annapurna
3000rpm
3000rpm

Re: Gen-5 Odyssey, DBA-RC1

Post by annapurna » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:09 pm

hsb0088 wrote:
annapurna wrote:
Chaser wrote:Hi Boris,

Does your Absolute EX comes with Honda Sensing? I just received the EX early this week but all the instructions on the display and manual is in Japanese. I have difficulties trying to understand how to use the Honda Sensing (CMBS, LKAS, ACC) and other features. Btw, does the Kenwood head unit works with the reverse camera? Thank you.
Hi Annapurna,

Any luck with the Honda Sensing?

Anyone know if it is possible to change the Japanese to English?
Hi,

What do you want to know about the Honda Sensing? Don't think it can change to English.

The Kenwood head unit works with the reverse camera.

By the way, does your Ex come with DRL?
Hi Boris,

Is yours all in Japanese then? I am taking the 20th Anniversary Absolute but only getting it next week. Happened to see the display in Japanese, and that was really something i didnt think of when buying.[/quote]

My Absolute EX does come with Daytime Running Light. As for Honda Sensing, not all Absolute models come with it.

http://www.honda.co.jp/ODYSSEY/webcatal ... ap#sensing[/quote]

Yours is the one that has turning lights when you turn your car right? Do you need to turn on the light or something?[/quote]

Yes, the main lights will turn in the direction of the car. Yes, you need to turn on the lights.

hsb0088
1000rpm
1000rpm

Post by hsb0088 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:56 pm

Hi Boris,

Is yours all in Japanese then? I am taking the 20th Anniversary Absolute but only getting it next week. Happened to see the display in Japanese, and that was really something i didnt think of when buying.[/quote]

My Absolute EX does come with Daytime Running Light. As for Honda Sensing, not all Absolute models come with it.

http://www.honda.co.jp/ODYSSEY/webcatal ... ap#sensing[/quote]

Yours is the one that has turning lights when you turn your car right? Do you need to turn on the light or something?[/quote]

Yes, the main lights will turn in the direction of the car. Yes, you need to turn on the lights.[/quote]

I meant whether you need to turn on the DRL somewhere?

Chaser
5000rpm
5000rpm

Post by Chaser » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:26 pm

Some of the other PI models can have the display meter switched to English.

I was hoping that you guys have had it switched to English. My PI has checked and has mentioned he will be able to switch the display cluster to English rather than Japanese, so am just checking if you had any luck with that.

hsb0088
1000rpm
1000rpm

Post by hsb0088 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:37 pm

Chaser wrote:Some of the other PI models can have the display meter switched to English.

I was hoping that you guys have had it switched to English. My PI has checked and has mentioned he will be able to switch the display cluster to English rather than Japanese, so am just checking if you had any luck with that.
Really? Since your PI said that he will be able to switch, can you tell how he did it?

Chaser
5000rpm
5000rpm

Post by Chaser » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:21 pm

hsb0088 wrote:
Chaser wrote:Some of the other PI models can have the display meter switched to English.

Really? Since your PI said that he will be able to switch, can you tell how he did it?
As you know, every thing they say should be taken with a pinch of salt, although i know that some of the other popular models seem to have that done. Will update you if it is done, let's see haha.

hsb0088
1000rpm
1000rpm

Post by hsb0088 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:50 pm

Chaser wrote:
hsb0088 wrote:

As you know, every thing they say should be taken with a pinch of salt, although i know that some of the other popular models seem to have that done. Will update you if it is done, let's see haha.
Yes, please post here when you know how it can be done.

What other models are you talking about? Vezels?

annapurna
3000rpm
3000rpm

Post by annapurna » Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:37 pm

hsb0088 wrote: I meant whether you need to turn on the DRL somewhere?
When the lights is turned to Auto, the DRL will be ON automatically. There is no way to switch the menu in English. As for Honda Sensing, the LKAS and ACC is very effective. The ACC can even be set when cruising to different distances from the front car. And the LKAS will vibrate the steering wheel and sound an alarm when the car gets out of lane without signalling. I will be trying out the various features.

hsb0088
1000rpm
1000rpm

Post by hsb0088 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:43 pm

annapurna wrote:
When the lights is turned to Auto, the DRL will be ON automatically. There is no way to switch the menu in English. As for Honda Sensing, the LKAS and ACC is very effective. The ACC can even be set when cruising to different distances from the front car. And the LKAS will vibrate the steering wheel and sound an alarm when the car gets out of lane without signalling. I will be trying out the various features.
Hi Annapurna,

Which head unit your Absolute EX comes with? Does it have the all round cameras?

annapurna
3000rpm
3000rpm

Post by annapurna » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:23 pm

hsb0088 wrote:
annapurna wrote:
Hi Annapurna,

Which head unit your Absolute EX comes with? Does it have the all round cameras?
The EX does not come with the head unit. I installed the Pioneer AVH X5750BT DVD player which works perfectly with the steering wheel control. All round camera and park assist is optional addon items and will add to the cost of the OMV. I did not include it.

hsb0088
1000rpm
1000rpm

Post by hsb0088 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:21 pm

annapurna wrote: I

The EX does not come with the head unit. I installed the Pioneer AVH X5750BT DVD player which works perfectly with the steering wheel control. All round camera and park assist is optional addon items and will add to the cost of the OMV. I did not include it.
Thanks for the information.

hsb0088
1000rpm
1000rpm

Post by hsb0088 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:22 pm

annapurna wrote:
Are the DRL - four lights or that one strip of white light?

annapurna
3000rpm
3000rpm

Post by annapurna » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:33 pm

hsb0088 wrote:
annapurna wrote:
Only one strip of white light.

hsb0088
1000rpm
1000rpm

Post by hsb0088 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:46 pm

annapurna wrote:
Are the DRL - four lights or that one strip of white light?[/quote]

Only one strip of white light.[/quote]

I see. Don't think that the DRL. It's the normal "small" light when you first turn on the light switch. It's not like the local odyssey.

annapurna
3000rpm
3000rpm

Post by annapurna » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:23 pm

hsb0088 wrote:
annapurna wrote:
Only one strip of white light.[/quote]

I see. Don't think that the DRL. It's the normal "small" light when you first turn on the light switch. It's not like the local odyssey.[/quote]

I think the DRL is the same for Absolute and the local Odyssey EXV version. There is a local Ody in my carpark and I will watch out for it to see whether there are any differences. Anyway, had my 1k servicing immediately after returning from a Johor trip last weekend. The car is so comfortable and relaxing to drive along the NS highway. Just set the LKAS and ACC and it will cruise all the way without much input from the driver except controlling the steering wheel.

hsb0088
1000rpm
1000rpm

Post by hsb0088 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:26 pm

annapurna wrote:
I think the DRL is the same for Absolute and the local Odyssey EXV version. There is a local Ody in my carpark and I will watch out for it to see whether there are any differences. Anyway, had my 1k servicing immediately after returning from a Johor trip last weekend. The car is so comfortable and relaxing to drive along the NS highway. Just set the LKAS and ACC and it will cruise all the way without much input from the driver except controlling the steering wheel.
Just watch out for it. It's supposed to be four bright leds just below the white stripe of light for the Absolute.

What is the cruise speed set at? 115?