Unanswered topics Active topics

change to tyre size 235/55/17 need advice....

Home Of The CrossroadeRs
jefferyjoel
4000rpm
4000rpm

Re: Fitting Grandtrek AT3

Post by jefferyjoel » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:06 pm

Kev10 wrote:Hi all

I am new to the forum and I am thinking of fitting the Dunlop Grandtrek AT3 (225/70/R16). I am fitting this after doing a 1.5 inch (4 cm) lift to the front and back. An alternative I am considering is the Yoko Geolander 215/70/R16 from Stamford tire also available with OWL.

Appreciate if you can share your experience with the Dunlop tire. I met a RAV4 driver there and he commented that the Dunlop will be noisier compared to the Yoko. I read a review on the Dunlop, the feedback was positive and that it said that it was designed to be quiet.

I am also not sure if it will be a problem clearing the fenders but I will share my exprience if I do the fitting. I already saw some fellow XRD drivers with this tire, hope you can let me know your experience.

Kev
once you raise ur ride, i doubt there'll be any problem with these tyre but do lookout if u go for steel rim with 0 or negative offset rims. i'm on 225/70 R16 dunlop at3 owl tyre, didn't raise my ride, so far so good, no rub fender as well. but confirm noisy :(

by e way, any1 knows how to "re-paint" the faded owl lettering? mine turning black soon...

Bad Data
5000rpm
5000rpm

Re: Fitting Grandtrek AT3

Post by Bad Data » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:40 pm

jefferyjoel wrote: by e way, any1 knows how to "re-paint" the faded owl lettering? mine turning black soon...
Bro, no need to repaint, its a tedious process and furthermore the paint might not last. What i did was to spray it with strong cleaning solution (for my case i use my rim cleaner solution) leave it for a few minutes, use a brush, preferably those plastic brush, and brush it over. Voila! it'll be as clean as new. :wink:

oprimau
1000rpm
1000rpm

Post by oprimau » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:41 pm

Hi all, m looking to change a new set of tyres. Am currently using Yoko Geolandar 215/65/16. Any recommendations re the tyre shop and brand/specs? Thanks!