Unanswered topics Active topics

Maintenance for Honda Vezel

Honda's Urban SUV Concept
Seasurfer

Maintenance for Honda Vezel

Post by Seasurfer » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:17 am

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and was wondering if anyone could help me with my current situation. I recently went to service my Honda Vezel at MBM Wheelpower and was told that it's a Major Maintenance since I've hit 57 000 on my mileage. The service advisor then continued to unpack the parts which needs replacing, specifically mentioning that the spark plugs are expensive (claims they are more expensive than that of BMW and other luxury cars).

Attached is my invoice from the servicing where you can see the parts that were replaced and the services rendered.
Major Maintenance Screenshot.png
Major Maintenance Screenshot.png (174.25 KiB) Viewed 23184 times
Was just wondering how much a major maintenance of the Honda Vezel would typically cost and whether I have been overcharged for the parts/ services rendered.

Any advice for future maintenance would also be much appreciated!

orangehonda
2000rpm
2000rpm

Re: Maintenance for Honda Vezel

Post by orangehonda » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:09 pm

Workshop have labour, equipment, tools and rental to cover and need profit for the owner.
Hence to justify overcharge (or not) depends on individual based on the quality of work and trustworthiness of the shop.

Just for parts only...Taking prices from fitinpart.sg as a reference based on Vezel

IDEMITSU Oil 5w-30 4L @ $46.00
Oil Filter @ $5.00
Air Filter @ $17.00
Denso Spark Plug Iridium Tough (4pcs) @ $22.40
Cabin Filter @ $14.00
Brake Fluid 1.5L @ $24.00
Honda Type 2 Coolant (Lazada) @ about $38.00
Fuel Filter Honda original about $90 on Carousell

Subtotal exclude labour and disposal of oil wastes ......................... $256.40

Of course there are the non tangibles like experience of personnel during troubleshooting which cannot be priced like commodity.

Some owners actually purchase the parts and bring to workshops to fix after agreement on labour.
Most workshop would then push the liability of malfunction thereafter to the owner because parts not supplied by them if any problem occurs.

Hence there are two sides of the coin to this when it comes to servicing.
Most DIYers would do what they can and leave the more complicated job to workshops.

Simple DIY
Engine oil Change *need to dispose oil properly (usually send to car workshop)
Transmission oil change *need to dispose oil properly (usually send to car workshop)
Filter change (Buy an oil filter wrench)
Spark plug change (Just buy the spare plug socket)
Cabin filter change
Air filter change

Slightly more complicated, bring to workshop.
Coolant change
Brake fluid flush

Try to source for a reliable workshop meanwhile and stick to them if you like their service and charges.

orangehonda
2000rpm
2000rpm

Post by orangehonda » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:26 pm

How about the transmission fluid change.
Is this part of the major servicing in your owners manual?

Seasurfer

Post by Seasurfer » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:31 pm

Thanks orangehonda for the very clear reply (with the estimated prices for each part)!

Looking at the parts and the prices you mentioned, does that mean that I'm severely overcharged for the spark plugs? I was charged $50 a piece for the spark plug when the spark plugs were going for $22.40 for 4 pieces.

I'm actually unsure whether the transmission fluid change is part of the major servicing required for the car. :?
How could I go about checking that out?

orangehonda
2000rpm
2000rpm

Post by orangehonda » Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:38 pm

I can only get the Malaysia HRV one for comparison.

The transmission fluid change is very far away at 160,000 km

Normally we would not stretch so far away and want to take car of the transmission a bit by changing fluid every year.

Do your own research on the interval.

You can check the link below to view the official Honda Malaysia servicing schedule.

https://www.honda.com.my/service_mainte ... intenance

Sometimes we pay to learn lessons from the workshops, especially new car owners.
Part and parcel of car ownership experience.

orangehonda
2000rpm
2000rpm

Post by orangehonda » Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:58 pm

I may be mistaken by the photo which shows 4 pcs in the listing for the spark plug. Best check with fitinpart.sg if price is for 4 pc or each. Sorry...
Seasurfer wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:31 pm
Thanks orangehonda for the very clear reply (with the estimated prices for each part)!

Looking at the parts and the prices you mentioned, does that mean that I'm severely overcharged for the spark plugs? I was charged $50 a piece for the spark plug when the spark plugs were going for $22.40 for 4 pieces.

I'm actually unsure whether the transmission fluid change is part of the major servicing required for the car. :?
How could I go about checking that out?

deanlim
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by deanlim » Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:21 pm

u can try this link on the KAH Motor Web to look @ their maintenance package & charges:
https://www.honda.com.sg/service-packages-information

Arsalan

Post by Arsalan » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:55 pm

I own honda vezel hybrid and facing this error. What could be the reason. Got it checked from Honda Pakistan but they don't know the reason for this error. It says release parking brake but the brake is not engaged.
Attachments
Screenshot_2020-03-03-19-34-33~2.png
Any solution to this error
Screenshot_2020-03-03-19-34-33~2.png (533.33 KiB) Viewed 21106 times

tincan

Post by tincan » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:54 pm

Hi arsalan, is the "P" message still showing?

If you're able to still drive normally, maybe you can try doing a 'reset' to ECU by disconnecting car battery negative terminal. Wait for 5mins and connect it back. But this will also reset your preset radio settings to default.

BTW, i'm driving vezel hybrid as well. try to learn and share here.

For TS, i would think $700 for a car service is too much. almost can cover yearly car insurance. Like what our bros mentioned, you can get these spares at much lower price. Yes, workshop has to pay for rental and man but to me is too much.

Why i say that is because i do my own car servicing, with my limited knowledge/skills.