Airwave Jerking Resolved-Final Puzzle Piece AC relay-Nov'12

Home Of The AirwaveRs
jengwe
2000rpm
2000rpm

Airwave Jerking Resolved-Final Puzzle Piece AC relay-Nov'12

Post by jengwe » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:21 am

Hi to all,
It has been nearly a year since I started DIY to resolve my car jerking issues. Having helped over 80 cars and accumulating experience, I would like to sum it all as a final post on this Jerk/Shudder issue faced by countless Airwave, Fit/Jazz and City owners, as I have completely resolved my car’s jerking issue. The FINAL PIECE of the Puzzle is listed as Item 5.

There are a number of factors and they are listed below :

1. Check that the Spark plugs are tightened properly. Else, the Ignition coil will get damaged. This can be visually checked as the pink insert of the ignition coil will discolour to orange and brown streaks. When damaged, a pulsating feeling will be felt when accelerating from start to ard 40km/h. Ignition coils with properly tighten sparks have been observed to be working well in cars of over 200k mileage, still pink with no discolouration. Use only Denso or NGK Iridium Sparks. Gap them every 40k to ensure a 1.0-1.1mm as per Honda spec. I am still using my 1st set of Denso with over 90k mileage.

2. Start – Stop shudder is caused by the jamming of the IAC valve located together with the Throttle Body. This jamming is caused by accumulated grime made worse if K&N and stainless steel mesh filters are used. The IAC valve needs to be separated from the TB and cleaned separately till its spotless. Carb Spray for the TB and WD-40 for the IAC Use only Honda or OEM paper filters.

3. If your car is over 100k mileage, do a 2 bottles worth of CVTF flush. Perform the Burnish of the gearbox prior to CVTF drain. I have further installed an external ATF filter, P/N 25430-PLR-003, costing around $35 at the gear box return line from radiator to provide extra filtering as I suspect the internal filter is already clogged and circulates via a bypass valve that performs no filtering at all.

4. I also performed an ultra-sonic clean on the Control Valve Block. Things did improve a little but I now suspect if this is really necessary cause I was still unable and continued to encounter the occurrence of this symptom which I term it as the “RPM drop then jumpâ€