Unanswered topics Active topics

2013 January 8 to 14 - TO THAILAND HONDA FIX CAR!

Civic model year 2000 -2005
MCDS
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator

2013 January 8 to 14 - TO THAILAND HONDA FIX CAR!

Post by MCDS » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:42 am

LATEST UPDATE: AS OF 14 NOVEMBER 2012

THE proposed date is from Tuesday, 8 January 2013 (evening) till Sunday, 14 January 2013.

Actually will be back by Sat or early Sunday so that Monday can go back to work...

This date is 90% confirmed. those need to plan and take leave may do so now...

The date is proposed by uncle Fread - trip leader.

**Date changed after discussion - December too wet, and too many holidays and too rush. Jan more relaxed highways and no need to squeeze with holiday people...

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This thread is the result of a long discussed but never realised trip by ES drivers... so far only one goes up annually and he puts us all to shame...

so this year... at the end of the Mayan calculated calendar and entry into the NEW period which even they could not calculate... We shall go up north with Fred59...

those who cannot drive at speed limit... can move forward first or catch up but we meet at Alar Setar at an appointed time see how the plan first... and then cross together..

There should be some meetings and planning, as well as adjustments to your ES before going up... track cars with adjustable suspension should reset to 4 fingers at least hahaha... to cross boarder road humps...

etc.

Those interested should make plans and apply for leave where possible

tentative dates : from 20.12.2012 till 31.12.2012 or later... or earlier see how ... but it will be THAT PERIOD. you cannot make it on those dates, just go next next time lor... we will not be changing movement date... auspicious...

those going please post intent...

questions etc welcome, best talk at meetups so it's more face to face, and interested parties share faster info.... of course, we will also share here...

=====================================
Those intending to go on this trip must have valid passports and Honda preferably Civic ES, or City or Jazz/Fit or Airwave, or FD, or EG, or whatever Honda...
Going...

(1) Fred59
(2) MCDS
(3) Macross43
(4) Se@n Lee
(5) ...
Last edited by MCDS on Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:59 am, edited 3 times in total.

Freedom isn't Free, it costs people like you and me... Freedom costs a buck 'o five....

se@n
3000rpm
3000rpm

Re: 2012 DECEMBER 20 OR THEREABOUTS - TO THAILAND HONDA FIX

Post by se@n » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:41 pm

MCDS wrote:This thread is the result of a long discussed but never realised trip by ES drivers... so far only one goes up annually and he puts us all to shame...

so this year... at the end of the Mayan calculated calendar and entry into the NEW period which even they could not calculate... We shall go up north with Fred59...

those who cannot drive at speed limit... can move forward first or catch up but we meet at Alar Setar at an appointed time see how the plan first... and then cross together..

There should be some meetings and planning, as well as adjustments to your ES before going up... track cars with adjustable suspension should reset to 4 fingers at least hahaha... to cross boarder road humps...

etc.

tentative dates : from 20.12.2012 till 31.12.2012 or later... or earlier see how ... but it will be THAT PERIOD. you cannot make it on those dates, just go next next time lor... we will not be changing movement date... auspicious...

questions etc welcome, best talk at meetups so it's more face to face, and interested parties share faster info.... of course, we will also share here...

Those intending to go on this trip must have valid passports and Honda preferably Civic ES, or City or Jazz/Fit or Airwave, or FD, or EG, or whatever Honda...
Going...

(1) Fred59
(2) MCDS
(3) ...
In addition to passport, also MUST need:

- copy of vehicle log card
- letter of authorization if you are not the registered owner
- international driving license (get from AA)
- 3rd party car insurance (buy at MY side before crossing into TH)

Also good to have:

- if you don't already have it, pay a bit to extend the coverage into TH your SG car insurance

se@n
3000rpm
3000rpm

Post by se@n » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:46 pm

MCDS
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator

Post by MCDS » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:00 am

thanks bro se@n

Freedom isn't Free, it costs people like you and me... Freedom costs a buck 'o five....

fred59
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by fred59 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:11 am

This is SHOR's roadtrip from MCF, theres another one more fierce driving a X5M, look at his GPS top speed all the way to Bangkok at one go. So dont say singapore dont have xiao lang.

http://slightlyfamous.posterous.com/17- ... -4-seconds
SEX is one of the nine reasons for re-incarnation, the RESTis not important.

fred59
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by fred59 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:36 am

se@n wrote:
MCDS wrote:This thread is the result of a long discussed but never realised trip by ES drivers... so far only one goes up annually and he puts us all to shame...

etc.

Going...

(1) Fred59
(2) MCDS
(3) ...
In addition to passport, also MUST need:

- 3rd party car insurance (buy at MY side before crossing into TH)

Also good to have:

- if you don't already have it, pay a bit to extend the coverage into TH your SG car insurance

Try to reach Sadao early, not much traffic the custom might allow to use another exit without humps. I crossed it with this height. :lol:

If the car belongs to your parents or not under your name, just photoshop the log card, did it for a fren driving a stream under his biz partners name. They are more lax with Sg plates.

The legal way.

I have never apply for one before in all my 12 trips, as long you are driving your own sg car and they have never ask.

- 3rd party car insurance (buy at MY side before crossing into TH

Most I believe our local insurance (comprehensive) does covers Malaysia except Sabah and Sarawak and 50km from Malaysia border into Thailand on visit pass which is 14 days and the place we are going is around 50++km, we should get a third party at the border (rm20 for 7 days) for a peace of mind. Tipu before kanna road block fined me 500 bahts cheep cheep but with the unrest lately sure got road blocks.

se@n
3000rpm
3000rpm

Post by se@n » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:47 am

fred59 wrote: I have never apply for one before in all my 12 trips, as long you are driving your own sg car and they have never ask.
Lucky you. I was asked to show.

MCDS
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator

Post by MCDS » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:01 pm

se@n wrote:
fred59 wrote: I have never apply for one before in all my 12 trips, as long you are driving your own sg car and they have never ask.
aiyo you must understand our friend drive 8 wheeler or 12 wheeler ES5...

sure pass one...

fred59
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by fred59 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:11 pm

se@n wrote:
So....you coming ornot?

You can spiak Thai right.

se@n
3000rpm
3000rpm

Post by se@n » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:47 am

fred59 wrote: So....you coming ornot?
Am interested but sorry, still a bit too early to commit. Will be dependent on the work schedule.

rOcH
9000rpm Rev Cut
9000rpm Rev Cut

Post by rOcH » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:31 pm

Macross43 will be very interested.
I'm keen but need some planning first.
Will confirm at later date.

fred59
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by fred59 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:04 pm

se@n wrote:
fred59 wrote: So....you coming ornot?
Am interested but sorry, still a bit too early to commit. Will be dependent on the work schedule.
Meanwhile stay clear from any 17yrs old hokay. Need a hybrid to slow the convoy down. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

GOD
9000rpm Rev Cut
9000rpm Rev Cut

Post by GOD » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:05 pm

super long dist trip :P
i see how my schedule, maybe can bring whole family go.
My ride slow hor dont bully me :D
Bird man Killer

MCDS
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator

Post by MCDS » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:57 am

GOD wrote:super long dist trip :P

Your ride slow???

GOD
9000rpm Rev Cut
9000rpm Rev Cut

Post by GOD » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:47 am

MCDS wrote:
GOD wrote:super long dist trip :P

Your ride slow???
its is slow mah
Bird man Killer