Unanswered topics Active topics

1st contribution - Are you feeling sluggish from your CL7R??

Home Of The Accordians
Tcool
Idling
Idling

1st contribution - Are you feeling sluggish from your CL7R??

Post by Tcool » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:40 pm

Greetings all,

Would like to share some tips to get your CL7R back to the "ready to fly" response condition.

I'm not sure if anyone has posted on this before, but here goes:

If you are feeling that your ride seemed to be slow in response to surge when you needed it, it may be due to your usual driving style.

The ECU on stock CL7R is so clever that it will automatically adjust to your driving pattern and style.

Try this trick which I learnt from a Honda guru.

In 5th gear, stay at 3,000rpm for 5km (do not go below 3,000rpm throughout.) This equates to around 80kph.
At the 5km mark, up to 6th and run for another 1-2km.

What this does is kind of trick your ECU into resetting to the original response all Rs should be(to surge and fly on command!!)

I've been doing this for both my first and second CL7R and personally, I do feel the diff. Beautiful part of this, it does not affect your fuel consumption much!!

Feel free to comment and feedback ya??

-=[Yamaha R1]=-
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by -=[Yamaha R1]=- » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:33 pm

Power.. Im gg to try. Coz now my cl7 cannot fly. Car heavy and driver overweight.. Zzzz

-------------------------------------------------------
If It Ain't Scary, It Ain't Fast Enough..

Tcool
Idling
Idling

Post by Tcool » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:52 pm

Hey Bro,

Let me know if there is any diff ya??

And a reminder, always stay safe.

Usually, I coupled this routine with "blow soot" subsequently.

Once a week, when I'm about empty, I'll perform these.

Teow Yiwei
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by Teow Yiwei » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:09 am

wa singapore difficult to find a spot to do this unless its during the wee hours leh, why not just take out the battery terminal and wait for ecu to reset totally?

XiaoNick
9000rpm Rev Cut
9000rpm Rev Cut

Post by XiaoNick » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:54 am

Teow Yiwei wrote:wa singapore difficult to find a spot to do this unless its during the wee hours leh, why not just take out the battery terminal and wait for ecu to reset totally?
IS there any fuse to reset the ECU?

Teow Yiwei
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by Teow Yiwei » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:24 am

XiaoNick wrote:
Teow Yiwei wrote:wa singapore difficult to find a spot to do this unless its during the wee hours leh, why not just take out the battery terminal and wait for ecu to reset totally?
IS there any fuse to reset the ECU?
no idea, but i think if you remove the negative terminal 10-15 min it will be reset le

dazr4el
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by dazr4el » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:05 am

Bro, ecu relearn and reset same meh?
CL7R.
J's Racing / HKS / Mugen / Skunk2

jef9677
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by jef9677 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:15 am

-=[Yamaha R1]=- wrote:Power.. Im gg to try. Coz now my cl7 cannot fly. Car heavy and driver overweight.. Zzzz
That y la, my car feel so weak. don talk about fly la cant even run at all.

shall try it hope my car can "fly" soon.

-=[Yamaha R1]=-
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by -=[Yamaha R1]=- » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:57 am

jef9677 wrote:
-=[Yamaha R1]=- wrote:Power.. Im gg to try. Coz now my cl7 cannot fly. Car heavy and driver overweight.. Zzzz

U really wanna fly ah? Ok let me share some secret with u. I heard from some guru 1st gear 8000rpm and hold it there for 2km. Aft that hearsay yr car will feel the 'fly' feeling... Lolx..

-------------------------------------------------------
If It Ain't Scary, It Ain't Fast Enough..

cl7teckie
9000rpm Rev Cut
9000rpm Rev Cut

Post by cl7teckie » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:39 pm

Teow Yiwei wrote:
no idea, but i think if you remove the negative terminal 10-15 min it will be reset le
remove for 30seconds, is sufficient to reset. Official Recommendation from Honda is 3mins. However, this will render most other sub-system, like audio, power windows and remote control to go "astray" (at times).

The fuse to reset DTC of the ECU, is fuse no. 8 in under-hood relay box. This powers the PGM-FI main relay. If that "remove" the hearsay additional mapping parameter, I leave it up to whoever to experience it. As the ECU pull power from multiple source for various reason, a few fuses are involved.
Pls dont ask me for wkshop, as I know none...I only know it is safer and faster to fix cars on my own.

XiaoNick
9000rpm Rev Cut
9000rpm Rev Cut

Post by XiaoNick » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:34 pm

cl7teckie wrote:
Teow Yiwei wrote:
remove for 30seconds, is sufficient to reset. Official Recommendation from Honda is 3mins. However, this will render most other sub-system, like audio, power windows and remote control to go "astray" (at times).

The fuse to reset DTC of the ECU, is fuse no. 8 in under-hood relay box. This powers the PGM-FI main relay. If that "remove" the hearsay additional mapping parameter, I leave it up to whoever to experience it. As the ECU pull power from multiple source for various reason, a few fuses are involved.
This will just wipe out all the existing fuel maps (driving patterns) and will load with a fuel rich map right?

jef9677
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by jef9677 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:14 pm

-=[Yamaha R1]=- wrote:
jef9677 wrote:

U really wanna fly ah? Ok let me share some secret with u. I heard from some guru 1st gear 8000rpm and hold it there for 2km. Aft that hearsay yr car will feel the 'fly' feeling... Lolx..
Really?? than I got to Vtec for bloodly 2KM. end up whole car really being RESET. over heat n burn up.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Teow Yiwei
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by Teow Yiwei » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:02 pm

XiaoNick wrote:
cl7teckie wrote:
Teow Yiwei wrote:

This will just wipe out all the existing fuel maps (driving patterns) and will load with a fuel rich map right?
and then the ecu will re-learn your driving style from scratch at all rpm lo. because if you simply just drive your car at 3k rpm for 5km, doesnt the ecu just learn your driving pattern at 3k rpm? how about other rpm? correct me if i am wrong though

lfwd15
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Re: 1st contribution - Are you feeling sluggish from your CL

Post by lfwd15 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:33 pm

Tcool wrote:Greetings all,

Would like to share some tips to get your CL7R back to the "ready to fly" response condition.

I'm not sure if anyone has posted on this before, but here goes:

If you are feeling that your ride seemed to be slow in response to surge when you needed it, it may be due to your usual driving style.

The ECU on stock CL7R is so clever that it will automatically adjust to your driving pattern and style.

Try this trick which I learnt from a Honda guru.

In 5th gear, stay at 3,000rpm for 5km (do not go below 3,000rpm throughout.) This equates to around 80kph.
At the 5km mark, up to 6th and run for another 1-2km.

What this does is kind of trick your ECU into resetting to the original response all Rs should be(to surge and fly on command!!)

I've been doing this for both my first and second CL7R and personally, I do feel the diff. Beautiful part of this, it does not affect your fuel consumption much!!

Feel free to comment and feedback ya??
So after 5km, shift gear to 6th gear and hold at 3000rpm and travel for another 1-2km. Is tt rite?

Anyone tried it yet?
Learning is a journey. There's never an end to it. ;)

XiaoNick
9000rpm Rev Cut
9000rpm Rev Cut

Post by XiaoNick » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:34 am

Teow Yiwei wrote:
XiaoNick wrote:
cl7teckie wrote: remove for 30seconds, is sufficient to reset. Official Recommendation from Honda is 3mins. However, this will render most other sub-system, like audio, power windows and remote control to go "astray" (at times).

and then the ecu will re-learn your driving style from scratch at all rpm lo. because if you simply just drive your car at 3k rpm for 5km, doesnt the ecu just learn your driving pattern at 3k rpm? how about other rpm? correct me if i am wrong though
The ECU have a few maps loaded by default. It also learns the driving style from the user after a while.

Resetting the ECU will usually run a fuel rich map by default, which the driver will feel "more powerful" for a while.

Driving 3krpm for 5km, the ECU will relearn your driving style after a while. I don't know is for 5km or how many km. This you got to ask Honda engineers?

If you are aggressive driver, the ECU will load with a more fuel rich map to suit your driving style.

If you are a slow driver, the ECU will also load a more fuel efficient map for you.