Unanswered topics Active topics

Civic es1 or lancer cs5

Civic model year 2000 -2005
Krado
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by Krado » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:07 am

jungle-mania wrote:Actually they do exist, they reinstated production last month for the Saab 9-3.

They are now under a new company called NEVS under a China-Japan joint venture. I think they manage to plug a loophole with regards to the the stupid GM blockage.
Perhaps you didn't read the fine print.

NEVS= National Electric Vehicle Sweden

Your 9-3 is electric car ah? :lol:

jungle-mania
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by jungle-mania » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:16 am

Production started with old model verison not new one.
Newbie ES1 owner

MCDS
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator

Post by MCDS » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:54 am

Dun mind us

We are just jealous and sad you left the Honda ES community...

and

JUST enjoy your 9-3 SAAB... it's a great organisation that built fantastic fighter jets and one of the pioneers to push out a twin-turbo engine for cars if memory serves correctly...

try not to UP the power... keep everything stock and the car should serve you well once you finish repairing all the little details.

Up the power and change the ECU settings... not what those brilliant engineers at SAAB would recommend I think...

think about it...

Volvo Engineers drive SAAB....

here's the crazy... SAAB engineers drive Volvo hahaha...

but it says a lot for these two marques... don't you think?

one final word... you bought the SAAB for it's safety and 'reliability' correct??

because you would be quite foolish to buy it for 'performance'

turbo?? bus and vans have turbo too... please dun be fooled by the word... nothing to do with performance unless it has the word 'Porsche' in that string of words... or similar...

Freedom isn't Free, it costs people like you and me... Freedom costs a buck 'o five....

jungle-mania
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by jungle-mania » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:02 pm

Its all good, I do miss my civic, but I sold it to my partner as it was more practical for him to have a car.

I did my checks on the ecu and the engine, I found out the engine has been intentionally detuned to create a bigger market range, so they can sell the higher hp version as a more upmarket version.
Newbie ES1 owner

fred59
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by fred59 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:38 am

As far I know of, the older 93 Aero cap with 165hp nia, later ver comes with 210hp and a torpue of 220nm cant outrun a non turbo fd2 with 225hp 215nm.

Seriously consider the skoda's ruthless power sharing the VW platform, with 250nm for petrol and 320nm for diesel of course not as comfortable and refine as the saab but share the same maintenance burden and image, if your daily driving pattern always stays above that bend.
SEX is one of the nine reasons for re-incarnation, the RESTis not important.