Unanswered topics Active topics

Slightly Shaking steering wheel on edix

rkam81

Slightly Shaking steering wheel on edix

Post by rkam81 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:19 pm

I'm having the problem with my edix, the steering wheel start to shake when i step on the brake padel at around 60km/h for slowing down. The steering wheel is not shaking when driving up to 100-120km/h.....

I have change the brake pad, brake disc and tires and the problem still persist. One of the mechanic saw the lower arm bushing broken, will that cause the problem? Where can i get the lower arm bushing, i've called a few shops and they are selling the lower arm assembly, but i only require the bushing. Any guys encounter this problem before? pls help.......

edkhng
2000rpm
2000rpm

Post by edkhng » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:06 pm

Hi Bro, I have this problem before. It is a common problem once the car runs till about 100,000km. Just changed it in JB at around RM 280, which is about S$130 i think. I believed that most mod shops would have it. Just need to ask. Otherwise, JB also have. ha ha.

Hope it helps.

rkam81

Post by rkam81 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:44 am

edkhng wrote:Hi Bro, I have this problem before. It is a common problem once the car runs till about 100,000km. Just changed it in JB at around RM 280, which is about S$130 i think. I believed that most mod shops would have it. Just need to ask. Otherwise, JB also have. ha ha.

Hope it helps.
Do you mean the bushing for both cost rm 280 or both the lower arm assembly?

edkhng
2000rpm
2000rpm

Post by edkhng » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:02 pm

Just the bushing.

rkam81

Re: Slightly Shaking steering wheel on edix

Post by rkam81 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:50 pm

rkam81 wrote:I'm having the problem with my edix, the steering wheel start to shake when i step on the brake padel at around 60km/h for slowing down. The steering wheel is not shaking when driving up to 100-120km/h.....

I have change the brake pad, brake disc and tires and the problem still persist. One of the mechanic saw the lower arm bushing broken, will that cause the problem? Where can i get the lower arm bushing, i've called a few shops and they are selling the lower arm assembly, but i only require the bushing. Any guys encounter this problem before? pls help.......

Bushing Changed but did not worked.The problem still persist, the brake disc that i bought is a aftermarket disc($70 per piece) , i think i'll change to a original honda brake disc and do my alignment again. hope it helps.....
Any other suggestion?

edkhng
2000rpm
2000rpm

Re: Slightly Shaking steering wheel on edix

Post by edkhng » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:54 pm

rkam81 wrote:
rkam81 wrote:I'm having the problem with my edix, the steering wheel start to shake when i step on the brake padel at around 60km/h for slowing down. The steering wheel is not shaking when driving up to 100-120km/h.....

Bushing Changed but did not worked.The problem still persist, the brake disc that i bought is a aftermarket disc($70 per piece) , i think i'll change to a original honda brake disc and do my alignment again. hope it helps.....
Any other suggestion?
You can try bro. But I dont think the brake disc is the problem. If really can fix the problem then it would be good. If cannot, then you need to get professional help already. Beyond my comprehension liao. ha ha.

TheRock610
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by TheRock610 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:04 pm

yes, rotor disc warp may be 1 of the factor...