Unanswered topics Active topics

Car jerk when idling at traffic light in D gear

The second home of www.cityzen.sg
Post Reply
poseidonlee
1000rpm
1000rpm
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:29 pm

Car jerk when idling at traffic light in D gear

Post by poseidonlee » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:34 pm

Good day All,

Seems like quite a few has similar issues but I can't seems to narrow in on any solutions.

My 2006 IDSI Honda city is suffering from this intermittent "Jerk" when I stop at Red lights. It usually happens after hearing the air-con cut in. There is always this vibration when aircon cut in but recently there is this "jerk" and "chrom" sound. RMP will jump from 800 to 1000 when this jerk happen.

1) Car just serviced recently, spark plugs etc just replaced. (before this it was already happening, tho less frequent)

2) I tried cleaning my TB as well.

Another thing, this seems to happen usually in the morning when the car has rested the whole night. Throughout the day, it does gets better and less frequent.

Even at "P", I can feel there is a slight "shiver" that is on top of the usual slight vibration.

Anyone help is greatly appreciated since the COE is still very very high ... haha!

Thanks!!!

poseidonlee
1000rpm
1000rpm
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:29 pm

Re: Car jerk when idling at traffic light in D gear

Post by poseidonlee » Sun May 18, 2014 5:56 pm

After being lead round and round by workshops ... finally solved the problem with 2 friends! Back to smooth ride!

Phew!

mrnicecookie
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:58 pm

Post by mrnicecookie » Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:53 pm

BRo, i have also the same issue... how to solve ah?

itsec
5000rpm
5000rpm
Posts: 270
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:10 am

Post by itsec » Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:58 am

mrnicecookie wrote:BRo, i have also the same issue... how to solve ah?
switch to N is alterative

itsec
5000rpm
5000rpm
Posts: 270
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:10 am

Re: Car jerk when idling at traffic light in D gear

Post by itsec » Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:58 am

poseidonlee wrote:After being lead round and round by workshops ... finally solved the problem with 2 friends! Back to smooth ride!

Phew!
u change idling valve?

kandinsky
Idling
Idling
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:35 am

Re: Car jerk when idling at traffic light in D gear

Post by kandinsky » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:02 am

I have a solution....change car!
poseidonlee wrote:Good day All,

Seems like quite a few has similar issues but I can't seems to narrow in on any solutions.

My 2006 IDSI Honda city is suffering from this intermittent "Jerk" when I stop at Red lights. It usually happens after hearing the air-con cut in. There is always this vibration when aircon cut in but recently there is this "jerk" and "chrom" sound. RMP will jump from 800 to 1000 when this jerk happen.

1) Car just serviced recently, spark plugs etc just replaced. (before this it was already happening, tho less frequent)

2) I tried cleaning my TB as well.

Another thing, this seems to happen usually in the morning when the car has rested the whole night. Throughout the day, it does gets better and less frequent.

Even at "P", I can feel there is a slight "shiver" that is on top of the usual slight vibration.

Anyone help is greatly appreciated since the COE is still very very high ... haha!

Thanks!!!

Post Reply