Unanswered topics Active topics

06 TSX main windshield wiper misses a section in the return stroke or replace wiper assembly?

Need technical advice ?
mehmat

06 TSX main windshield wiper misses a section in the return stroke or replace wiper assembly?

Post by mehmat » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:50 pm

I’ve tried both of these wipers: New OEM wipers ordered through Honda, and Rain X wipers. Both of them do the same thing. On the return stroke of the main (driver’s side) wiper, it misses a section of the window directly below the center of the wiper, right in the middle of the window cali777. It’s perfect on the up stroke, it’s only on the return that it misses. I thought it might be the wiper being deformed so I took the OEM Honda wipers off and installed some Rain X wipers, waxed my windshield, and I’ve even used Rain X spray, nothing works.

It wouldn’t be a big deal except it’s near the center of vision out of the window, and in the winter it leaves a mess where it misses.

Is this an issue with the wiper assembly itself (not tight enough, something with the springs, etc.) or the wipers? I’ve thought of trying some Bosch wipers next, but that’s just more money. What do you think?