Unanswered topics Active topics

2013 January 8 to 14 - TO THAILAND HONDA FIX CAR!

Civic model year 2000 -2005
se@n
3000rpm
3000rpm

Post by se@n » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:01 pm

As I said earlier, bro Fred, you are lucky lor. 12 trips also never kanna asked. The 2nd of my 2 trips I kanna asked liao. The policeman at the checkpoint was obviously fishing as I broke no law and yet he made me stop and asked to see EVERY SINGLE legal document I was suppose to have. I disappointed him when I had everything he asked for and he had to let me carry on my way without...

fred59
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by fred59 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:57 pm

se@n wrote:As I said earlier, bro Fred, you are lucky lor. 12 trips also never kanna asked. The 2nd of my 2 trips I kanna asked liao. The policeman at the checkpoint was obviously fishing as I broke no law and yet he made me stop and asked to see EVERY SINGLE legal document I was suppose to have. I disappointed him when I had everything he asked for and he had to let me carry on my way without...
I was fined before for not having 3rd party coverage on one trip but only 500bahts(S$20). Did not asked for my international lic.? Anyway it only cost S$10 to apply for a AA permit.

Cheers
SEX is one of the nine reasons for re-incarnation, the RESTis not important.

fred59
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by fred59 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:31 pm

For those who wish to google up the location and workshop before going up

fred59
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by fred59 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:20 pm

In order not to over shot the final waiting point for those express group going up this jan 8, posted the Kayu Hitam custom checkpoint, situated the other end of the NSHW dead end if you follow the BUKIT KAYU HITAM direction which you will never missed or lost, before this spot where I took the shot there are rows of Kopi and Makan kedai and petrol stations, love hotels, Insurance and money changers, better to park on the main road infront of the kedai you resting or you can use the free carpark on my turning left which is for my custom use.

MCDS will call for a debrief mid dec before we disembark, wat documents, how to communicate, where to meet at final stops, for sure the convoy will be split up after roughly 12 hours drive, I belief this is first of SHC LONG WAY UP convoy and its all ESs.

Intent to stay the same hotel, EAT, SHIT AND SLEEP for the couple of days, this will be our carpark :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is ARIYA MOTOR (HONDA) where we will fix/mod whatever there for 2 or 3 days :lol:

This is wat I did on my ride last January.

Imageto-23.jpg[/IMG]

fred59
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by fred59 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:17 pm

In case I forgot during our briefing, very important, those who arrive early, please do not loiter into the custom premises during non operational hours, cos during this time, the custom premises were empowered to the armies and they will hesitate to pump bulletosinto u. :axe: [/b]

Those going to hoot k24 or converting into a rocket, don't bring cash usd$10,000 or more, prohibited.

rOcH
9000rpm Rev Cut
9000rpm Rev Cut

Post by rOcH » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:34 am

Thank you bro fred59 for the advise.

Cr 01/Sep/2008

The following has been extracted from the Thaivisa.com website

Thai Driving License
An international driving license is not required for persons with Driving Licenses of the following countries irrespective of the citizenship:
Singapore, Malaysia, Laos

For those without an international driving license, a local thai license can be obtained against the Driving License of their respective country at the Land Transport Department.

Not able to join you guys in jan, so i make my way there already.

fred59
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by fred59 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:47 pm

You must be experiencing a sore bump now. :lol:

anyway :partyman: youve made it there.

Dont loose that piece of permit issued for your vehicle which you have to serender on the way back at the last booth. Thats the value of your car, like a passport for your car.

Cheers

MCDS
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator

Post by MCDS » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:37 pm

Fred

Can roughly put out time table?

eg

8 Jan 2013

1500H Meet? haha

1900 cross causeway

(time) Malacca A&W stop and refuel and snack and stretch and smoke etc.

(time) KL any stop? top up tanks etc.

(time) Ipoh? stop for night snack? hor fun? massage? Petrol?

(time) Marathon start - non stop to Penang?

(time) reach meet point with Macross etc?

(0600 thailand time) cross boarder (what is local time?)

Checkbag - passport, car log card in your name, insurance, cash, ... cigarettes? camera, phone, etc..... Fred pls put it down here what is a MUST, what is optional)

lidat can? then all who miss the meeitngs can still have idea... those want to ambush us also get good idea hahahahaha... we not following strictly - those joining must come meetup la...

Freedom isn't Free, it costs people like you and me... Freedom costs a buck 'o five....

fred59
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by fred59 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:43 pm

Thanks for the reminder, MCDS

8 Jan 2013 (Departure Tuesday Evening)

My assumption plan of a non competitive cruising up NSHW around 110-120km/h
Enter Custom before 5.30-6.00pm, not after 6.00, my experience (jam but not heavy)

6.30pm -- cross causeway, meet at first shell station after CIQ (Topup food or tabao Ji Char cos food sold at RR quite plain and no choice, ever kanna a stop whole row selling nasi lemak, topup fuel)

8.30-9.00pm –– Malacca A&W stop and refuel and snack and stretch and smoke etc.

10.30 - 11.00pm -- Skip KL hit into Putrajaya exit Nilai, stop over just after Shah Alam, Sungai Buloh b4 exiting into Rawang. Nice Macdonald and Dunking Donuts snack with hot coffee. Sheltered together with petrol station and safe bright parking right infront and clean Mac toilet. Fuel should be around half tank mark. I will skip, travel light.

1.30 - 2.00am -- Either Bidor, Tapah or Gopeng, refueling and short stop pending on our Bladder power and bypass ipoh cos no more pay toll at Ipoh anymore and the high speed winding hill challenge comes but carefull with the AES camera at the end of it.

3.00 - 3.30am -- Short pee stop either Jawi or Sungai Baharu, non stop pass butterworth/Penang cos traffic at butterworth can get very crazy in early morning rush, I meant all the tau lorlees.

Last short stop either at Gurun or Alor Setar for fuel or we can skip and topup at Bukit Kayu Hitam.

5.00-5.30am reach meet point with Macross.

The checkpoint will be open at 6.00am Malaysia Time (Thai one hour ahead) will spend half an hour at custom for paper works, guys hold on to your whatever paper work just like your passport, only serender on the way out at the exit booth. Just show them at whatever TP or Custom stops ahead if there is one. 50km exact from Sadao Checkpoint to Hotel around an hour, please watch out for dogs, monks, bikes, trikes or tututs turning out, other den that most pigkarps there are quite considerate drivers even though they are turbo charged.

Checkbag - passport, car log card in your name (just bring photo copy will do), Sg insurance (just incase), cash not more den US$10,000, camera, phone(will let you have my malaysia number), etc..... photocopy a set of all documents, thai insurance must be display like our roadtax disc. I would usually bring more ringgits and some bahts for expenses, hotels and road side stalls accepts ringgits also and balance can use for fuel topup in Jb later. Can oso change over to bahts at Hatyai, not much diff in exchange rates. No need International Lic as googled by bro ROCH, as I always think Singapore Lic are accepted in many countries even Japan

Those using credit cards for Honda Agents, they dont accept AMEX, only Visa and Master or you can use POSB or any other ATMs with the Cirrus or Maestro Logo (Yellow and Red circles) can draw cash nearby Honda (Bangkok Bank) or in town National Bank, $5 service charge only.

rOcH
9000rpm Rev Cut
9000rpm Rev Cut

Post by rOcH » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:47 pm

fred59 wrote:You must be experiencing a sore bump now. :lol:

anyway :partyman: youve made it there.

Dont loose that piece of permit issued for your vehicle which you have to serender on the way back at the last booth. Thats the value of your car, like a passport for your car.

Cheers

I have actually returned from hatyai. Were there last week. There is only one counter doing the vehicle permit therefore, most of the time is spent waiting in the queue. Took me 1 hour to get the permit while passport is cleared in 5mins.

I actually cross into thailand without having my passport stamped and vehicle permit. No one stop me :lol: :lol: :lol:
Parked my vehicle in nearby street and make my way back to the sadao check point to get all my document done. The officer didn't even check my insurance paper just my vehicle log card and passport.

Obtain my thailand third party insurance at sadao check point for 150bht (3 days) and RM2 per white card filled.

Coming back, the officer will need to visually see your vehicle, therefore, it is advisable to park your vehicle near to the office so that he/she can see easily. The officer will not accept your return form if no visual on the vehicle.

For those who has GPS, this is the co-ordinate

Honda Service Centre - N 07deg 00.934 E 100deg 28.481
Central Department Store - N 07deg 00.358 E 100deg 28.251
(Central DS is about 1.2km walking distance from Honda Service Centre)

rOcH
9000rpm Rev Cut
9000rpm Rev Cut

Post by rOcH » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:02 am

FYi, no walkie talkie usage in Thailand. If you have to use, make sure you hide them well especially during road block or stop by the authority. Fine should be in the region of 20,000bht but as a foreigner, your passport will be safe-keep by the authority while you will be detained until appearance in district court. Bribe at own risk.

Traffic lights on the smaller town are not in their best condition, please approach junction with care. Last minute beating of red light is common so please refrain from sprinting when the green light goes in your flavor.

Highway speed limit in land of smiles is 120km/hr.

Language is a challenge at Honda. I think only one speak limited english - her name is Yao, a young lady in her twenties.

fred59
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by fred59 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:12 pm

rOcH wrote:FYi, no walkie talkie usage in Thailand. If you have to use, make sure you hide them well especially during road block or stop by the authority. Fine should be in the region of 20,000bht but as a foreigner, your passport will be safe-keep by the authority while you will be detained until appearance in district court. Bribe at own risk.

Traffic lights on the smaller town are not in their best condition, please approach junction with care. Last minute beating of red light is common so please refrain from sprinting when the green light goes in your flavor.

Highway speed limit in land of smiles is 120km/hr.

Language is a challenge at Honda. I think only one speak limited english - her name is Yao, a young lady in her twenties.
I dont speed in Tomyam land so no issue with traffic there, already got used to the controlled junctions after so many trips. Highway speed limit all the while I tod no LIMIT at your own risk cos ambulance might not come so soon. :lol:

Dec is quite a happening in Thai, so you were caught in their frenzy, Ive never queue up for more den an hour before maybe they saw my condition and let me cut queue. Customs there some can speak teochew.

YAO was the one plain chio bu attending to me too, quite irritating at times, she will still inform you of the cost if new problems with your ride even telling her to go ahead, the manager oso can speak english, a short and dark gentleman very nice man.

Did you tell her more of us are coming in Jan? Can share what you done there? And what parts are not available there so we can call up to order, cos anything coming from Bangkok will take 2-3 days.

rOcH
9000rpm Rev Cut
9000rpm Rev Cut

Post by rOcH » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:46 pm

fred59 wrote: I dont speed in Tomyam land so no issue with traffic there, already got used to the controlled junctions after so many trips. Highway speed limit all the while I tod no LIMIT at your own risk cos ambulance might not come so soon. :lol:

Dec is quite a happening in Thai, so you were caught in their frenzy, Ive never queue up for more den an hour before maybe they saw my condition and let me cut queue. Customs there some can speak teochew.

YAO was the one plain chio bu attending to me too, quite irritating at times, she will still inform you of the cost if new problems with your ride even telling her to go ahead, the manager oso can speak english, a short and dark gentleman very nice man.

Did you tell her more of us are coming in Jan? Can share what you done there? And what parts are not available there so we can call up to order, cos anything coming from Bangkok will take 2-3 days.
I don't speed in Thailand too :lol:
Do whatever you want but don't get caught.

I didn't tell her about your trip in jan. I don't think she is at managerial level whom can decide to stock up more parts. I did an engine overhaul for 2 days in Honda. Noticed that they are ISO certified company. Yao inform me that they did not change my fuel filter as mine is a different version. This is what I hear from her but I think it could be that they ran out of stock.

Not sure what the guys wants to do to their cars, except macross wants to overhaul his transmission. I would recommend that you guys drop them an email stating what jobs or repair you guys are seeking so they can get the parts before hand. 3 days minimum to overhaul transmission and will cost at least 5000bht.

The clause is that they will repair subjected to parts availability.

Don't borther to call if you can't speak Thai. They will simply hang up the phone.
To play safe, make sure you secure your hotel room if staying over the weekend. Hotel rooms will be in demand during weekend especially those popular hotels sited near major shopping malls.

fred59
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by fred59 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:58 pm

I din change my fuel filter the last time I went. Not a biggie, will do it later in Singapore. So your big one is done, did they allow you to be present while they are doing it? Did mine last time only some minor touchup and mountings, tyres.

Only Macross will be doing the most makeover for his ride, hope he call up YAO and speak to her about the tranny overhaul. She is not the decision makers but she can bring it up with the Manager I believe she can. Just mention the special guy on a ES she will remember. :lol: 5000baht is dirt cheep for a tranny repair

Wish the agent could be much nearer to Singapore actually, so our ride could be tip top at all times. :lol: :lol: :lol:

rOcH
9000rpm Rev Cut
9000rpm Rev Cut

Post by rOcH » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:33 pm

They didn't stop me from going into the working bay to look look see see.

I think they have ready parts for the transmission. I was recommended by the service advisor - PAT to do the overhaul. But my wifey is not prepare to stay another 3 days and we miss our kids. Furthermore, I wasn't having any issue with the tranny so I decided to pass on that.

This trip is fun. I am incline to do a road trip up further north to chiang mai in the near future. Hopefully before I scrape my ES, parting with wonderful memories.