Unanswered topics Active topics

need advise

Civic model year 2000 -2005
fred59
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by fred59 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:39 am

Hi bro phewie,

First of all welcome to the BENGS CLUB. Dont be angry so fast, see you double posting :lol: The way you dump in your chap pa lang questions are all heresay from your frens. Everyone in Singapore are very stressful, call cheekon oso must know how old, ppl in SHC are nice Ah Bengs, you got to meet them to know better.

I was a noob like you before but I know alot more after joining SHC, MCDS and other bros here. Wifey kun liao nobody disturb, reading your thread, macham like you are hurrying to mod your ES to a Veyron. Do it one at a time and if anything goes wrong you know wat to revert. Our ES D16/17 engines has limitations, our onboard ECU is very stubborn, like a old spinster, die die wont open legs, very hard to squeeze more hp out of it, even it does 'illegally', surely will burn a big hole in your pocket. It arrive in Singapore almost 90% max liao after all the cost cutting by agent.

Honda has already move towards Green Technology. Vtec is a smart valve timing system like putting two engines into one, and they are even able to Vtec a single cam engine, thats our ES. EO is important for our high compression engine. Comprendo.

Our ES already got a built in CAI, behind a heat shealthed battery unless you wanna run a CAI right at the side or bottom of the bumper but cant stop it from taking in water if it rains heavily or even flood. Den more air means more fuel. For auto ES stock airbox is best all rounder for low and high.

Since you have done your muffler just live with it, decating is illegal, TP can easily smell you out miles away and carries a heavy fine, bad for environment. Its good to install a TPMS, saves you a lot of trouble of walking round your car every morning to check tyres. Forget about the Cyclone or Typoon its just another indian snake oil.

Walau eh krado, your long life coolant scroll buay liao lei, soooooo big on my tablet.

Nobody will poke a stick into the reservior to check the coolant level, it is just a spare tank, so diluted with water sure cant see. open the radiator cap, as long there is visible coolant around its safe, provided your engine dont overheat on the temp gauge. Dont over fill the tank.

In the past engines are less complicated and made of cast iron, todays engines are cast in alloy so protecting it and preventing the engine from warping is the ultimum thus using premix long life coolant is the choice but recommended 'honda' but some bros here uses Toyota long life coolant, can forget about anti freeze in our climate but dont add water. I flush mine every 2-3yrs.

You can travel another 80km on the highway when empty fuel lights up, provided the sensor works perfectly. The rest of your doubts krado already answer you.

Hopefully I dont misled and fed you wif wrong info as I posted wif best of my knowledge of almost 9yrs ES5 ownership.

Dont let your fren shoot you to Holland, our ES days are numbered, save up your money if COE does drop get a performance car once 10years up.

Come for meetup, you want can try their rides wif diff mods, dead stock you can try mine. :lol: btw our last meetup ends at 3am :shock:
SEX is one of the nine reasons for re-incarnation, the RESTis not important.

Krado
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by Krado » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:52 am

fred59 wrote:Walau eh krado, your long life coolant scroll buay liao lei, soooooo big on my tablet.
Sorry lah, pic big then can see. The text here is too small..

MCDS
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator

Post by MCDS » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:08 pm

To the new ES owner phewie:

Not being sarcastic dude...

just telling you what you want to know.

New radiator for 6 year old ES is almost a must, since your radiator seems to be losing fluids.

the coolent system of the engine runs on rubber hoses connecting your radiator to the various parts of the engine. And it is a known and popular fact that silicon hose replacements can take more heat than the common rubber hoses, hence it enhances the performance of your engine having a more efficient and higher performance cooling effect for your engine.

heat is the one main enemy of any internal combustion engine, and who can improve the cooling effects will up the performance of that engine - hence COOL Air Induction (CAI) and all that.

As to going back to Sungbeng, why not?> you no longer a new customer but a returning customer - perhaps they give you a better discount for your customer loyalty.

so - in all my good intentions and uncle krado' advice on NOT adding water to your coolent system, I get an angry reply...

and still we type long story to explain things to you...

my name is Lue Dong Bin... and yes I'm drunk... hahahaha...

Freedom isn't Free, it costs people like you and me... Freedom costs a buck 'o five....

fred59
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by fred59 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:30 pm

I don't think his radiator uplorry, maybe check the hoses, my radiator still from day one. My reserve tank coolant oso drop quite fast but as long you can see coolant when you open the radiator cap I think should be ok. Even can't see the level, topup a little sud be fine.

MCDS
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator

Post by MCDS » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:46 pm

fred,

your radiator is well maintained... no water inside, and always sealed airtight... sure no problem.

our new friend one dunno wor... if water added inside, will have oxidizing effect i.e. RUST will set in, with 5 years sure up lorry one lor... becos engine hot, engine cold, hot, cold with water and air bubble inside (becos water will evaporate - although recycle inside, still when evaporate become airborne create air bubble ma)

so den how? ham leow lor.. unless he can do static pressure test to see everything ok lor...

but he want performance wor... get the Mashimoto aluminium radiator sure damn tan jiak one... plus silicon hose... I tell you... water temperature never exceed 78 degrees!! even if outside is 110 degrees

8) 8) 8)

Freedom isn't Free, it costs people like you and me... Freedom costs a buck 'o five....

MCDS
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator

Post by MCDS » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:48 pm

To new ES owner phewie

there's a meetup this Friday at Hakim's Restaurant. Car Park is at the back, and foc after 10.00 pm

please come - I buy you kopi and show you what you need to know to mod your ES for performance.

:D :lol: :D

phewie
3000rpm
3000rpm

Post by phewie » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:30 pm

MCDS wrote:To new ES owner phewie

there's a meetup this Friday at Hakim's Restaurant. Car Park is at the back, and foc after 10.00 pm

please come - I buy you kopi and show you what you need to know to mod your ES for performance.

:D :lol: :D
Is it at pasir panjang? Not sure can make it tomorrow. Will let ya know. Can pm me your contact?

fred59
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by fred59 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:26 am

About one km after Alexandra junction on the left, loop behind the rest to the public carpark.

Mine is the most heavily modded, tp oso no eye see . :twisted: :lol:

MCDS
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator

Post by MCDS » Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:23 am

4.2.2 on Wheels!!! sibeh rolling... I dunno how to drive your car..

phewie
3000rpm
3000rpm

Post by phewie » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:08 am

Thanks to all bros who gave me advise on the vehicle.starting to know more about it.

A few questions more thou

1) mcds: u mentioned to bring it for tuning any recommended place to do?
2)mcds: u mention i can do a mod on the pipe to male it shorter what is it called i cant remember
3)any brothers here duplicate their remote before? I was quoted 60 and i think is over price
4)mcds: u mention to use w40 oil of lets say no stock will 30 be acceptable since 50 is out of the question?
5) any recommended places to do guages?

phewie
3000rpm
3000rpm

Post by phewie » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:09 am

Thanks to all bros who gave me advise on the vehicle.starting to know more about it.

2)mcds: u mention i can do a mod on the pipe to male it shorter what is it called i cant remember.
3) all bros: any recommended places to do guages?
4) all bros: is 4-2-1 Extractor with high flow cat and resonator lta compliant? Will i have improvement in my ride w it? Cause 2nd hand at 100 bucks looks attractive.
Last edited by phewie on Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:08 am, edited 3 times in total.

fred59
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by fred59 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:19 pm

MCDS wrote:4.2.2 on Wheels!!! sibeh rolling... I dunno how to drive your car..
4x4 AHD not AWD :D

MCDS
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator

Post by MCDS » Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:33 pm

phewie wrote:Thanks to all bros who gave me advise on the vehicle.starting to know more about it.

2)mcds: u mention i can do a mod on the pipe to male it shorter what is it called i cant remember.
3) all bros: any recommended places to do guages?
4) all bros: is 4-2-1 Extractor with high flow cat and resonator lta compliant? Will i have improvement in my ride w it? Cause 2nd hand at 100 bucks looks attractive.

1.Unichip Q, I not sure, but can try with Vic000 - you can see his contact on the ES contact sticky. number is current.

2.mod to short RAM or SRI (Short Ram Induction) any workshop can do for you but will charge you for the new pipe. No one will 'cut' your current pipe to mod to SRI.

3. Places to do gauges - what kind of gauges? defi? or chapalang gauge? defi gauges can go to Ah Yuan at GTAuto (dunno where he is now - moved) The other reputable one is at Sonic (Bt Merah) but I dunno them.

4.4-2-1 is NOT LTA LEGAL. do at your own risk... These days LTA stop you on the road and kneel down to pray to your car while looking at the bottom to peep at your exhaust setup - anything not 4-1 with cat will FAIL and constitute a $500 fine.

5 your 'legal cert' if you have it for the Supersprint Exhaust is ONLY for the rearmost section of your 4 piece exhaust system... the header, downpipe-cat, silencer midpipe all will fail if you have a 4-2-1 header - it will affect your downpipe-cat section.

do it at own risk. Sound of the car is different with a 4-2-1 header sports cat... usually they will 'suspect' and stop you and pray to your car... and tell you it's illegal...

phewie
3000rpm
3000rpm

Post by phewie » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:49 pm

Thanks to all brothers here for helping me especially mcds. Really appreciate it lots.

Just an update, my radiator is actually leaking. Thus went back to my dealer whom agreed to replace it for me. I found out it was some china brand and requested for honda original which they agreed with me contributing 200 bucks.

Only thing is not made in japan and my 2 day old blitz radiator cap cant fit in the new radiator was a bit bigger.

A total of 3 bottles of coolant was used. The workshop ppl filled up reserve tank n radiator to max and crank up engine for 5 mins allow to cool and top up alittle bit more. They ask me next morning to open up my radiator to check.

This morning i used my 4th bottle of coolant and top up bout another 300ml of coolant to the radiator. Is this normal?

MCDS
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator

Post by MCDS » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:25 am

You top up the reservoir tank is it?

no need to top up...just check the radiator in the morning. if it is brim full it is enough

the reservoir will be auto drained when engine is running and excess coolent will be drained off.

you can top up every single day the reservoir... every time you drive, it will drain...

THAT'S normal... and if you insist, you can buy as much radiator coolent and stock up... everyday will need to topup radiator...

actually no need to top up the reservoir... but you insist full, then you are welcome to do so... just a waste of coolent...