Unanswered topics Active topics

The Edixians

sohzai
1000rpm
1000rpm

Post by sohzai » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:14 am

hey all EDIXians, since our club forum is down, lets gather here.
me start the ball roll first.
Please fill in as: nick/CC/colour/location

1. Monstar3/Edix1.7/Blue/East
2. EG6stanley/Black/West
3. newage/blue/west
4. thundercracker / vivid blue / eastside!!
5. TheRock610 / light blue / West 93894886 - Office opp AMK
autopoint, give me a buzz when u r there... :D
6. sohzai/ black/ South-west

I add on to the 2 month old list.

Any chance to meet up and learn more about our ride? But i having my exams in May though....

TheRock610
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by TheRock610 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:57 pm

gaz wrote:
sohzai wrote:yah...looks like it...

Me still new to the car, wish to learn more about it...as i bought it second hand, not even sure if any part has been changed before.

haha... i also bought mine second hand.... now must send for servicing...
ssme same :D

EG6stanley
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!

Post by EG6stanley » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:42 pm

gaz wrote:
who else is around in this forum other than us? seems like things are rather quiet here....[/quote wrote:
hi it seems like very few edix owners actually use the forum....
Lets Organise MEETUP..... :D :D :D
ST@NLEY(Choa Chu Kang)

sohzai
1000rpm
1000rpm

Post by sohzai » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:54 pm

I don't mind~ hehe... :D

Any day after 22 May is fine for me..

EG6stanley
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!

Post by EG6stanley » Fri May 01, 2009 2:10 pm

sohzai wrote:I don't mind~ hehe... :D

Any day after 22 May is fine for me..
Meaning to say now till 22 May u cun meetup ar?
ST@NLEY(Choa Chu Kang)

sohzai
1000rpm
1000rpm

Post by sohzai » Fri May 01, 2009 10:56 pm

Er...highly likely...haha...can't lahz..too many papers to prepare...if you all have before that, of course proceed first lahz...

EG6stanley
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!

Post by EG6stanley » Sun May 03, 2009 3:51 pm

sohzai wrote:Er...highly likely...haha...can't lahz..too many papers to prepare...if you all have before that, of course proceed first lahz...
OIC... I see how lor.
ST@NLEY(Choa Chu Kang)

MCDS
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator

Post by MCDS » Mon May 04, 2009 9:11 am

Actually Edix has a large group ownership and even had its own website once... I was there ... :)

But as most Edix owners are family man - and no more the cheongster of EG/EK etc... not much time to actually have a large group regular meetup.

At last, even the Edix forum moderator got tired and just closed the site.

We want to revive this, we can do it - but shud ride on the monthly SHC meetup as the official meetup and not try to 'strike out' on our own becos the membership here is not very large, and many many won't be able to make it due to family commitments or other reasons.

I still have a few contacts with the old Edix owners' group, maybe can organise a meet for the June or July SHC meetup... (this month I am out of town haha)

The Edix group can be split into two - those with the D17 engine (1.7 litre) and those with the K20 engine. As these two engines are worlds apart, performance also differs greatly

all said, it must be emphasized again (and never enough) that the Edix is a TRUCK. It cannot perform like an EG, or EK, or ES, or FD, or CL.

so forget about top speed, cornering speed, mod-rod performance etc.

This FR-V is about comfort, space, ICE, and TOURING - into Malaysia, even Thailand... as a family. Petrol heads should have two cars... one for sports, the other this FR-V for sedate yet comfortable driving.

of course, this is a Honda. Driving it and overtaking on normal roads, etc is still fun... but do realise what it is... it can NEVER perform like the sedans...

Freedom isn't Free, it costs people like you and me... Freedom costs a buck 'o five....

EG6stanley
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!

Post by EG6stanley » Wed May 06, 2009 9:52 am

MCDS wrote:Actually Edix has a large group ownership and even had its own website once... I was there ... :)

But as most Edix owners are family man - and no more the cheongster of EG/EK etc... not much time to actually have a large group regular meetup.

We want to revive this, we can do it - but shud ride on the monthly SHC meetup as the official meetup and not try to 'strike out' on our own becos the membership here is not very large, and many many won't be able to make it due to family commitments or other reasons.

I still have a few contacts with the old Edix owners' group, maybe can organise a meet for the June or July SHC meetup... (this month I am out of town haha)

The Edix group can be split into two - those with the D17 engine (1.7 litre) and those with the K20 engine. As these two engines are worlds apart, performance also differs greatly

all said, it must be emphasized again (and never enough) that the Edix is a TRUCK. It cannot perform like an EG, or EK, or ES, or FD, or CL.

This FR-V is about comfort, space, ICE, and TOURING - into Malaysia, even Thailand... as a family. Petrol heads should have two cars... one for sports, the other this FR-V for sedate yet comfortable driving.

of course, this is a Honda. Driving it and overtaking on normal roads, etc is still fun... but do realise what it is... it can NEVER perform like the sedans...
Totally agree with the last few sentences...
ST@NLEY(Choa Chu Kang)

gerries
3000rpm
3000rpm

Post by gerries » Thu May 21, 2009 5:40 pm

Hi,

count me in, I am driving a Black 1.7 Edix, leaving in the East, I was quite active in the edixsg forum.

Hey bro, any of you did modification to improve the bumpyness of ride?

I am a Professional Photographer too hee! www.GerriesPhotography.com, will get free shots when we meet!!

Regards,
Bernard

MCDS wrote:Actually Edix has a large group ownership and even had its own website once... I was there ... :)

njoy8888

Hi All

Post by njoy8888 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:38 am

Hi,

I am new to the Edix club having just got my ride 2mths ago.. its great to be able to see post from similar minded supporters of Edix .. who help provide much knowledge.. etc.. So am all for more Edix representation in SHC forum..

I am now looking for a good enough PI workshop that sort of knows better at servicing Edix.. any suggestions ?

Nic

sohzai
1000rpm
1000rpm

Post by sohzai » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:55 am

Me bought 2nd hand and go back to my usual workshop, not sure which PI workshop does edix.

Anyway, anyone still know if we can find tonneau cover for our edix? If can't, i thought of DIY-ing. Seems quite possible...

TheRock610
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by TheRock610 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:42 pm

sohzai wrote:Me bought 2nd hand and go back to my usual workshop, not sure which PI workshop does edix.

Anyway, anyone still know if we can find tonneau cover for our edix? If can't, i thought of DIY-ing. Seems quite possible...
You can try Car Beauty Centre or Thian Seng Motors...

sohzai
1000rpm
1000rpm

Post by sohzai » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:52 pm

Thanks!

Six
3000rpm
3000rpm

Post by Six » Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:04 am

Hi there all,

1. Monstar3/Edix1.7/Blue/East
2. EG6stanley/Black/West
3. newage/blue/west
4. thundercracker / vivid blue / eastside!!
5. TheRock610 / light blue / West 93894886 - Office opp AMK
autopoint, give me a buzz when u r there...
6. sohzai/ black/ South-west
7. Six/Black 2L/Southwest/Free Real estate advise :lol: :lol: :lol:

Let me know if there is any meet up soon.Collecting my ride next week. :lol: :lol: :lol: