Unanswered topics Active topics

Sound from front under carriage

Civic model year 2000 -2005
addyng
1000rpm
1000rpm

Sound from under chassic front

Post by addyng » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:14 pm

Bro, my es5 same problem as your. Just done at JB workshop replace original lower arm brush. Total got 4 brushing for left and right. Just RM $420 plus labour

MCDS
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator

Post by MCDS » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:24 pm

you could have replaced ALL 22-24 pcs with polyutherene bushes for SGD$750...

erm... is that cheeper? my math just went out for world tour...

Freedom isn't Free, it costs people like you and me... Freedom costs a buck 'o five....

fred59
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Re: Sound from under chassic front

Post by fred59 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:59 pm

addyng wrote:Bro, my es5 same problem as your. Just done at JB workshop replace original lower arm brush. Total got 4 brushing for left and right. Just RM $420 plus labour
MCDS wrote:you could have replaced ALL 22-24 pcs with polyutherene bushes for SGD$750...

Its only when I lowered my ride even more dat the soundssss... started to surface, not blaming the adjustments made but its a sign dat my rubbers are hardened and screaming to be replace. I knew its not just the steering rack bushes alone cos more and more klok klok sounds are surfacing every day I start the engine.

I guess I will change all 22-24 bushes at one go instead of guessing where the sound come from and spending more $$$ and time trouble shooting.

The ride has served me very well and I shouldnt agnore when it is knocking for replacements.

One thing I wan to know bro Mark, does the 22-24 bushes comes wif the 3 engines mounts or seperate replacements? I think superpro has a complete package with the mounts.

My engine mounts has not vibrate yet but I think I wan to change dat too, has never been replace before since day one.
SEX is one of the nine reasons for re-incarnation, the RESTis not important.

addyng
1000rpm
1000rpm

Replace Chassic Brushing

Post by addyng » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:22 am

The main problem is the lower arm that the rubber brush worn and metal hit metal sound and this front lower arm brush need to take out from the chassic and use machine to pump out the 4 brushing, labour cost is higher than others. RM $420 is only $165. if replace all in JB I think is much cheaper than in singapore. if $750 convert to RM is $1800

DaDude
9000rpm Rev Cut
9000rpm Rev Cut

Re: Sound from under chassic front

Post by DaDude » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:06 am

fred59 wrote:
addyng wrote:Bro, my es5 same problem as your. Just done at JB workshop replace original lower arm brush. Total got 4 brushing for left and right. Just RM $420 plus labour
MCDS wrote:you could have replaced ALL 22-24 pcs with polyutherene bushes for SGD$750...

Its only when I lowered my ride even more dat the soundssss... started to surface, not blaming the adjustments made but its a sign dat my rubbers are hardened and screaming to be replace. I knew its not just the steering rack bushes alone cos more and more klok klok sounds are surfacing every day I start the engine.

I guess I will change all 22-24 bushes at one go instead of guessing where the sound come from and spending more $$$ and time trouble shooting.

The ride has served me very well and I shouldnt agnore when it is knocking for replacements.

One thing I wan to know bro Mark, does the 22-24 bushes comes wif the 3 engines mounts or seperate replacements? I think superpro has a complete package with the mounts.

My engine mounts has not vibrate yet but I think I wan to change dat too, has never been replace before since day one.
Engine mounts come in seperate order. Ride will be too harsh with engine mounts causing heavy vibrations. Unless you are ok with that, than its alright.
ImageImage
DDM

MCDS
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator

Post by MCDS » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:20 am

I been using Engine Mount inserts since like right after running it in... the vibration when car is idling is TERRIBLE...

but when driving, the feeling is totally different. The engine's behaviour is directly transferred to the driver and the steering wheel 'tingle' in your hands...

the car becomes really connected plus you regain the power lost through vibration which is quite a lot actually... almost 8% some say... more...

so it's up to you to live with the vibration during idle...

those like to use the car as stationary office - start car, put air con on, for hours on end... must not use the engine inserts... everything will rattle lose... :)

Freedom isn't Free, it costs people like you and me... Freedom costs a buck 'o five....

Krado
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by Krado » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:41 pm

Ehhhh.... think i need to do that soon too. :P

MCDS
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator

Post by MCDS » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:54 pm

Krado wrote:

Ehhhh.... think i need to do that soon too. :P

I still have the box... everything intact... u want it back? :)

same price :) I dun charge for storage... hee hee...

but seriously, with the US dollar fallling so much, Energy is a damn good buy...

check with bro rOcH.. I think is just recentl installed it... although, comparing with te superPro... there is a visual and marked difference in the design and quality... but it will do the job well... and much cheeper too...

as to the SPro... Auzie dollar is going up... I shud peg it if selling other people... IF...

edt@es
2000rpm
2000rpm

Post by edt@es » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:26 am

hi,

I just collected my 2005 ES5 auto last week. I have also similar problem wherby whenever i move my vehicle on stall position or making some turns, this single tok sound came out. This situation happen most of the time. Can anyone advise what is the problem.

My car is original stock condition with no modification done.

Thanks.
ES ROCKS!!!

fred59
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by fred59 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:20 pm

At first klok sound only when i gased it, now even when gear change and another sound oso appear, ticking sound, its already a month pass I have not do anything yet, the ticking sound dissapeared but other sound arises kind of get use to it already except like wat bro dude says nothing will happen accept the ride will be harsh, will get it done after the nov-dec busy period. Hopefully the mounts comes in at the same time and change it at one go, my first and stock mount. :lol:

fred59
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by fred59 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:02 pm

Finally after 3 months of tokking, problem solved, not the steering rack end.

Got both replaced.

MCDS
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator

Post by MCDS » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:27 pm

those are the ball joints... I have a spare pair lying around from Moog... seems to be extremely good although some preferred others and even stock... yet to install in mine... no 'tok' sound from there yet...

:)
Last edited by MCDS on Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

edt@es
2000rpm
2000rpm

Post by edt@es » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:04 pm

What is the actual word for this item or just 'balljont' alone? I have the similar problem with this tok sound coming whenever i made a turn, my mech checked my car and suspect its the rack end problem. I doesn't seem to be agreed with him as my problem happened only when im on the move, during stall position and by moving my steering left to right doesnt have the tok sound, so im quite sure it has something to do with a support or connecting point to the car.

By looking at the photo, it seem to be the answer im looking for. I will try to buy a set and get it replace and hopefully this toktok sound will be setter.
ES ROCKS!!!

MCDS
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator

Post by MCDS » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:34 am

Look at the How to sticky thread... latest update posts have the MOOG ball joint part number, and link to what was done etc LOCALLY... so you can see if that is the joint you suspect spoil...

see this link for the pictures of the item and how installed... same like the pictures above? just that the parts are not Honda original - they are Upgrade? OEM? supposed to be 'better' so you decide.

price in sgp of course not same as in Thailand la...

here's the link:
http://www.shc-forum.com/viewtopic.php? ... highlight=[/url]

fred59
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by fred59 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:20 pm

edt@es wrote:What is the actual word for this item or just 'balljont' alone? I have the similar problem with this tok sound coming whenever i made a turn, my mech checked my car and suspect its the rack end problem. I doesn't seem to be agreed with him as my problem happened only when im on the move, during stall position and by moving my steering left to right doesnt have the tok sound, so im quite sure it has something to do with a support or connecting point to the car.

By looking at the photo, it seem to be the answer im looking for. I will try to buy a set and get it replace and hopefully this toktok sound will be setter.
At first I oso suspect the steering rack end, mechanic there told me faulty steering rack will only vibrate. They returned every damaged parts to me except old oils.

I used stock joints cos my ride almost total stock acceptable stock comfort. :lol:

No more tok sound, you can choose not to changed it but got to live with the sound, the wheels wont drop off.