Unanswered topics Active topics

Airwave GearBOX!!

Home Of The AirwaveRs
xaviergopi

Re:

Post by xaviergopi » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:26 am

jengwe wrote:HI All,

I have a 2006 Airwave, 110k km.

What you describe all seems farmilar to me.

I have resolved mine for SGD24 by replacing a rubber grommet and this valve called the PCV valve.

Rubber hardens and fails around 4-5yrs, this valve is made of plastic with a little plastic plunger and spring which has weakened.

Due to this extra recirculated unburnt fuel and fresh air is making its way into the air intake manifold.

As the airwave's car computer is always learning and adjusting, it keeps telling your engine to compensate until jerks are experienced by your gearbox flywheel and it is worst everytime when the A/C fan starts up.

Intermittenly, when starting off, you may also feel the transmission disconnecting rite?

I would say that this is the only cause, but mine was like this and I lived with it for 3 years till just a few days back.

Bro great that you found the solution. appreciate if you could refer me to your mechanic bro. Thank you :-)

chua44

Re: Airwave GearBOX!!

Post by chua44 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:21 pm

Hi Jengwe,

Just to check if you still know where to get the PCV valve and Grommet as i am also facing this problem with a second hand airwave i just bought.

Thanks.

chua44