Unanswered topics Active topics

Audio Shop Burnt My PCB!

Share your In-Car Entertainment passion here.
TBTRB1

Audio Shop Burnt My PCB!

Post by TBTRB1 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:58 am

Went to an audio shop to do some simple installation - auto fold mirrors when off and auto lock when moving off. In the process, they caused a short circuit that damaged the printed circuit board (PCB) that controls central locking, amongst others. Only the central locking function is affected, ie. can't lock / unlock with remote, must unlock / lock every door individually. Boot cannot open since can't manually unlock.

The boss assured me they will be responsible and find me a replacement PCB. He did mentioned that it will most likely be from the junkyard. Since this item seldom gets damaged, it is unlikely stockist will have stock and may take weeks if need to wait for it to ship in. I told them the part needs to come in latest by Fri, as I plan to drive up North for a few days over the long weekend. The boss say will call me latest by Tue to update me.

Very Sian. Few weeks back install solar film that installer damaged my IU. Now this simple job caused the PCB to be damaged.

Any experienced bro got any advice how I should proceed? Just wait? Tried calling a stockist no part. Two issues bother me. 1) Shld I accept a used part (from junkyard or otherwise) or insist on new? 2) Will they take their time while my trip up north is jeopardised?

My car is 08 RB1. Thanks.

AlanZ
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by AlanZ » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:46 pm

Empathise on your situation but I doubt you have much choice.s
If you want new, then prepare to wait if Mingkee and Thian Seng doesnt have it.
Else your best bet is an used item which can be faster.

Ultimately its your choice.

khfoong
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by khfoong » Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:22 pm

give them at deadline,
if they cannot fufill the deadline..

tell them u will go back to agent to repair and bill them the charges.