Crossroad boot lock not working

Home Of The CrossroadeRs
bobsy
3000rpm
3000rpm

Crossroad boot lock not working

Post by bobsy » Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:49 pm

hi bros,

my crossroad boot cannot be unlocked with the central locking.
i suspect the actuator motor is dead.

there is no keyhole to unlock it manually.

how to get the boot open?

dunamis
3000rpm
3000rpm

Re: Crossroad boot lock not working

Post by dunamis » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:59 am

bobsy wrote:hi bros,

my crossroad boot cannot be unlocked with the central locking.
i suspect the actuator motor is dead.

there is no keyhole to unlock it manually.

how to get the boot open?
Hi bro,

I have not tried this before but I think the tailgate can be unlocked with the car key from inside the car. You should be able to find a cover on the inner side of the tailgate near to where the locking mechanism at the bottom centre. Pry it open gently with a flat screw driver protected with a cloth to prevent scratches. To unlock the tailgate, insert ignition key into the cylinder and turn clockwise.

Do remember if you have to manually unlock the tailgate, do remember to manually lock it again. If the actuator is faulty, unfortunately, you'll have to get it fixed by a mechanic. I don't suggest DIY that portion.

And how do I know all this? I read it from the manual ;)

bobsy
3000rpm
3000rpm

Post by bobsy » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:13 am

Thanks bro.
Is your manual in English?
Cos mine is in Japanese.
Opened once before, cannot read anything and never looked at it again.

dunamis
3000rpm
3000rpm

Post by dunamis » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:36 am

bobsy wrote:Thanks bro.
Is your manual in English?
Cos mine is in Japanese.
Opened once before, cannot read anything and never looked at it again.
To be honest, I am using a Honda Stream english manual as reference. Thus far, I noticed the two makes are almost identical in features other than physical dimensions. I have been able to use the manual for changing lights bulbs, locating sensors, etc. So far it has been accurate.

nAEs
2000rpm
2000rpm

Post by nAEs » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:13 pm

Bringing up an old post...

I am facing the same problem as bobsy. I just took over a pre-owned Crossroad recently. The boot lock was still working fine until yesterday. I have sent the car for an initial diagnosis. The problem does not lie with the locking mechanism/motor/actuator as mech unplugged the electrical connector and connect direct electrical source to the "motor". It's working. The mech tested for readings on the connector end and there don't seem to have any.

Electrical problems are complicated and very difficult to troubleshoot. Before I take the suggestion from the mech of doing a small modification by "bypassing" the original wirings, I am taking a long long shot of checking whether any Crossroaders out there ever faced the same problem.

nAEs
2000rpm
2000rpm

Post by nAEs » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:20 pm

For sharing purpose in case someone encounter the similar problem...

I know it will be difficult to get an answer here. It's so "dead quiet". Went to seek a 2nd opinion. Nothing wrong with the electrics, wiring, actuator & motor. It's the locking mechanism that is faulty.

everyrockkills
5000rpm
5000rpm

Post by everyrockkills » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:44 am

nAEs wrote:For sharing purpose in case someone encounter the similar problem...

I know it will be difficult to get an answer here. It's so "dead quiet". Went to seek a 2nd opinion. Nothing wrong with the electrics, wiring, actuator & motor. It's the locking mechanism that is faulty.

Hi Bro,

i've had my ride for 4 years. so far no issue so i might not be able to provide an answer. we had a meetup last night so i'm guess some of the bros who prowl the forum might not have a chance to see your post yet.

i'll ask them if they know anything about the lock issue.

cheers!
donteatmeatwithafork

nAEs
2000rpm
2000rpm

Post by nAEs » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:49 pm

No worries. Problem is fixed.