Unanswered topics Active topics

spark plug

Home Of The Accordians
Vistaek4
3000rpm
3000rpm

spark plug

Post by Vistaek4 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:38 am

Any bro here can advise wad type of spark plug is the best of a stock CL7R Engine?

Fred Perry
2000rpm
2000rpm

Post by Fred Perry » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:22 pm

Denso/NGK iridium.

yan1261
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by yan1261 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:15 pm

NGK racing

Very good

BlackKnight_CM5
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Re: spark plug

Post by BlackKnight_CM5 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:28 pm

Dear Bro,

If you look around plugs like Denso, NGK etc, their core electrode are made of copper. The so called Iridium is basically a hard material coating on the tips of the plug to make it last longer...that's all.

If you look around hard enough, there is a plug call Brisk. These are true SILVER cores. As everyone knows, gold is the best conductor of electricty but bery expensive. Silver is the next best conductor.

With a good conductivity, there's no need for add-on stuff like spark optimiser etc....a good conductor = good spark :wink:

You can check out their website www.brisk.com.sg

Have fun shopping!
V istaek4 wrote:Any bro here can advise wad type of spark plug is the best of a stock CL7R Engine?

hifi1
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by hifi1 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:41 pm

Stick to stock NGK or Denso. Apparently Denso last a bit longer :wink:
Why everything I like I cannot afford and LTA cannot passed?

lfwd15
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by lfwd15 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:24 am

BlackKnight_CM5 wrote:Dear Bro,

If you look around plugs like Denso, NGK etc, their core electrode are made of copper. The so called Iridium is basically a hard material coating on the tips of the plug to make it last longer...that's all.

If you look around hard enough, there is a plug call Brisk. These are true SILVER cores. As everyone knows, gold is the best conductor of electricty but bery expensive. Silver is the next best conductor.

With a good conductivity, there's no need for add-on stuff like spark optimiser etc....a good conductor = good spark :wink:

Have fun shopping!
V istaek4 wrote:Any bro here can advise wad type of spark plug is the best of a stock CL7R Engine?
Yes... one time of brisk is like 2 times of denso/ngk. I prefer the "nothing beats new" philosophy so the latter is better for me.

:lol: :lol:
Learning is a journey. There's never an end to it. ;)

BlackKnight_CM5
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by BlackKnight_CM5 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:54 am

Brisk should be able to maintain the spark quality right up till 30k. Others...maybe will start to have poorer spark quality after 10 - 20 k. Losing FC over the last 30K should be enough to cover up the difference between Brisk and Denso/NGK?
lfwd15 wrote:

Have fun shopping!
Yes... one time of brisk is like 2 times of denso/ngk. I prefer the "nothing beats new" philosophy so the latter is better for me.

Vistaek4
3000rpm
3000rpm

Post by Vistaek4 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:57 am

Thx all the bros here .. think is times to change my spark plug, Fc super jialat nw.. lol

cArRotZ
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by cArRotZ » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:34 pm

hi all.

Just to add on. i changed from NGK to Brisk Platinium from my previous ride (Lancer CS3) and then bring it over the my cl7. Been on it for 15k already. Was told by salesperson that can use it to 40k.

Car doesn't need lots of sparks or chocking to start. Good plug. FC maintains though it's 15k already. I bought at 125 for 4 i think. GOod plug.

BlackKnight_CM5
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by BlackKnight_CM5 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:38 pm

Hi Bro,

I used to believe in this theory as well, you know, "it's always better to have a shower twice a day then to use a good body foam with added moisture to last a day"......but my views changed when this incident happened to me. I used to change my engine oil every 4K-5K using cheap oil bought from Supermarket. However, there was once when I really rev all the way from Tuas to Sentosa, my oil temp shot up all the way and have this beeping noise from my Defi gauges. That's when I realised that my engine oil is lousy. That was also the reason why I changed to a quality oil that's proven to hold high temp during "spirited" driving for prolonged period of time...especially to NSHW.

Now back to spark plugs......actually if one can change their normal copper spark plugs during every oil change, that would be the most cost effective and one can be assured that the quality of spark maintains. No need for Iridium, platinium etc cos they will lose their effectiveness after prolonged use.

However, I am still on Brisk LGS ($176) :shock: cos I like the "theory" of using silver for conductivity. They said that it's good up to 30K to 45K. I have used it all the way up to 80k on my last change and the plugs still looks alright. BUT...U know....there's always the urge to "just change" and hope for some "better" butt feel BUT to no avail. Guess the old plugs are still good :roll: This is the so call "itcy backside" syndrome...kekeke :lol:

:lol: Discliamer: The a/m are based on my personal experience and may differ from others. :wink:
lfwd15 wrote:

Have fun shopping!

blurblur2
5000rpm
5000rpm

Post by blurblur2 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:37 am

One of the reasons for using long life plugs is the difficulty to access to the plugs, e.g. FD2 - prolonged change interval is desirable.

Also, changing plugs too often will not do any good to the treaded aluminium engine head.

Bottomline - just go with what's comfortable with your heart/ butt and pocket.

lfwd15
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by lfwd15 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:55 pm

BlackKnight_CM5 wrote:Hi Bro,

I used to believe in this theory as well, you know, "it's always better to have a shower twice a day then to use a good body foam with added moisture to last a day"......but my views changed when this incident happened to me. I used to change my engine oil every 4K-5K using cheap oil bought from Supermarket. However, there was once when I really rev all the way from Tuas to Sentosa, my oil temp shot up all the way and have this beeping noise from my Defi gauges. That's when I realised that my engine oil is lousy. That was also the reason why I changed to a quality oil that's proven to hold high temp during "spirited" driving for prolonged period of time...especially to NSHW.

Now back to spark plugs......actually if one can change their normal copper spark plugs during every oil change, that would be the most cost effective and one can be assured that the quality of spark maintains. No need for Iridium, platinium etc cos they will lose their effectiveness after prolonged use.

However, I am still on Brisk LGS ($176) :shock: cos I like the "theory" of using silver for conductivity. They said that it's good up to 30K to 45K. I have used it all the way up to 80k on my last change and the plugs still looks alright. BUT...U know....there's always the urge to "just change" and hope for some "better" butt feel BUT to no avail. Guess the old plugs are still good :roll: This is the so call "itcy backside" syndrome...kekeke :lol:

:lol: Discliamer: The a/m are based on my personal experience and may differ from others. :wink:
lfwd15 wrote:

Have fun shopping!

Wa... now I'm tempted to try the plugs.

thanks for sharing... :)

Upz...
Learning is a journey. There's never an end to it. ;)

BlackKnight_CM5
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by BlackKnight_CM5 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:08 pm

Kekeke....U also got the "itchy backside" syndrome liao? :lol:
lfwd15 wrote:
BlackKnight_CM5 wrote:Hi Bro,

lfwd15 wrote: Yes... one time of brisk is like 2 times of denso/ngk. I prefer the "nothing beats new" philosophy so the latter is better for me.

Wa... now I'm tempted to try the plugs.

thanks for sharing... :)

Upz...

trickster
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by trickster » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:11 am

Try NGK IRIWAY Series... :supz:

Vistaek4
3000rpm
3000rpm

Post by Vistaek4 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:45 pm

Any bro help can help to explain to mi wad is the diff of denso plug IK20 & IK20L ? If Euro R running wif IK20 not Ik20L anything happen??