Unanswered topics Active topics

is fuel consumption of 8+km/L too high for CL7A?

Home Of The Accordians
Post Reply
User avatar
naro
5000rpm
5000rpm
Posts: 256
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 10:13 pm

is fuel consumption of 8+km/L too high for CL7A?

Post by naro » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:24 pm

Hi guys,

i've been getting 8+km/L out of my CL7A. is it too high?

I would say that my right foot not the lightest and abt 70%-80% of my journey thus far is city driving. But i feel that getting 8+km/L is still kind of high.

is there anything i can check or bring to workshop to check to find out the reason?

looking forward to your advice.

thanks!

User avatar
viper76
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line
Posts: 1870
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:25 am
Location: East sider
Contact:

Post by viper76 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:10 pm

fuel FC has been discuss before bro...u might wanna do a search ...i remember there is a dicussion on tis b4

calvin_
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON
Posts: 646
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:22 pm

Post by calvin_ » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:37 pm

8+ is very high.

personally, i get around 10-11, and my car has no mods, except for 225r17 wheels.

i've heard of people consistently getting around 12.

cheers.
Treat a car like a human. It needs healthy diet, care and grooming, and most importantly, exercise.

hammerdin
5000rpm
5000rpm
Posts: 291
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:16 pm

Post by hammerdin » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:26 pm

depends on right foot la.... mine is 8+.... standard....

Ixnnie
4000rpm
4000rpm
Posts: 83
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:40 pm

Post by Ixnnie » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:47 pm

im getting quite bad FC, planning to head to a workshop to check out why...

330km light up liao, and im not a hard footer.

Only HKS exos thats all...


any bros can recommend workshop ??

hammerdin
5000rpm
5000rpm
Posts: 291
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:16 pm

Post by hammerdin » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:04 pm

Try skm ... search from forum for contact...

I think mayb fuel injector dirty

User avatar
Yaloryalor
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON
Posts: 490
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:31 am

Post by Yaloryalor » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:01 am

hammerdin wrote:depends on right foot la.... mine is 8+.... standard....
Same here, I am constantly getting 8+ for the past few years.

Uses to wonder wats wrong w my car but in the end it's really my driving habits and more city driving then highway.
Image

idk90
3000rpm
3000rpm
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:03 pm

Post by idk90 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:00 pm

mine' about 8+ too.
with a HKS exhaust.

User avatar
jm passion
5000rpm
5000rpm
Posts: 208
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:10 am
Location: zZzZz CorneR

Post by jm passion » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:53 pm

Ixnnie wrote:im getting quite bad FC, planning to head to a workshop to check out why...

330km light up liao, and im not a hard footer.

Only HKS exos thats all...


any bros can recommend workshop ??
Wah 330km/tank that quite jialat! I hitting min 420km-500km/tank(50% city 50% highway)

User avatar
naro
5000rpm
5000rpm
Posts: 256
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 10:13 pm

Post by naro » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:57 pm

8+ seems very bad FC!!

damn. i'm going to send it for my 1st servicing since i took over the ride soon.

I'm gonna ask the workshop to check.

Rcar
3000rpm
3000rpm
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:43 pm

Re: is fuel consumption of 8+km/L too high for CL7A?

Post by Rcar » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:00 pm

naro wrote:Hi guys,

i've been getting 8+km/L out of my CL7A. is it too high?

I would say that my right foot not the lightest and abt 70%-80% of my journey thus far is city driving. But i feel that getting 8+km/L is still kind of high.

is there anything i can check or bring to workshop to check to find out the reason?

looking forward to your advice.

thanks!
I am also having this milage. Think is normal.

User avatar
wankie
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON
Posts: 739
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 10:41 am

Post by wankie » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:05 pm

if your car is about 5 yrs old, its about normal. Mine was about that kind of consumption, about 440 - 500 km / tank.
i don't know what it is but i want one

User avatar
naro
5000rpm
5000rpm
Posts: 256
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 10:13 pm

Post by naro » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:32 pm

wankie wrote:if your car is about 5 yrs old, its about normal. Mine was about that kind of consumption, about 440 - 500 km / tank.
no leh.. i think CL7's tank is about 50L.

so based on your mileage of 440-500km/tank, its about 9-10km /L.

i'm getting only low-mid 8km/L.

hammerdin
5000rpm
5000rpm
Posts: 291
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:16 pm

Post by hammerdin » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:14 am

bro main thing is : whats ur driving style?

70%, 50% or even 100% highways doesnt matter, if u keep getting stuck in the jam during morning and evening hours, driving at 20km/h. you can drive city driving 100%, but at 12am every night, travelling at 70km/h.

so the questions are:

do u always stuck in a jam?

do u always go above 4k rpm?

is your car always picking alot of people or have heavy stuffs in ur boot?

Do u leave your engine running when u wait for your CO?

Do you drive with your windows down on the expressways?

is ur tyres fully inflated?

have u service your car?

have u change oil filter?



else, 10km - 8km is normal. which means fully tank, (not till brim, but first click of the petrol pump) your mileage anything above 420km is normal. If you get 300+ then got problem. go and check ur car.

else dun worry la

User avatar
huffie
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line
Posts: 1591
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:58 pm
Location: In the night garden

Post by huffie » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:33 am

naro wrote:
wankie wrote:if your car is about 5 yrs old, its about normal. Mine was about that kind of consumption, about 440 - 500 km / tank.
no leh.. i think CL7's tank is about 50L.

so based on your mileage of 440-500km/tank, its about 9-10km /L.

i'm getting only low-mid 8km/L.
it's 65L
ImageImage

Post Reply