Unanswered topics Active topics

Shock absorbers

The second home of www.cityzen.sg
HappyCity
3000rpm
3000rpm

Shock absorbers

Post by HappyCity » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:52 pm

Just sent my city for tyres roatation @ Autobacs and they inform me that my front left shock absorber arm had worn out and it is causing uneven wear on my tyres. They quoted me $1700 for the whole set.
I have a few questions hope you all bros can advise me as I am new to this shock absorbers thing:
1) I do not know the brand they quote me, but is $1700 a resonable price?
2) changing the whole shock absorbers includes the suspension as well?
3) should I go back to Kah motor to let them verify this if this is true?

any bros can recommend me a good workshop to change it and not so expensive? $1700 is indeed costing my pocket a big hole.

Tks all in advance.

Narcosis
5000rpm
5000rpm

Post by Narcosis » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:54 am

Best to go back to KAH motors to get it verify if your car is still under warranty.

isvtec
4000rpm
4000rpm

Re: Shock absorbers

Post by isvtec » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:33 pm

HappyCity wrote:Just sent my city for tyres roatation @ Autobacs and they inform me that my front left shock absorber arm had worn out and it is causing uneven wear on my tyres. They quoted me $1700 for the whole set.
I have a few questions hope you all bros can advise me as I am new to this shock absorbers thing:

any bros can recommend me a good workshop to change it and not so expensive? $1700 is indeed costing my pocket a big hole.

Tks all in advance.
not an expert nor car mech. but here's my answer based on what i know / done:

S$1700 is a lot for dampers only. i changed all 4 (mine is 4G year 2006) for much less at vision garage.
shock absorbers (also known as dampers - better name as it is what it does) is a part of what we call suspension. the whole suspension system consist of frame, springs, dampers, and so on.
going back to KM will be expensive, else can check out the list of workshops in general discussion or call the shop i go to for advice.

HappyCity
3000rpm
3000rpm

Post by HappyCity » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:08 pm

Narcosis wrote:Best to go back to KAH motors to get it verify if your car is still under warranty.
My car is already 5 years, no more warranty.. :-(
I believe if it is still under warranty, KM would say this is wear and tear.

HappyCity
3000rpm
3000rpm

Re: Shock absorbers

Post by HappyCity » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:08 pm

isvtec wrote:
HappyCity wrote:Just sent my city for tyres roatation @ Autobacs and they inform me that my front left shock absorber arm had worn out and it is causing uneven wear on my tyres. They quoted me $1700 for the whole set.

Tks all in advance.

not an expert nor car mech. but here's my answer based on what i know / done:

S$1700 is a lot for dampers only. i changed all 4 (mine is 4G year 2006) for much less at vision garage.
shock absorbers (also known as dampers - better name as it is what it does) is a part of what we call suspension. the whole suspension system consist of frame, springs, dampers, and so on.
going back to KM will be expensive, else can check out the list of workshops in general discussion or call the shop i go to for advice.
Thanks for your recommendation, I had done mine at Malaysia.

isvtec
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by isvtec » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:06 am

happy happy :D