Unanswered topics Active topics

My 07 Fit engine stalls when stopping in D gear

Fit / Jazz model year 2002 - 2007
woohuaguo

My 07 Fit engine stalls when stopping in D gear

Post by woohuaguo » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:47 pm

Hi all,

I wonder if there is anyone who is able to enlighten me on the problems Im facing for my 07 Fit. firstly thanks to all who read this coz its kind of lengthy.

briefly, my car recently crash and front damage quite badly. I sent it to a workshop and had it repaired. I then collected the car on 28 Feb 2013, everything seemed alright. However, the very next day after I warm up the car (after park overnight), I drove out of the carpark and stopped at a junction, the rpm drops very low and engine stalls when I stop fully.

This happen again when I reach another junction subsequently, stopping. The engine stalls silently. After restart the engine, I manage to drive to my workplace. Later on in the day, I went back to my car and drove it. the engine stalls again on 2 more occasions. I was unhappy and went back to the workshop to ask. This was on 1 Mar 2013 (Fri) and engine stall 4 times.

The mechanic say maybe my throttle body is dirty and proceeded to clean it. after which, he told me to monitor and if problems persisted, I should go back again. The engine stalls again. It was Sat then and the workshop I presume had close. I had to tahan until mon 4 Mar. Engine stall once on Sat and one more time on Sun.

I observed and noticed that after warm up, rpm holds at about 800 with gear at P. After shifting from P to D, rpm drops very low to something like 400 or lesser and engine sort of jerks and rpm goes up to 1k then drops again. it would continue until i shift to N and rpm resumes normal.

This doesn't happen when driving. it only happens when stationary or after warm up. I then took it back to the workshop to ask again. the stupid mechanic told me it got nothing to do with the repair. it should be my Throttle body dirty or need to change and quote me 600 whihc i rejected.

I was like before accident my car was alright. after repair becomes like this. I went around asking for advice and was told by some that it could be MAF dirty, or ignition coil problem or solenoid switch faulty or my gear box problem.

After checking the net, I found out the symtoms seem to be either IACV dirty causing such low rpm at idling or throttle body dirty resulting not enough air. However, there are other site stating that such could be also cause by faulty gear box (CVT) especially HOnda CVT.

a friend of mine then suggested I do a reset of sort he learn from CRV forum. I exercise this procedure and the crazy rpm thing kind of stops. but then after warm up with gear shifted to D or gear at D stopping at junction, the rpm will drops and hold steady at 400~500 with some vibrations. this is not normal.

I hope to solve the problem coz I still need to drive the car.

Pls any bros, do assist. thanks.

diondevil

Post by diondevil » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:31 pm

can try check for spark plug or coils prob, might be damaged thus causing the prob, previously had such prob with stalling a jerking of the car when throttle, found out cus coil expose liao and all 8 spark with coil changed

woohuaguo

Post by woohuaguo » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:16 pm

I have check with Bro Jengwe from Airwave. He done a check and my coils are ok. IACV kind of stuck. after clean more or less goes back to normal.

Still experience jerk once a while suspected due to CVT gear coz I was bluff last time to use ATF-Z1 instead.

My friend driving Purple fit recommend to go for machine flush of CVT gear box, throttle body and injector cost around 308. so considering it. He done it and his car is back to normal without jerks or vibrations.