Unanswered topics Active topics

EK door rubber seals and boot seals

Civic model year 1980 - 2000
MCDS
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator

EK door rubber seals and boot seals

Post by MCDS » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:19 pm

Heavy rain recently... headlight fog up - this one easy to solve. dry, put silicon. done.

Doors... rain is seeping in when driving... Need new rubber seals for all doors and boot (may as well), plus sun roof (thank goodness no leak there yet)

Need help bros - need the part numbers of these rubber seals - 4 door sedan... so it is full set plus boot, and sunroof...

Can anybody help? who has service manual on soft copy can share also? can PM if not good to share in open forum...

thanks in advance to all brothers who can help

Model: EK4 VTI (sedan)
Year of Manufacture (1997)
with sunroof

EK Type-R
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by EK Type-R » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:38 am

Hi bro, your car is EK4 SiR not VTi.. :wink:

Btw all the door & boot seals can be purchased from Min Ghee or Tanly.. you just need to tell them what you want and they'll know what are the part nos. for your car..

The sunroof has no replacement rubber seal.. the only way is to change to a brand-new piece of glass panel which comes integrated with the rubber seal..
btw the sunroof is not meant to be water tight.. so when it leaks it is not due to the rubber seal but the internal (front or rear) drain pipe is choked..
just need to pump compressed air into the drain tubes to clear the chokage..

MCDS
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator

Re: EK door rubber seals and boot seals

Post by MCDS » Wed May 13, 2015 11:05 am

bro EK Type-R

I stand corrected :)

btw a friend bought for me the 5 seals - 4 doors and 1 boot ... from BKK.... definitely worth it to buy there... fits well... no more door leaks....

Freedom isn't Free, it costs people like you and me... Freedom costs a buck 'o five....