Unanswered topics Active topics

The Edixians

break free
5000rpm
5000rpm

Post by break free » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:01 am

MCDS wrote:Actually Edix has a large group ownership and even had its own website once... I was there ... :)

But as most Edix owners are family man - and no more the cheongster of EG/EK etc... not much time to actually have a large group regular meetup.

At last, even the Edix forum moderator got tired and just closed the site.

We want to revive this, we can do it - but shud ride on the monthly SHC meetup as the official meetup and not try to 'strike out' on our own becos the membership here is not very large, and many many won't be able to make it due to family commitments or other reasons.

I still have a few contacts with the old Edix owners' group, maybe can organise a meet for the June or July SHC meetup... (this month I am out of town haha)

The Edix group can be split into two - those with the D17 engine (1.7 litre) and those with the K20 engine. As these two engines are worlds apart, performance also differs greatly

all said, it must be emphasized again (and never enough) that the Edix is a TRUCK. It cannot perform like an EG, or EK, or ES, or FD, or CL.

so forget about top speed, cornering speed, mod-rod performance etc.

This FR-V is about comfort, space, ICE, and TOURING - into Malaysia, even Thailand... as a family. Petrol heads should have two cars... one for sports, the other this FR-V for sedate yet comfortable driving.

of course, this is a Honda. Driving it and overtaking on normal roads, etc is still fun... but do realise what it is... it can NEVER perform like the sedans...
Bro, read your post many times, everytime I read it, I feel so sad. I'm currently driving a eg9 and am thinking of changing a 2nd edix. I understand that it cannot be compared power wise, but is it really that bad???

spellbro
1000rpm
1000rpm

Post by spellbro » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:16 pm

1. Monstar3/Edix1.7/Blue/East
2. EG6stanley/Black/West
3. newage/blue/west
4. thundercracker / vivid blue / eastside!!
5. TheRock610 / light blue / West 93894886 - Office opp AMK
autopoint, give me a buzz when u r there... Very Happy
6. sohzai/ black/ South-west
7. Spellbro/ Off- Gray/ Pasir Ris :)

sohzai
1000rpm
1000rpm

Post by sohzai » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:30 pm

Wow...some activity here after 2 months..haha...

Anyway..where do you guys service your car? I was thinking we may need spare parts here and there as our car ages.

Oh yah..I cycle as a hobby. But after trying out and find out various methods, our car cannot mount a trunk bike rack. The weight will all land on our factory spoiler and break it after the 2nd bike is mounted.

Only options for our car now is Thule roof rack which cost about S$1000, and....putting the whole bike into our boot! (with rear seats down of course) Haha...just sharing with you all in case any one of you cycle too.

spellbro
1000rpm
1000rpm

Post by spellbro » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:21 pm

i cycle too. but i just ride my bike to the place that i want to go to without driving.=) i do bike trials

sohzai
1000rpm
1000rpm

Post by sohzai » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:30 pm

wow...fellow hobbists...haha...

I need to transport my wife's bike too...she only recreational cycling...and not confident on raod at all...

spellbro
1000rpm
1000rpm

Post by spellbro » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:09 pm

oh ya btw anyone knows where's the cheapest place to fix Edix 1.7a front bumper?

zeee
2000rpm
2000rpm

Post by zeee » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:49 pm

MCDS wrote:Actually Edix has a large group ownership and even had its own website once... I was there ... :)

But as most Edix owners are family man - and no more the cheongster of EG/EK etc... not much time to actually have a large group regular meetup.

At last, even the Edix forum moderator got tired and just closed the site.

We want to revive this, we can do it - but shud ride on the monthly SHC meetup as the official meetup and not try to 'strike out' on our own becos the membership here is not very large, and many many won't be able to make it due to family commitments or other reasons.

I still have a few contacts with the old Edix owners' group, maybe can organise a meet for the June or July SHC meetup... (this month I am out of town haha)

The Edix group can be split into two - those with the D17 engine (1.7 litre) and those with the K20 engine. As these two engines are worlds apart, performance also differs greatly

all said, it must be emphasized again (and never enough) that the Edix is a TRUCK. It cannot perform like an EG, or EK, or ES, or FD, or CL.

so forget about top speed, cornering speed, mod-rod performance etc.

This FR-V is about comfort, space, ICE, and TOURING - into Malaysia, even Thailand... as a family. Petrol heads should have two cars... one for sports, the other this FR-V for sedate yet comfortable driving.

of course, this is a Honda. Driving it and overtaking on normal roads, etc is still fun... but do realise what it is... it can NEVER perform like the sedans...

there's an edix who actually did close to 240 kph, and held it for a few minutes (with wife & kids on board!). it also cruises on the north-south highway in excess of 200 kph for an hour or so, when traffic is light, if not, 150 kph & above. this edix just have a few basic mods: suspension, chassis, wheel camber, wider tires, rare edix airbox from japan, speed de-limiter, ignition cables, and most important of all, air/fuel ratio re-map. heard the air/fuel was re-mapped in malaysia.

it's a k20 inside...

Phasehonda
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by Phasehonda » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:05 pm

Drop the idea
Last edited by Phasehonda on Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

sohzai
1000rpm
1000rpm

Post by sohzai » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:09 pm

Hm...i think it wouldn't be easy to trace the PI? and even if can trace, not sure if they will still honour the warranty after the vehicle had change of hands.

Best is to bring it to your known mechanic and get them to do a thorough check of the vehicle, most of the well-known workshops should be able to tell roughly whether the car is all ok or anything may be failing.

The seller should be able to cater to this request if you have shown enough serious interest. At least that's how i did it when i got my 3-year old 1.7

zeee
2000rpm
2000rpm

Post by zeee » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:10 pm

sohzai wrote:Hm...i think it wouldn't be easy to trace the PI? and even if can trace, not sure if they will still honour the warranty after the vehicle had change of hands.

Best is to bring it to your known mechanic and get them to do a thorough check of the vehicle, most of the well-known workshops should be able to tell roughly whether the car is all ok or anything may be failing.

The seller should be able to cater to this request if you have shown enough serious interest. At least that's how i did it when i got my 3-year old 1.7

in addition to what bro sohzai suggested, you could also sent the vehicle for a wheel alignment check. repairs on chassis & wheel alignment components on badly damaged vehicles are usually noticeable to the trained eye. if you are really interested in the edix that you mentioned, it is worth while to invest $30-$60 to have a professional wheel alignment person to give it an "once over".

cheers!

Phasehonda
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by Phasehonda » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:14 am

Anybody knows the history of a Black Edix with the reg plate 4648? Thanks in advance

sivaworld
Idling
Idling

Post by sivaworld » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:31 pm

Hi everyone,

A brief intro .

I just got myself a brand new Honda Edix 2004 2.0 model and me and my family are really having some good time with it.

Btw, I am a Malaysian and the car is located here too. It's very very very rare to find one running round over here, but it's a real joy to ride.

I hope I can be welcomed over here. Actually I plan to drive my car into Singapore, hopefuly i can get to meet up with some of you soon

Cheers,
Siva

Phasehonda
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by Phasehonda » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:50 pm

sivaworld wrote:Hi everyone,

A brief intro .

I just got myself a brand new Honda Edix 2004 2.0 model and me and my family are really having some good time with it.

Btw, I am a Malaysian and the car is located here too. It's very very very rare to find one running round over here, but it's a real joy to ride.

I hope I can be welcomed over here. Actually I plan to drive my car into Singapore, hopefuly i can get to meet up with some of you soon

Cheers,
Siva
2004 Brand new meaning the car is stuck with the importer for 5 years? Is it brand new or recond? Heard IMPUL clearing many cars as they have closed down, did you happened to be one of the lucky owners to grab a good deal?
I feel the tyres if 5 years old better change even when its brand new. All engine oil, ATF, brake fluid be renewed also. I am sure you will be welcomes. Which part of Malaysia are you from?

zeee
2000rpm
2000rpm

Post by zeee » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:55 pm

if i am not mistaken, in malaysia, honda edix is sold as wald edix.

zeee
2000rpm
2000rpm

Post by zeee » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:00 pm

sivaworld wrote:Hi everyone,

A brief intro .

Cheers,
Siva

here's another singapore forum about edix: http://www.youforum.cc/edixsg/index.php