrive, payment, when he will book, when collect, even tell u the car license plate the moment he know, so u can make arrangement for season parking etc...

The best part is he is not those hard selling, attitude SE. But rather patient guy who entertain all my enquiry and doubts, special requirement for my ride.
Congrats! If by this bidding, my loan still not approve, i'll tell my SE sorry, I got no luck in owning a Honda - which is always my dream to own one.

Do you guys try loan 1st or pay booking fee to try loan?
FoxtrotDeltaOneAlpha

ek3_rs
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by ek3_rs » Sat May 17, 2008 1:27 am

MUSHA wrote:
ek3_rs wrote:
kelvinfoo0925 wrote: Mine is coming in 18 days... :D

Congrats! If by this bidding, my loan still not approve, i'll tell my SE sorry, I got no luck in owning a Honda - which is always my dream to own one.

Do you guys try loan 1st or pay booking fee to try loan?
Dont worry on your bidding, my SE has told me that no matter what, out of the 4 bids non guarantee, they will definately secured a COE for u. Which he say Kah motor has never reject a sale because of COE.

I pay booking fee the moment i sign the line, and loan is approved in 2 days time leh, very efficient when deal with OCBC, if u take DBS, it will take some time.
ImageImage

Judd
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by Judd » Sat May 17, 2008 11:44 am

Not so true leh.. I booked car in early April.. 2 days later loan from DBS approved liao. Now waiting patiently for collection of car which SE said will be in early June.

I tink approval of the bank loan depends on d salary u r drawing and ur job security and not which bank is faster than the other. :lol: :lol:

ek3_rs
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by ek3_rs » Sun May 18, 2008 11:34 am

Judd wrote:Not so true leh.. I booked car in early April.. 2 days later loan from DBS approved liao. Now waiting patiently for collection of car which SE said will be in early June.

I tink approval of the bank loan depends on d salary u r drawing and ur job security and not which bank is faster than the other. :lol: :lol:
U r right on your 1st point, and i had personally experienced the latter when taking a housing loan from DBS before, has to ask for this and that, need me to submit my account statement, payslips etc then got to wait and wait for weeks, no updates or follow up. Call up to check on status, they told me i need to send in another documents then they can process the loan application, so i told them why they didn't call me to ask for that document earlier. In the end, when to OCBC at Punggol branch, told them that i need to get a housing loan in a short time, guess what, the staffs there stay from 7.30pm - 9.30pm, which is way passes their working hours just to get my application filled, not 1 or 2 staffs stay, but 5 staffs stay back, 3 days and the loan is approved. :wink:
ImageImage

striker
5000rpm
5000rpm

Post by striker » Tue May 20, 2008 12:17 am

Hi kelvin bro,

Sorry for late reply.

What you mean by $300 more? you mean installment/mth?

Anyway, hope you get your FD2A soon

Cheers :lol:

striker
5000rpm
5000rpm

Post by striker » Tue May 20, 2008 12:28 am

Bro judd,

You must be high flier! :)

Funny, some of my banker friends said the same thing, especially if you work in a bank, even faster, they take care their own kind :)

Judd
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by Judd » Tue May 20, 2008 4:20 pm

Haha... no la bro, where got high flier.. Just enough to own a Civiv only.

I tink its both a yes and a no la regarding bank loan approval duration. Yes - It does depend on wat u r doing n wat u earn.. and No - its not neccessarily true as it also depends on the working attitude of the bank emoployees who are attending to your loan applications. Bank policy also will affect duration but not too much of a diff. IMO.

kelvinfoo0925
1000rpm
1000rpm

Post by kelvinfoo0925 » Tue May 20, 2008 6:11 pm

striker wrote:Hi kelvin bro,

Sorry for late reply.

What you mean by $300 more? you mean installment/mth?

Anyway, hope you get your FD2A soon

Cheers :lol:
$300 more, yes I meant the monthly installment..

Anyway mine is FD1A.

striker
5000rpm
5000rpm

Post by striker » Wed May 21, 2008 12:13 am

Oil just broken all time high and now is USD 129 per barrel! :cry: :x

Don't tell me Goldman Sachs's prediction is coming true, 200USD!

Damn, when will the bubble burst?