Unanswered topics Active topics

Accident and advice needed

Fit / Jazz model year 2008 onwards
Persephone

Accident and advice needed

Post by Persephone » Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:27 am

I was in an accident few days ago, speeding driver hit me at a traffic junction while she was turning right and I was driving straight, green lights. The car spun out of control and landed on pavement. Entire right side damaged. Still very upset because like for no reason minding own business suddenly kena because of bad drivers and somemore I was on my way home from hospital! Definitely claiming damages. Now dunno should claim injury or not. Have bruises and possibly whiplash. Undecided cos driver kept apologising to me.

That aside. My question is this: the damage was mainly body damage and the tow truck towed the car to the workshop. My keys however were locked in the ignition. I could start the engine again but I can't take out my keys at all. It does not seem bent. I don't know much about cars so does anyone have any idea why I cannot remove the keys??? I need to know the extent of the damage besides the body damage.

fitvip
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

CaR IN ACCIDENT

Post by fitvip » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:16 pm

HI,

Sorry to hear that.

I suppose your car is an auto one. In that case, the gear shift has to be in "P" position so that the key can be removed!

Btw, have you reported the accident to your insurer? It has to be done within 24 hours!

redliverpool
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Re: Accident and advice needed

Post by redliverpool » Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:45 pm

Persephone wrote:Now dunno should claim injury or not. Have bruises and possibly whiplash.
YES! it's not about getting back at her to pay for what she did wrong but more more yourself... it's like getting additional insurance for your injury.

Persephone

Post by Persephone » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:45 pm

fitvip: yes mine is an auto and the gear is already at P, but the key is still not removable. I reported it already and the car is in the workshop, waiting for surveyors from both insurance companies to inspect. Heart pain.

redliverpool: ok I should go see the doc and try to get that 3 day mc