Unanswered topicsActive topics

2013 January 8 to 14 - TO THAILAND HONDA FIX CAR!

Civic model year 2000 -2005
User avatar
fred59
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON
Posts: 900
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009

Postby fred59 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:23 pm

rOcH wrote:They didn't stop me from going into the working bay to look look see see.

I think they have ready parts for the transmission. I was recommended by the service advisor - PAT to do the overhaul. But my wifey is not prepare to stay another 3 days and we miss our kids. Furthermore, I wasn't having any issue with the tranny so I decided to pass on that.

This trip is fun. I am incline to do a road trip up further north to chiang mai in the near future. Hopefully before I scrape my ES, parting with wonderful memories.


ES can travel everywhere in Thailand, ready parts anywhere, glad you enjoy it.

This Jan 8 will be my 13th trips up, ES 8th still going.

Im planning Laos, or Myanmar when situation and road conditions gets better, and not to old to do it. :lol:
SEX is one of the nine reasons for re-incarnation, the RESTis not important.
Image

User avatar
rOcH
9000rpm Rev Cut
9000rpm Rev Cut
Posts: 4921
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2004
Location: Sing Island

Postby rOcH » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:13 pm

There is a saying that one is never too old to do something one is passion about. Only if one is prepared or not.

IMHO, chiang mai road trip is more achievable road trip in my ES within its limited COE lifespan. I'm open to drive to china or europe, but I don't really see it happening any sooner in this stage of my life yet.

User avatar
fred59
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON
Posts: 900
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009

Postby fred59 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:32 pm

Today very eng, after busy for the whole month, went for a road trip pre-check of tyres, bearings etc.....

Was "Deeply Saddened" by the conditions of my tyres, looks ok from the outside but....when rotated outwards....wah lun eh like slick. :shock:

Went straight to tyre shop, bo size unless I adjust my coilovers higher, if not cannot fit 17/45/205 and they refused to adjust for me until monday when 17/40/205 available.

Image
SEX is one of the nine reasons for re-incarnation, the RESTis not important.

Image

User avatar
DaDude
9000rpm Rev Cut
9000rpm Rev Cut
Posts: 3244
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006

Postby DaDude » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:23 am

fred59 wrote:Today very eng, after busy for the whole month, went for a road trip pre-check of tyres, bearings etc.....

Was "Deeply Saddened" by the conditions of my tyres, looks ok from the outside but....when rotated outwards....wah lun eh like slick. :shock:

Went straight to tyre shop, bo size unless I adjust my coilovers higher, if not cannot fit 17/45/205 and they refused to adjust for me until monday when 17/40/205 available.

Image


Racer... :lol: :lol: :lol:
ImageImage
DDM

User avatar
MCDS
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator
Posts: 7871
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2004
Location: Somewhere... out there.....

Postby MCDS » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:05 am

you can wait a bit more... few days not so bad... but drive carefully esp in rain... dry no problem... slick tyres grip well hahahaha... not for road tyres tho... silica compound almost non-existent in your case.... no grip leow...
Image

Image
Freedom isn't Free, it costs people like you and me... Freedom costs a buck 'o five....

User avatar
fred59
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON
Posts: 900
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009

Postby fred59 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:15 pm

DaDude wrote:
fred59 wrote:Today very eng, after busy for the whole month, went for a road trip pre-check of tyres, bearings etc.....

Was "Deeply Saddened" by the conditions of my tyres, looks ok from the outside but....when rotated outwards....wah lun eh like slick. :shock:

Went straight to tyre shop, bo size unless I adjust my coilovers higher, if not cannot fit 17/45/205 and they refused to adjust for me until monday when 17/40/205 available.

Image


Racer... :lol: :lol: :lol:


Pacer actually :lol: how to be racer, all remote controlled.
SEX is one of the nine reasons for re-incarnation, the RESTis not important.

Image

User avatar
fred59
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON
Posts: 900
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009

Postby fred59 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:24 pm

MCDS wrote:you can wait a bit more... few days not so bad... but drive carefully esp in rain... dry no problem... slick tyres grip well hahahaha... not for road tyres tho... silica compound almost non-existent in your case.... no grip leow...


hahaha, thats why these two days park at home, rain rain rain. Tyre shop told me, he will park at home if he was me. :lol: kenna suan.

Can any bros give me some honest feeback on either, Kumho Ku31, Goodyear EfficientGrip or Neuton 8000. All priced around $100. Bo lui, I dont spiak and I dont believe in paying for branding and advertising. Im on Maxxis Victra i-pro installed in Thailand, good on dry and wet but lasted on 25 - 30,000km nia, never skidded even on this condition this rainy december but cannot last me till road trip.
SEX is one of the nine reasons for re-incarnation, the RESTis not important.

Image

User avatar
MCDS
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator
Posts: 7871
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2004
Location: Somewhere... out there.....

Postby MCDS » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:14 pm

Neuton - one of their tyres was driven on track with good reviews... tyre thread look like Goodyear F1...

I think...

Goodyear Assurance? I'm using... not bad for normal drive... not sure on high speed... becos 110 it feels 'funny' to me... like even going straight... feels twitchy...

normal speed OK
Image



Image

Freedom isn't Free, it costs people like you and me... Freedom costs a buck 'o five....

User avatar
fred59
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON
Posts: 900
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009

Postby fred59 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:35 pm

Hokay Mark, you've help me made up mind, neuton bo stock, I will go for gdyear, quiet, good wear rate and made in Europe, was told, maybe eastern blok, :shock: Hahaha....

Tyre boss told me my tyres wearout very evenly, use back the same spec won't go wrong and don't have to align anymore, just did 3mths back when tyres toe out more.

Going now b4 rain come.
SEX is one of the nine reasons for re-incarnation, the RESTis not important.

Image

User avatar
fred59
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON
Posts: 900
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009

Postby fred59 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:15 pm

MCDS wrote:Neuton - one of their tyres was driven on track with good reviews... tyre thread look like Goodyear F1...

I think...

Goodyear Assurance? I'm using... not bad for normal drive... not sure on high speed... becos 110 it feels 'funny' to me... like even going straight... feels twitchy...

normal speed OK


Surprise, just realise Neuton tyres are carried by YHI Corporation, tyres must be not bad after all.

Anyway I lup, Goodyear normal E-Grip, just nice heavy rain come, loot the bugger, it holds sia. Quiet ornot donno yet cos raining very hard.

Tyres shop behind Garage R, Targore Drive, Owner sebei farnny, tok on the phone England beri good, like our bro Dadude, saw him he laughing at me and I laughing at him. He told me if busy he can sent someone to drive my car to shop, after saw my car he scratch head, I saw him I laugh until nearly fell off my chair, Lao Ah Beng with one side ear ring, but very nice guy helpful.

He told me Gdyear come from Europe must charge me $110, I say your package is Kumho Ku31 @ $100each, you dun have, alternative must be $100 oso moreover come from Europe, TURKEY oso Europe wat. Your shop behind Garage R prices cannot follow them leh. I will suan him in Car Forum. He lun lun but I pay him $110 he nice guy but he counter me @$105 swee. :lol:
SEX is one of the nine reasons for re-incarnation, the RESTis not important.

Image

User avatar
DaDude
9000rpm Rev Cut
9000rpm Rev Cut
Posts: 3244
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006

Postby DaDude » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:50 am

fred59 wrote:
DaDude wrote:Racer... :lol: :lol: :lol:


Pacer actually :lol: how to be racer, all remote controlled.


Your remote contorl better than some auto hor... LOL 8)
ImageImage

DDM

User avatar
DaDude
9000rpm Rev Cut
9000rpm Rev Cut
Posts: 3244
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006

Postby DaDude » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:52 am

fred59 wrote:
MCDS wrote:Neuton - one of their tyres was driven on track with good reviews... tyre thread look like Goodyear F1...

I think...

Goodyear Assurance? I'm using... not bad for normal drive... not sure on high speed... becos 110 it feels 'funny' to me... like even going straight... feels twitchy...

normal speed OK


Surprise, just realise Neuton tyres are carried by YHI Corporation, tyres must be not bad after all.

Anyway I lup, Goodyear normal E-Grip, just nice heavy rain come, loot the bugger, it holds sia. Quiet ornot donno yet cos raining very hard.

Tyres shop behind Garage R, Targore Drive, Owner sebei farnny, tok on the phone England beri good, like our bro Dadude, saw him he laughing at me and I laughing at him. He told me if busy he can sent someone to drive my car to shop, after saw my car he scratch head, I saw him I laugh until nearly fell off my chair, Lao Ah Beng with one side ear ring, but very nice guy helpful.

He told me Gdyear come from Europe must charge me $110, I say your package is Kumho Ku31 @ $100each, you dun have, alternative must be $100 oso moreover come from Europe, TURKEY oso Europe wat. Your shop behind Garage R prices cannot follow them leh. I will suan him in Car Forum. He lun lun but I pay him $110 he nice guy but he counter me @$105 swee. :lol:


Sorry my england so so nia... not like MarkyCanDiauSeh... lol
ImageImage

DDM

User avatar
MCDS
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator
Posts: 7871
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2004
Location: Somewhere... out there.....

Postby MCDS » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:28 am

Ahem!!

bro Dude... mine England not so farntastiac ok? ONLY bluff people a bit can...

hang satu (scare them)

actually no standard one... u kena bluff har? >.<
Image



Image

Freedom isn't Free, it costs people like you and me... Freedom costs a buck 'o five....

User avatar
DaDude
9000rpm Rev Cut
9000rpm Rev Cut
Posts: 3244
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006

Postby DaDude » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:35 pm

MCDS wrote:Ahem!!

bro Dude... mine England not so farntastiac ok? ONLY bluff people a bit can...

hang satu (scare them)

actually no standard one... u kena bluff har? >.<
:lol: :lol:
ImageImage

DDM

User avatar
fred59
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON
Posts: 900
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009

Postby fred59 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:56 am

DaDude wrote:
MCDS wrote:Ahem!!

bro Dude... mine England not so farntastiac ok? ONLY bluff people a bit can...

hang satu (scare them)

actually no standard one... u kena bluff har? >.<
:lol: :lol:


I tod you only jiak kantang not rice. :lol:

Long time no see liao. Got a close fren bought a 3yrs old EVO10 AT, complain the gearbox ai kaput very noisy, when I met him, previous owner change to sports clutch, buy good car donno how to use.

MCDS wrote:Goodyear Assurance? I'm using... not bad for normal drive... not sure on high speed... becos 110 it feels 'funny' to me... like even going straight... feels twitchy...

normal speed OK


OK using GY efficientGrip for few days after scrubbing in, abit jelly above 100km maybe due to the noise technology GUM STRIP but normal use no complain. Made in Germany.
SEX is one of the nine reasons for re-incarnation, the RESTis not important.

Image


Return to “Civic ES / EU / EP”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest