FIT/Jazz GD1 - Any modding potential?

Fit / Jazz model year 2002 - 2007
cheeselump
1000rpm
1000rpm

FIT/Jazz GD1 - Any modding potential?

Post by cheeselump » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:16 pm

Hey guys

I recently took over a Honda Jazz GD1 and it's performance is really quite painful sometimes..

Recently i just installed a Simota Air Intake, Tanabe Exhaust and installed a powercharger.

I seem to get a bit more low end torque, but travelling past 130kmph seems to be challenging for the car.

I did 160 on stock before, thats like flooring the car already up and down the bumpy CTE.

--

Questions:

1. Should my car be tuned after doing intake and exhaust to achieve more horses?

2. Realistically speaking, how much more can I do to achieve a better pickup on this Jazz 1.3A? (Is 0-100 in 10 secs even possible?)

3. Installing a turbo will probably kill my gearbox and other stuff so i don't think it's a good idea, right?

4. Is there any reliable workshop in JB that i can bring this Jazz to?

Finally, I don't think I wanna spend much more on this car as it may be more economical for me to save up to change to another car eventually. (anything within a few hundred that can help me get more power will be attractive though).

Fuel economy on this car is very attractive, I seem to get between 12-15km/l depending on my driving. If I don't go to 20T or 40T i should achieve probably 14km/l on average. That's fine for this car right?

Is there an active GD club still in existence in SG today?

--
Thanks guys!

desmonddevil
4000rpm
4000rpm

Re: FIT/Jazz GD1 - Any modding potential?

Post by desmonddevil » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:32 pm

cheeselump wrote:Hey guys

I recently took over a Honda Jazz GD1 and it's performance is really quite painful sometimes..

Recently i just installed a Simota Air Intake, Tanabe Exhaust and installed a powercharger.

I seem to get a bit more low end torque, but travelling past 130kmph seems to be challenging for the car.

I did 160 on stock before, thats like flooring the car already up and down the bumpy CTE.

--

Questions:

1. Should my car be tuned after doing intake and exhaust to achieve more horses?

2. Realistically speaking, how much more can I do to achieve a better pickup on this Jazz 1.3A? (Is 0-100 in 10 secs even possible?)

3. Installing a turbo will probably kill my gearbox and other stuff so i don't think it's a good idea, right?

4. Is there any reliable workshop in JB that i can bring this Jazz to?

Finally, I don't think I wanna spend much more on this car as it may be more economical for me to save up to change to another car eventually. (anything within a few hundred that can help me get more power will be attractive though).

Fuel economy on this car is very attractive, I seem to get between 12-15km/l depending on my driving. If I don't go to 20T or 40T i should achieve probably 14km/l on average. That's fine for this car right?

Is there an active GD club still in existence in SG today?

--
Thanks guys!

go and tuned with a unichip that will be good enough since u don wanna spend so much , it can also tuned to fuel save. if its a auto go and get a throttle control but of cos ur fuel will get more comsumption