Unanswered topics Active topics

need advise

Civic model year 2000 -2005
phewie
3000rpm
3000rpm

Post by phewie » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:23 am

My reserve tank is referring to reservoir.

My radiator tank needs to add another about 300 odd ml on the next morning so don't know is it normal or not.
MCDS wrote:You top up the reservoir tank is it?

no need to top up...just check the radiator in the morning. if it is brim full it is enough

the reservoir will be auto drained when engine is running and excess coolent will be drained off.

you can top up every single day the reservoir... every time you drive, it will drain...

THAT'S normal... and if you insist, you can buy as much radiator coolent and stock up... everyday will need to topup radiator...

actually no need to top up the reservoir... but you insist full, then you are welcome to do so... just a waste of coolent...

MCDS
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator

Post by MCDS » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:48 am

I'm probably stoopid...

but I need you to point out to me which one you referrering to...

If it's the new radiator you are toppingup every day 300ml, you are losing coolent big time.

not the tank but the hoses connection in the system somewhere or manywhere is leaking big time...

that is the small problem.. if your engine is drinking your coolent... you got BIG problem :)

go check at the autosaver workshop or Merlin... they should not be allowing this to happen... that you need to top up 300ml everyday at the main radiator...

Speak to Jacky at Merlin...

Freedom isn't Free, it costs people like you and me... Freedom costs a buck 'o five....

phewie
3000rpm
3000rpm

Post by phewie » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:39 am

MCDS wrote:I'm probably stoopid...

but I need you to point out to me which one you referrering to...

If it's the new radiator you are toppingup every day 300ml, you are losing coolent big time.

not the tank but the hoses connection in the system somewhere or manywhere is leaking big time...

that is the small problem.. if your engine is drinking your coolent... you got BIG problem :)

go check at the autosaver workshop or Merlin... they should not be allowing this to happen... that you need to top up 300ml everyday at the main radiator...

Speak to Jacky at Merlin...
Just checked this morning, the radiator and reserve tank both is full.No top up required. Guess Must be the 1st time top up full, got to wait for the engine to run and cool down overnight and top up one more time.

:) Thanks everyone :)

phewie
3000rpm
3000rpm

Post by phewie » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:45 pm

Another question, those that are using advance defi zd or knows about the settings, can tell me what is the meaning of speed pulses? Cant seem to google anything on it.

What setting to set on the zd for speed pulse on the es5?

Also, whats the maximum water and oil temperature that should not be exceeded?
Whats the maximum safest oil pressure too?

Lastly, why there is a continuous beeping sound whenever the vehicle is stationary? What settings should i set to prevent it from beeping when stationary?

MCDS
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator

Post by MCDS » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:01 am

, can tell me what is the meaning of speed pulses? Cant seem to google anything on it.

NO IDEA...

What setting to set on the zd for speed pulse on the es5?

NO IDEA...

Also, whats the maximum water and oil temperature that should not be exceeded?

WATER temp max for alarm to go off - depends on your pressure cap rating on the radiator. stock is 1.1bar when your fan kicks in it's around 105 degrees C. if using 1.3 bar radiator cap, temp can go up to 108 degrees C before fan comes on... safe to set your water to 115 degrees C for the alarm to sound for water temp.

yes water boils at 100degrees C under 1bar (normal pressure) but your radiator is able to do more than 1 bar... so boiling temp is higher... yes, physics help...

Oil temp can go much higher as you are using fully synthetic oils. check your oil max temp on the bottle/ratings chart and you you can use that to set alarm... usually put at 130 degrees C -and no, oil does not boil at 100degrees C...

Whats the maximum safest oil pressure too?

you should be more concerned about low oil pressure - low oil pressure is when oil is not being 'pushed' around your engine block and parts of your engine is superheating because its not cooled and lubricated by the moving engine oil... for VTEC engines from B series engines, you need to have at least 1.5 bar pressure , below that, VTEC when activated will not work well as it is oil pressure activated, not just rpm. so no pressure means your engine will suffer a meltdown due to no oil pressure.

your oil pressure alarm is a low pressure warning, so set your oil pressure alarm to 1 bar or or 1.5 bar up to you... if it keeps going off when you are at idle, you probably don't have enough oil pressure (which during idle is ok la - VTEC is off anyways) ... but to keep from being buzzed all the time, you can set it lower to 0.8 bar... this you need to reset to 1.5 bar if you are doing track driving, as some higher G sweeping corners, the oil pressure may drop to below 1.5bar and you engine will be very very hot for some seconds...

don't worry about high... can do 10 bars during morning when engine is COLD and you go and floor the thing in traffic... no problem there... it's the low pressure that you should be more worried about.

Lastly, why there is a continuous beeping sound whenever the vehicle is stationary? What settings should i set to prevent it from beeping when stationary?

When beeping, the meter is telling you one or more parameter set for alarm has been breached. likely your oil pressure ... reset to lower as described above.

Do not ask us how to do it - you should really read your owner manual to set the upper and lower limits of your meter yourself to learn to use the instrument to properly monitor your engine's running diagnostics on heat and preseure...

in any case, prolly only a few people using ZD... and the new controller... so not many of us will know exactly how anyways...

I'm on the older type...

so what sensors did you put in anyways? only RPM and Speed??? can't be right? so at least water and oil temp, and oil pressure... did you install the int.manifold pressure sensor too? I think it requires a separate meter for that but it's the most useful one tho... hope you did put it in...

OH YAH... the above, esp temperature is just MY personal opinion and settings... those more in the know can just chip in to correct the suggested numbers and correct the factual inaccuracies... I will also learn from it. It's not the 'gospal truth' ok? I just sharing my misguided knowledge :)

Freedom isn't Free, it costs people like you and me... Freedom costs a buck 'o five....

rOcH
9000rpm Rev Cut
9000rpm Rev Cut

Post by rOcH » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:23 am

This is what i set for my car.

Water temp: 100
Normal driving water temp should not hit this figure or above. If buzz comes on, it will indicate that you have a problem somewhere in the cooling system.

Oil temp: 110

Normal driving your oil temp should not hit this figure and beyond.

Oil Pressure: 1bar
Normal iding should not fall below 1 bar or more than 0.8bar.

My 2cents

MCDS
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator

Post by MCDS » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:11 pm

default for oil pressure for defi meter is 1.5 bar... for circuit and above application...

phewie
3000rpm
3000rpm

Post by phewie » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:19 am

MCDS wrote:default for oil pressure for defi meter is 1.5 bar... for circuit and above application...
Ok set water to 115 and oil to 130

At idle, my vehicle goes till 0.8 for oil pressure. Is this acceptable/normal?

I didnt buy the intake manifold gauge yet. Maybe will do so in a few days time.

phewie
3000rpm
3000rpm

Post by phewie » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:01 pm

Some queries

1) My steering wheel's leather is pealing off. Any good / recommended places to do?

2) Do you send your ES5 for polishing/grooming? Any recommended outlets?

3) Any good places to service/mainteniance vehicle aircon?

MCDS
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator

Post by MCDS » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:15 pm

phewie wrote:Some queries

1) My steering wheel's leather is pealing off. Any good / recommended places to do?

should have asked us during meetup...

this friday join us again we tell you :)

haha ok... leather re-wrap go to Jackspeed Leather at Tampines Industrial Park A behind SAFRA Tampines.

polish can call mobile polish do it at your workplace or in weekend at your mscp washing point...

just do full service every few months and keep clean can leow

want it to SHINE??? go for 7 new coats of clear lacquer after 2 coats paint... sure shine...

$2k for a sterling job

after that monthly $100++ to groom at pro groom centre package $800 for 10 sessions or something like that...

worth it or not only your wallet can tell.

Aircon you should just refer to the what to do sticky latest posts... MarKool? or something like that in Kranji seems famous... good... else any one do a full service job plus static test - one time replacement of damaged (wear and tear) components up to SGD$1k excluding compressor. If just service compressor - Thailand!!

phewie
3000rpm
3000rpm

Post by phewie » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:20 am

MCDS wrote:
phewie wrote:Some queries

should have asked us during meetup...

this friday join us again we tell you :)

haha ok... leather re-wrap go to Jackspeed Leather at Tampines Industrial Park A behind SAFRA Tampines.

polish can call mobile polish do it at your workplace or in weekend at your mscp washing point...

just do full service every few months and keep clean can leow

want it to SHINE??? go for 7 new coats of clear lacquer after 2 coats paint... sure shine...

$2k for a sterling job

after that monthly $100++ to groom at pro groom centre package $800 for 10 sessions or something like that...

worth it or not only your wallet can tell.

Aircon you should just refer to the what to do sticky latest posts... MarKool? or something like that in Kranji seems famous... good... else any one do a full service job plus static test - one time replacement of damaged (wear and tear) components up to SGD$1k excluding compressor. If just service compressor - Thailand!!
You mean Jackspeed - 9006 Tampines Street 93 Singapore 528840
6784 4228 ?

Waaa ... didn't know clean and shine will cost so much. Think i'll just stick to washing my own then. Should be good enough.

This Markool?
Markool Air Con
106 Woodlands Industrial Park E3
Singapore 757840
Tel 6367-7666
Look for Ah Huat

MCDS
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator

Post by MCDS » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:46 pm

yup.

as to clean and shine... the mobile service people will do a good job for about SGD$120 per visit. need at least 4 hours to work on your car. need to book in advance. and you MUST BE THERE...

Krado
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by Krado » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:51 am

phewie wrote: Waaa ... didn't know clean and shine will cost so much. Think i'll just stick to washing my own then. Should be good enough.
You only need to clean and shine once a year... CNY mah.

MCDS
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator

Post by MCDS » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:55 am

join us go jb tonite... clean and shine RM$40

phewie
3000rpm
3000rpm

Post by phewie » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:41 pm

Hey bros,

I encountered 1 issue. Sometimes when driving or idle, there is this sound "Hmmm". It does not come on always but randomly and for about 1 second. Any idea what is the cause of this sound?