Temp Guage

Civic model year 2000 -2005
tthiang
4000rpm
4000rpm

Temp Guage

Post by tthiang » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:47 am

Hi Bro,

Just checking if you'll experienced this on your ES5 before. Recently, I noticed my Engine temp guage going up and down during movement, normally it will stay just below the half way mark... Thank you for reading.

Regards,
Derek

MCDS
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator

Post by MCDS » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:10 pm

Nope - never happen on my 'stock' water gauge...

Lots of movement on my defi water gauge tho... water temp can fluctuate between 80-105 degrees especially during hot days in traffic jams...

Stock gauge move up and down... up to where?
down to where?

If up to the 10 o'clock position... your actual is probably 130 degrees C...

Freedom isn't Free, it costs people like you and me... Freedom costs a buck 'o five....

tthiang
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by tthiang » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:58 am

Hi Bro,

Up to just before half way mark and down to Zero... :(

MCDS
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator

Post by MCDS » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:47 pm

down to zero??? sensor spoil... haha...

time to plug an obd2 reader to read the water temp constantly... or fix a external water temp sensor and meter to look...

the taiwan one... Autogauge... not so expensive... can fit... if it goes from 60 degrees to 105 and down to 50 degrees and up and down that range, let us know...

usually, with aircon on, it should hover between 75-90 degrees... hot days can hit 100 during traffic jam... cool nights 75 when car is 'warmed up' i.e. driving more than 10 minutes from cold start.

Freedom isn't Free, it costs people like you and me... Freedom costs a buck 'o five....

tthiang
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by tthiang » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:02 am

MCDS wrote:down to zero??? sensor spoil... haha...

time to plug an obd2 reader to read the water temp constantly... or fix a external water temp sensor and meter to look...

the taiwan one... Autogauge... not so expensive... can fit... if it goes from 60 degrees to 105 and down to 50 degrees and up and down that range, let us know...

usually, with aircon on, it should hover between 75-90 degrees... hot days can hit 100 during traffic jam... cool nights 75 when car is 'warmed up' i.e. driving more than 10 minutes from cold start.
Bro, thanks for the advice. Can you advice me where to shop for the autogauge?

MCDS
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator

Post by MCDS » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:43 pm

In Sgp? Many places... Silent, Autobac, etc all sell and install... or you can find those speciality shops such as GT Auto (Ah Yuen) and many others... just buy a Hypertune magazine and you will see many shops in KL and other regions selling such gauges...

Offhand I can't tell you specific shops in Sgp other than GT Auto ... but not sure where he is now... maybe can ask other brothers here for help... he has moved from his Simon Road shop to Eunos? and now not sure where...