Unanswered topics Active topics

Gen-5 Odyssey, DBA-RC1

The All New 2014 5th generation Odyssey
fat_slayer
5000rpm
5000rpm

Re:

Post by fat_slayer » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:34 am

All the connectors including the apple adaptor comes provided by KM irrespective of the navigation apps.[/quote]

Thanks, are we able to mirror our andriod hp screen on the screen with the hdmi cable?
innovate or evaporate
excel or exit

Hondafancy
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Re: Re:

Post by Hondafancy » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:48 pm

fat_slayer wrote:All the connectors including the apple adaptor comes provided by KM irrespective of the navigation apps.
Thanks, are we able to mirror our andriod hp screen on the screen with the hdmi cable?[/quote]

The HU only support IOS and iphone 5S onwards at the moment.

whoosh28
1000rpm
1000rpm

Post by whoosh28 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:54 am

Hondafancy wrote:
fat_slayer wrote:All the connectors including the apple adaptor comes provided by KM irrespective of the navigation apps.
Thanks, are we able to mirror our andriod hp screen on the screen with the hdmi cable?
The HU only support IOS and iphone 5S onwards at the moment.[/quote]

Tried using MHL cable with Samsung Note 4 and it works - mirroring the hp screen.
Anyone has any issue with charging using the USB port? I find it extremely slow in charging up my note4.

*BTW, no connectors including apple adaptor provided by KM. Double standard??? :(

fat_slayer
5000rpm
5000rpm

Post by fat_slayer » Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:32 pm

whoosh28 wrote:
Tried using MHL cable with Samsung Note 4 and it works - mirroring the hp screen.
Anyone has any issue with charging using the USB port? I find it extremely slow in charging up my note4.

*BTW, no connectors including apple adaptor provided by KM. Double standard??? :(
That is great news. May I know what is MHL cable and where do you get it from?
If it can work on Note4 should have no problem on S5 etc....

BTW, my Ody did not come with the Hondalink cable. SE said that it only comes with the navigation apps at $94+.
innovate or evaporate
excel or exit

fat_slayer
5000rpm
5000rpm

Post by fat_slayer » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:43 pm

whoosh28 wrote: Tried using MHL cable with Samsung Note 4 and it works - mirroring the hp screen.
Anyone has any issue with charging using the USB port? I find it extcharging up my note4.

Hi, could you advise how is the set up done for the mirroring? I went down to buy a MHL cable but just get the mirroring after the the connection. Am using the samsung s5. Thanks.
innovate or evaporate
excel or exit

whoosh28
1000rpm
1000rpm

Re: Gen-5 Odyssey, DBA-RC1

Post by whoosh28 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:06 pm

I actually test it out using a friend MHL cable.
Don't quite like it because if i uses google map for navigation, i can't listen to the radio. If I tuned in to radio, google map is muted.

As for setup, select HDMI after connection and it will mirror the screen.

I'm hoping Android Auto will be made available soon.

fat_slayer
5000rpm
5000rpm

Post by fat_slayer » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:01 pm

Yup, i did the same, select HDMI after connecting the cable. However, nothing was mirrored to the sceeen.
Any other setting on the phone? I tried on the samsung s5 and note 4.
innovate or evaporate
excel or exit

whoosh28
1000rpm
1000rpm

Post by whoosh28 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:18 am

fat_slayer wrote:Yup, i did the same, select HDMI after connecting the cable. However, nothing was mirrored to the sceeen.

Hmmm... Let me try again after CNY. Need to get the cable from friend again.
Will post again on the steps.

Happy New Year! HUAT AH!!!

UrbanJazz
3000rpm
3000rpm

Post by UrbanJazz » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:13 pm

May I Know Where To Purchase Mugen Bodykit For Gen-5 Odyssey?
Thanks!!

whoosh28
1000rpm
1000rpm

Post by whoosh28 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:26 pm

whoosh28 wrote:
fat_slayer wrote:Yup, i did the same, select HDMI after connecting the cable. However, nothing was mirrored to the sceeen.

Hmmm... Let me try again after CNY. Need to get the cable from friend again.
Will post again on the steps.

Happy New Year! HUAT AH!!!

Try connecting your phone after selecting HDMI on the car dashboard.
Hope it works for you.
Attachments
test.jpg
test.jpg (91.66 KiB) Viewed 8908 times

BorisRS
Idling
Idling

Post by BorisRS » Mon May 04, 2015 9:16 am

Hi All,

Brand new to the forum and registered because I just got a Black RC1 Odyssey Absolute EX car from Vincar. (like the white car pictured earlier in this thread).

As an EX Spec Absolute, it comes with the larger 18 inch factory rims with lower profile tires (225/45/18) and I find the ride in the second and third rows very bouncy and pretty harsh.
So am looking for advice on more comfort oriented tires. Can anyone recommend? I was told that the Michelin SuperSports have a nice soft sidewall and thus you get both great comfort but also good performance but hesitating slightly as they are pretty expensive!
The stock tires that came with the car are Yokohama BluEarth A34 in the abovementioned 225/45/18 size.
I do not intend to change the size of the tire. Just want to upgrade to something with a much more comfort bias.

Thanks in advance for your help!

PS: Would like to post a couple of photos, but when I click on 'Img', it only seems to give me a http option. Can someone pls tell me how to post a pic from my pc? Thanks!

BorisRS
Idling
Idling

Re: 'Used' Absolute-EX

Post by BorisRS » Mon May 04, 2015 9:29 am

ImageImageImage

This is the same car that I have but in Black, with these same rims which are 18 vs the regular 17 inch ones

junning
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Re: JDM RC1 Absolute

Post by junning » Tue May 05, 2015 5:05 pm

Hi BorisRS,

Nice to have the JDM Absolute model.

To post images, you need to save your image in some image sharing site.

Then you can post it using like this: Image

BorisRS
Idling
Idling

Post by BorisRS » Wed May 06, 2015 9:22 am

Thanks Junning for the welcome.

Others in this post was asking about sound insulation and stereo upgrades. I have done both for the absolute and am happy with the results.

Both done at the same time at Soundwerkz at Sin Ming Autocare. Did soundproofing for wheel arches, front half of floorboard up to second row and all four doors.
Sound system was an upgrade of the dealer freebie Pioneer AVH-X2750BT with a 6.2 inch screen to a Kenwood DNN 9350BT with a 7 inch display. Also fitted a pair of Focal PS165FX 2 way components for the front and coaxial Focal PC 165 at the rear, powered by a Mosconi Gladen AS 100.4 Class AB amp. Key consideration for speakers was efficiency (didnt want anything more than a single 4 channel amp) and using the existing speaker enclosures.

Sound is now pretty powerful and rich (If I am being picky I would prefer it cleaner). Big improvement over the stock speakers but still nowhere near those dedicated $10k plus setups but am very happy with the setup (considering how much was spent) and with Soundwerkz who really needed to take the car apart to fit all the soundproofing as well as the stereo. They even had to remove all the sliding door motors to get the soundproofing done in the sliding doors.

For the headunit, we choose the Kenwood unit over the Pioneer for 2 key reasons.

1. Kenwood comes with Garmin build in. More expensive but we much prefer the Garmin navi system versus the local one that comes with the Pioneers in Singapore (same as those installed in C&Cs Merc cars)

2. The Kenwood monitor can tilt which helps (marginally but better than nothing) with the problem of seeing the display in bright sunlight. We find the angle of the dash where the stereo is located is a little too tilted and unsheltered (because it is nearly flush with the dash) so that in bright sunlight, the screen become very hard to see.

Anyway, hope that info helps other RC1 owners

junning
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Re: JDM RC1 Absolute

Post by junning » Wed May 06, 2015 9:09 pm

Hi BorisRS,

Welcome. wow... we're waiting for your photo post!