changing of CLUTCH !

Home Of The Accordians
JoeweLam
2000rpm
2000rpm

changing of CLUTCH !

Post by JoeweLam » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:17 pm

hi bros,

any one can help? I just got my CL7 and was hoping that the clutch can be better, if i am driving slow, i have to slowly release my clutch, then the whole car like not smooth if i release too earlier.. btw my 1st manual car...any one to help or to explain what problem i am having. or i need to upgrade to a sport clutch or something?

Regards, Joewe

Teow Yiwei
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by Teow Yiwei » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:10 pm

i think what you described is normal of a manual transmission and has nothing to do with the clutch. you can feel the jerky sensation especially for the first 2 gear changes, to counter that you can release the clutch slowly, but you will burn more clutch. you have to come to a compromise on how much jerk you willing to tolerate and how much clutch you willing to burn

lonerCL7a
5000rpm
5000rpm

Re: changing of CLUTCH !

Post by lonerCL7a » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:42 pm

JoeweLam wrote:hi bros,

any one can help? I just got my CL7 and was hoping that the clutch can be better, if i am driving slow, i have to slowly release my clutch, then the whole car like not smooth if i release too earlier.. btw my 1st manual car...any one to help or to explain what problem i am having. or i need to upgrade to a sport clutch or something?

Regards, Joewe

If you upgrade to sports clutch will be worst. It's all about your footwork.
With good knowledge of theory is fine, but put it in practical. Cos with good theory and no practical experience, all theory is bull shit!

scratchyz
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Re: changing of CLUTCH !

Post by scratchyz » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:12 pm

JoeweLam wrote:hi bros,

Regards, Joewe
you need to match your rev and when you change gear...all this part and parcel of manual car..with more experience should be fine..