Unanswered topics Active topics

Honda Stream RSZ Stock Suspension vs Coilover

omer

Honda Stream RSZ Stock Suspension vs Coilover

Post by omer » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:19 pm

Hi Everyone, I was looking online but couldn't find much information/comparison regarding this.

I am looking to change my current shocks. I was wondering if someone can provide some insights as to which would be better for daily driving. At the moment considering the original RSZ shocks which are just $760 vs Tein Flex Z coilovers which including installation + alignment will cost around $1800.

My requirements are kinda straightforward. As this is a family car, looking for something comfortable with adequate to good performance around corners and preferably with enough dampening that the car doesn't bounce all over after going over humps. Lowering the car is not a priority, but i have heard about FC getting better so that would be a bonus with coilovers.

I am unable to make an assessment as i bought the car used hence no experience with a new stock setup. At the moment, my car doesn't feel very stable around corners and bounces all over the place when going through humps. As such advice from experience would be much appreciated as the price difference here is quite big.