Whistling sound in Cabin and Rear Blind down when reverse mo

Honda's latest 8th generation Accord
sniperj
1000rpm
1000rpm

Whistling sound in Cabin and Rear Blind down when reverse mo

Post by sniperj » Mon May 05, 2014 7:00 am

Hi guys, I owned at 08 G8 Accord 2.4L
Currently I hv this irritating sound when driving slowing esp in our multi stores car park I can hear this whistle sound from the engine compartment.
Anyone has this problem and how to solve this?
It's not from the speaker cos I off it

Another issue is the rear blind auto comes down when in R mode...anyway to keep it there unless I press the button.
I know the designer intention but it's still very clear view when up
Thks

acechew
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by acechew » Tue May 06, 2014 4:26 pm

is it a whistling sound or whining sound?
If it a whining sound and it is louder as your accelerate then your power steering pump is going soon. Ask your mechanics to check the high pressure hose, power steering fluid reservoir and the pump itself. very common problem with Honda cars, had it with my ody and CP2. for whistling sound, then I guess some air hoses is running a leak.
biggest mod of my life arrived ON 07 Dec 07

hsk_hsk
5000rpm
5000rpm

Post by hsk_hsk » Tue May 06, 2014 7:08 pm

Likely is Power steering pump. Common Accord problem.

sniperj
1000rpm
1000rpm

Post by sniperj » Sun May 11, 2014 11:18 pm

Thks all for the input...hmmm...it's only whinning or whistling sound when low rpm..if drive off the sound cnt be heard unless slow down....
One more problem when reverse steering wheel seems to vibrate when move..
Seems like a lot of problem
Will send it back to KM to check based on your input
Thks all

sniperj
1000rpm
1000rpm

Post by sniperj » Sun May 11, 2014 11:29 pm

O one more issue, anyone install the pivot e throttle?
I hv one from my old ride honda stream not sure to install it or sell off
Anyone install ?

acechew
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by acechew » Mon May 12, 2014 3:02 pm

sniperj wrote:Thks all for the input...hmmm...it's only whinning or whistling sound when low rpm..if drive off the sound cnt be heard unless slow down....
Thks all
Bro, ur is a 08 accord, no need to go back to KM, most likely they will advice to clean the power steering reservoir. the problem will go away for a while and the whining will start again, then they ask you to change the high pressure hose, then finally they will ask you to change the power steering pump. by then the repair bill will be over S$1k plus. there is a repair kit for the pump in the market that cost less than S$300. so imho, go for the repair kit.

sniperj
1000rpm
1000rpm

Post by sniperj » Tue May 13, 2014 5:23 pm

acechew wrote:
sniperj wrote:Thks all for the input...hmmm...it's only whinning or whistling sound when low rpm..if drive off the sound cnt be heard unless slow down....
Thks all
Bro, ur is a 08 accord, no need to go back to KM, most likely they will advice to clean the power steering reservoir. the problem will go away for a while and the whining will start again, then they ask you to change the high pressure hose, then finally they will ask you to change the power steering pump. by then the repair bill will be over S$1k plus. there is a repair kit for the pump in the market that cost less than S$300. so imho, go for the repair kit.
Thks bro for the valuable input...seems like u went tru the process like play out by them..merry go round end up paying more...sigh shld be a luxury higher end of honda sound like a poor design car...
Thks again so I dun need to go tru this process

acechew
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by acechew » Wed May 14, 2014 5:34 pm

sniperj wrote:
acechew wrote:
Thks all
Thks bro for the valuable input...seems like u went tru the process like play out by them..merry go round end up paying more...sigh shld be a luxury higher end of honda sound like a poor design car...
that' what forums are for -sharing information.
I have been through twice, 1st was my ody and then 1st CP2 (am driving another CP2 now) basically a good car, take good of it and it should not give too much problem.

sniperj
1000rpm
1000rpm

Post by sniperj » Sun May 18, 2014 7:39 am

acechew wrote:
sniperj wrote:
acechew wrote: Bro, ur is a 08 accord, no need to go back to KM, most likely they will advice to clean the power steering reservoir. the problem will go away for a while and the whining will start again, then they ask you to change the high pressure hose, then finally they will ask you to change the power steering pump. by then the repair bill will be over S$1k plus. there is a repair kit for the pump in the market that cost less than S$300. so imho, go for the repair kit.
I have been through twice, 1st was my ody and then 1st CP2 (am driving another CP2 now) basically a good car, take good of it and it should not give too much problem.
Roger that, thks bro!

sniperj
1000rpm
1000rpm

Post by sniperj » Sun May 18, 2014 7:49 am

By the way is my model consider CP2?
:D

acechew
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by acechew » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:54 pm

sniperj wrote:By the way is my model consider CP2?
:D
2 litres = CP1
2.4 litres = CP2
3.5 litres = CP3

sniperj
1000rpm
1000rpm

Post by sniperj » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:54 pm

sniperj wrote:
acechew wrote:
sniperj wrote: Thks bro for the valuable input...seems like u went tru the process like play out by them..merry go round end up paying more...sigh shld be a luxury higher end of honda sound like a poor design car...
Roger that, thks bro!
Dam went to KM to service plus check the winding sound...service $289... Replace the reservoir foc but sound still there...text the service advisor problem still there...most likely the steering wheel pump but think KM trying to save the cost...still got 5mths warranty..told him will be back next serv hope they will solve my problem....dam...no time to go back so hv to wait f the next service

theone8282
Idling
Idling

Post by theone8282 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:18 pm

I replaced the seals in the power steering pump and the sound gone...

acechew
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by acechew » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:15 pm

sniperj wrote:
sniperj wrote:
acechew wrote: that' what forums are for -sharing information.
Roger that, thks bro!
Dam went to KM to service plus check the winding sound...service $289... Replace the reservoir foc but sound still there...text the service advisor problem still there...most likely the steering wheel pump but think KM trying to save the cost...still got 5mths warranty..told him will be back next serv hope they will solve my problem....dam...no time to go back so hv to wait f the next service
Bro, I told you already, dun go back to KM for this whining sound problem. you will end up change the whole power steering system. there is a repair kit on the market which is like S$200 to S$300 dollars. like the other bro mentioned, change seal and the sound is gone.