Unanswered topics Active topics

Broken compartment can be fixed?

Home Of The Accordians
EasternCanuck
4000rpm
4000rpm

Broken compartment can be fixed?

Post by EasternCanuck » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:14 pm

My new,second hand, CL7A has a broken compartment and I am wondering if it is possible to either fix it or replace it?

It's the fold down compartment on the driver's side, bottom right of the steering wheel. I have the compartment but the guy who owned it before me broke the little clasps.

Can this part be purchased here? Worth replacing if I can't fix it?

Thanks

EC

pReTeNd3R
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Re: Broken compartment can be fixed?

Post by pReTeNd3R » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:27 pm

EasternCanuck wrote:My new,second hand, CL7A has a broken compartment and I am wondering if it is possible to either fix it or replace it?

It's the fold down compartment on the driver's side, bottom right of the steering wheel. I have the compartment but the guy who owned it before me broke the little clasps.

Thanks

EC
I think you try go to thian seng at Waterloo street.
ImageImage

EasternCanuck
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by EasternCanuck » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:01 pm

Cheers! Thank you. Will check that out tomorrow.

Many thanks!

pReTeNd3R
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by pReTeNd3R » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:04 pm

EasternCanuck wrote:Cheers! Thank you. Will check that out tomorrow.

Many thanks!
Welcome. Since u stay at marine parade, you can join viper76 n guys at hong kong cafe almost every thurs at upper east coast rd.
ImageImage

EasternCanuck
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by EasternCanuck » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:43 pm

Thanks!

They were most kind to invite to the last one but my ride only came this past Friday.

Not too sure I'd know what they were talking about in their discussions. :) I'm very 'noob' with this kind of stuff - but I'm enjoying the learning process.

EC

fatelmo
East Deviants Moderator
East Deviants Moderator

Post by fatelmo » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:42 am

EasternCanuck wrote:Thanks!

They were most kind to invite to the last one but my ride only came this past Friday.

Not too sure I'd know what they were talking about in their discussions. :) I'm very 'noob' with this kind of stuff - but I'm enjoying the learning process.

EC
Nobody knows everything. I am sire we are all learning everyday. It is just a matter of you learnt them early or later :)

Tml I might be doing some DIY at one of the MSCP along Marine Parade. If free pop by :)

viper76
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by viper76 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:41 pm

fatelmo wrote:
EasternCanuck wrote:Thanks!

EC
Nobody knows everything. I am sire we are all learning everyday. It is just a matter of you learnt them early or later :)

Tml I might be doing some DIY at one of the MSCP along Marine Parade. If free pop by :)
bro DIY wat sia ??

transparent_days
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by transparent_days » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:11 pm

EasternCanuck wrote:My new,second hand, CL7A has a broken compartment and I am wondering if it is possible to either fix it or replace it?

Thanks

EC
Bro,

I also recently broke that little clasps. Tried using super glue to stock back, but the force to lock the bracket to the clasp is still too much.

I think might have to replace the panel... but if you found the solution, pls tell me.

fatelmo
East Deviants Moderator
East Deviants Moderator

Post by fatelmo » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:46 pm

viper76 wrote:
bro DIY wat sia ??
DIY cf bonnet sticker. Damage = $30

How u know how much those installer are earning :)

2cubed
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by 2cubed » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:03 am

transparent_days wrote:

Thanks

EC
Bro,

I also recently broke that little clasps. Tried using super glue to stock back, but the force to lock the bracket to the clasp is still too much.

I think might have to replace the panel... but if you found the solution, pls tell me.
Ok I am going to suggest this cos I broke mine within a week of receiving my brand new CL7. Not sure which part is broken on yours but Mine broke at the plastic stub that sticks out which snap locks it in place. I mended it by screwing a self tapping screw to reinforce it together with epoxy 2 part glue. Took a bit time for everything to set but managed to get it done.

EasternCanuck
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by EasternCanuck » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:27 pm

transparent_days wrote:

Thanks

EC
Bro,

Will do! Hope to get there this weekend - couldn't find the time before.

EC

transparent_days
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by transparent_days » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:45 pm

2cubed wrote:
transparent_days wrote:

Thanks

EC
Bro,

Ok I am going to suggest this cos I broke mine within a week of receiving my brand new CL7. Not sure which part is broken on yours but Mine broke at the plastic stub that sticks out which snap locks it in place. I mended it by screwing a self tapping screw to reinforce it together with epoxy 2 part glue. Took a bit time for everything to set but managed to get it done.
Bro,

Just to confirm the steps

You use a self tapping screw to screw onto the existing plastic stub that broke off and onto the panel?

Of the self tapping srew is to replace the broken stub?

Becos the existing stub is so small, how can it be done?

2cubed
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by 2cubed » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:22 am

transparent_days wrote:
2cubed wrote:
transparent_days wrote: Bro,

Bro,

Just to confirm the steps

You use a self tapping screw to screw onto the existing plastic stub that broke off and onto the panel?

Of the self tapping srew is to replace the broken stub?

Becos the existing stub is so small, how can it be done?

I used a pretty small screw (slightly bigger than the spectacles type) to screw thru both the stub and holder. Also glued with epoxy.

EasternCanuck
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by EasternCanuck » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:13 pm

FInally got to Thian Seng at Waterloo today (tok so long to ge there!).

I ordered the new compartment. Cost was $58 for speedy delivery (4 weeks instead of 6!). Speedy delivery cost an extra $10. :-)