Unanswered topics Active topics

Gen-5 Odyssey, DBA-RC1

The All New 2014 5th generation Odyssey
BorisRS
Idling
Idling

Re: Gen-5 Odyssey, DBA-RC1

Post by BorisRS » Wed May 06, 2015 9:50 pm

I tried to join dropbox to enable the posting of pictures but it doesn't seem to work. So I give up!

junning
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Re: JDM RC1 Absolute

Post by junning » Wed May 06, 2015 11:57 pm

Hi BorisRS,

Create an account with http://photobucket.com/

Upload your photos, then right click on image to get the http link.
Then insert the link between [img]and[/img].

BorisRS
Idling
Idling

Post by BorisRS » Thu May 07, 2015 8:38 am

I cant seem to do it. nevermind!

Have decided to change tires to Bridgestone GR100. Will update on how they perform

junning
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

3mths+ old RC1

Post by junning » Mon May 11, 2015 9:24 am

Hi all,

Check out this 3mths+ old RC1
ImageImageImage
http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info ... 14&DL=1000

Chaser
5000rpm
5000rpm

Post by Chaser » Thu May 14, 2015 9:35 am

Anyone knows where is the best to purchase the Mugen Visor for the RC?

Or if there is a kind soul willing to do a group purchase?

Klim milk

Post by Klim milk » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:13 pm

hi guys, I just got the new Odyssey !
Anyone knows where to buy the interior panels or to wrap them up with carbon fibre look or something ?
Don't quite like the "wooden"panel look that comes with KM .
thanks in advance !

annapurna
3000rpm
3000rpm

Post by annapurna » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:35 am

BorisRS wrote:Thanks Junning for the welcome.

Others in this post was asking about sound insulation and stereo upgrades. I have done both for the absolute and am happy with the results.

Both done at the same time at Soundwerkz at Sin Ming Autocare. Did soundproofing for wheel arches, front half of floorboard up to second row and all four doors.
Sound system was an upgrade of the dealer freebie Pioneer AVH-X2750BT with a 6.2 inch screen to a Kenwood DNN 9350BT with a 7 inch display. Also fitted a pair of Focal PS165FX 2 way components for the front and coaxial Focal PC 165 at the rear, powered by a Mosconi Gladen AS 100.4 Class AB amp. Key consideration for speakers was efficiency (didnt want anything more than a single 4 channel amp) and using the existing speaker enclosures.

Sound is now pretty powerful and rich (If I am being picky I would prefer it cleaner). Big improvement over the stock speakers but still nowhere near those dedicated $10k plus setups but am very happy with the setup (considering how much was spent) and with Soundwerkz who really needed to take the car apart to fit all the soundproofing as well as the stereo. They even had to remove all the sliding door motors to get the soundproofing done in the sliding doors.

For the headunit, we choose the Kenwood unit over the Pioneer for 2 key reasons.

1. Kenwood comes with Garmin build in. More expensive but we much prefer the Garmin navi system versus the local one that comes with the Pioneers in Singapore (same as those installed in C&Cs Merc cars)

2. The Kenwood monitor can tilt which helps (marginally but better than nothing) with the problem of seeing the display in bright sunlight. We find the angle of the dash where the stereo is located is a little too tilted and unsheltered (because it is nearly flush with the dash) so that in bright sunlight, the screen become very hard to see.

Anyway, hope that info helps other RC1 owners
Hi Boris,

Does your Absolute EX comes with Honda Sensing? I just received the EX early this week but all the instructions on the display and manual is in Japanese. I have difficulties trying to understand how to use the Honda Sensing (CMBS, LKAS, ACC) and other features. Btw, does the Kenwood head unit works with the reverse camera? Thank you.

hsb0088
1000rpm
1000rpm

Post by hsb0088 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:28 am

Others in this post was asking about sound insulation and stereo upgrades. I have done both for the absolute and am happy with the results.

Both done at the same time at Soundwerkz at Sin Ming Autocare. Did soundproofing for wheel arches, front half of floorboard up to second row and all four doors.
Sound system was an upgrade of the dealer freebie Pioneer AVH-X2750BT with a 6.2 inch screen to a Kenwood DNN 9350BT with a 7 inch display. Also fitted a pair of Focal PS165FX 2 way components for the front and coaxial Focal PC 165 at the rear, powered by a Mosconi Gladen AS 100.4 Class AB amp. Key consideration for speakers was efficiency (didnt want anything more than a single 4 channel amp) and using the existing speaker enclosures.

Sound is now pretty powerful and rich (If I am being picky I would prefer it cleaner). Big improvement over the stock speakers but still nowhere near those dedicated $10k plus setups but am very happy with the setup (considering how much was spent) and with Soundwerkz who really needed to take the car apart to fit all the soundproofing as well as the stereo. They even had to remove all the sliding door motors to get the soundproofing done in the sliding doors.

For the headunit, we choose the Kenwood unit over the Pioneer for 2 key reasons.

1. Kenwood comes with Garmin build in. More expensive but we much prefer the Garmin navi system versus the local one that comes with the Pioneers in Singapore (same as those installed in C&Cs Merc cars)

2. The Kenwood monitor can tilt which helps (marginally but better than nothing) with the problem of seeing the display in bright sunlight. We find the angle of the dash where the stereo is located is a little too tilted and unsheltered (because it is nearly flush with the dash) so that in bright sunlight, the screen become very hard to see.

Hi,

Like to find out more about the Kenwood 9350BT. From Kenwood Singapore website, I can only see 9150BT. Do you know what are the differences between the 9350 and 9150?

Thanks

Chaser
5000rpm
5000rpm

Post by Chaser » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:29 am

annapurna wrote:

Hi Boris,

Does your Absolute EX comes with Honda Sensing? I just received the EX early this week but all the instructions on the display and manual is in Japanese. I have difficulties trying to understand how to use the Honda Sensing (CMBS, LKAS, ACC) and other features. Btw, does the Kenwood head unit works with the reverse camera? Thank you.
Hi Annapurna,

Any luck with the Honda Sensing?

Anyone know if it is possible to change the Japanese to English?

hsb0088
1000rpm
1000rpm

Post by hsb0088 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:21 pm

Chaser wrote:
annapurna wrote:

Hi Boris,

Hi Annapurna,

Hi,

What do you want to know about the Honda Sensing? Don't think it can change to English.

The Kenwood head unit works with the reverse camera.

By the way, does your Ex come with DRL?

Chaser
5000rpm
5000rpm

Post by Chaser » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:45 pm

Hi Boris,

Does your Absolute EX comes with Honda Sensing? I just received the EX early this week but all the instructions on the display and manual is in Japanese. I have difficulties trying to understand how to use the Honda Sensing (CMBS, LKAS, ACC) and other features. Btw, does the Kenwood head unit works with the reverse camera? Thank you.[/quote]

Hi Annapurna,

Anyone know if it is possible to change the Japanese to English?[/quote]

Hi,

What do you want to know about the Honda Sensing? Don't think it can change to English.

By the way, does your Ex come with DRL?[/quote]

Hi Boris,

Is yours all in Japanese then? I am taking the 20th Anniversary Absolute but only getting it next week. Happened to see the display in Japanese, and that was really something i didnt think of when buying.

hsb0088
1000rpm
1000rpm

Post by hsb0088 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:25 pm

Chaser wrote:Hi Boris,

Hi Annapurna,

Hi,

Hi Boris,

Is yours all in Japanese then? I am taking the 20th Anniversary Absolute but only getting it next week. Happened to see the display in Japanese, and that was really something i didnt think of when buying.[/quota]

All JDMs are in Japanese.

annapurna
3000rpm
3000rpm

Post by annapurna » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:01 am

Chaser wrote:
annapurna wrote:

Hi Boris,

Hi Annapurna,

I am quite sure that the Honda Sensing features cannot be changed to English. However, reading the Instruction manual and using translation from my Android phone, I can roughly gauge how to use the feature. There are also videos available in Honda Japan website which shows you how it works.

annapurna
3000rpm
3000rpm

Post by annapurna » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:05 am

Hi Annapurna,

Hi,

Hi Boris,

Is yours all in Japanese then? I am taking the 20th Anniversary Absolute but only getting it next week. Happened to see the display in Japanese, and that was really something i didnt think of when buying.[/quote]

My Absolute EX does come with Daytime Running Light. As for Honda Sensing, not all Absolute models come with it.

http://www.honda.co.jp/ODYSSEY/webcatal ... ap#sensing

hsb0088
1000rpm
1000rpm

Post by hsb0088 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:53 am

annapurna wrote:

Hi Annapurna,

Hi,

Hi Boris,

Is yours all in Japanese then? I am taking the 20th Anniversary Absolute but only getting it next week. Happened to see the display in Japanese, and that was really something i didnt think of when buying.[/quote]

My Absolute EX does come with Daytime Running Light. As for Honda Sensing, not all Absolute models come with it.

http://www.honda.co.jp/ODYSSEY/webcatal ... ap#sensing[/quote]

Yours is the one that has turning lights when you turn your car right? Do you need to turn on the light or something?