Unanswered topics Active topics

Help.. Honda Fit Jerking

Fit / Jazz model year 2002 - 2007
bnlchs
5000rpm
5000rpm

Post by bnlchs » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:56 pm

Just go and flush your gear box. I did mine at yap brothers.

diondevil

Post by diondevil » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:44 pm

hi, just joined th club today pardon me for any mistakes. had issues like stalling and jerking with my 05 gd too, found out that it was actually the coils and the spark plug probs. as the coils were damaged, the spark plug were exposed and damaged the other plugs. changed 2 coils and all 8 plugs and prob solved. mafan wen with 8 plugs wen normal car like airwave only has 4

@swat

Post by @swat » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:04 pm

So if its a common issue is there like a common solution or any recommended workshop to geet it fixed? Any workshops in jb able to do it as well?

KaiKai

Post by KaiKai » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:34 pm

I just got myself a 2nd hand car A honda fit '07 (GD1)

During test drive and testing there was no jerking or vibration.

But recently I felt some vibration or jerking during low revs and and vibrations.. is this also cuae for concern?... do i need to change out the transmission???

spell
1000rpm
1000rpm

Post by spell » Tue May 21, 2013 8:39 am

Hi all bros

Sorry to dig up an old post. My 05 Fit (cvt gear) also have the same random jerk during acceleration. It happens very intermittent, not everytime.

I see from the replies here, clean throttle body, change fuel filter, "reflash" or clean gearbox, change cvtf...

which one is the solution? I have changed fuel filter and cvtf fluid during the second last servicing, but that doesnt resolve the issue.

Where to reflash/clean gearbox? I suppose that's the next thing I can try.

venomx69

Post by venomx69 » Fri May 24, 2013 5:36 pm

Replaced your engine mounting before? :)

nucleus

Post by nucleus » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:44 am

Hi All,

Apologies for bringing up an old thread.
Posted this in Fit Jazz forum.. I am hopeful to get some advise here as well.....
-------------------------

Heya,

I have been reading a couple of threads here with great interest as my car (GD1 Auto, 7 yrs old) is displaying some similar anomalies.
Cant pinpoint for sure what could be the possible issue(s) but I'm guessing the car is suffering from a myriad of them.

First Issue
Of late (last 1-2 months), the car has been experiencing jerks during driving. It seems that it is always happening during acceleration. Going out slip road, from minor to major, car slowed down but not stopping, then accelerating. The car will then Jerk suddenly once and then acceleration will carry on.
This symptom does not always occur during turns, its kind of selective whenever it wants to happen. I am unable to detect a pattern.

Just today, it happened twice.

Once while accelerating on the expressway, already out from slip road, in the 2nd lane and speed is going up, i accelerated and felt the jerk, immediately looked at the RPM meter and this happened between 1500-2000 RPM.

Second time, also after coming out from slip road, having a long empty stretch, i accelerated and looked at the RPM again, it passed 2000 RPM with no issue but jerked again at 2300-2500RPM.

I am fearful that the car would suddenly jerk and die while accelerating. That would be quite an issue...

Second Issue
I realise that the car, after a long day under the sun, is kind of sluggish. Especially when after driving a short distance, we will need to climb a slope. Not a very steep but a gradual one. I realise that once i release the accelerator, the car will not glide but will have a loss of power and slow down. It can be likened to manual down shift and carrying out engine braking.

This happens regularly but not to a point where i feel its bothering the car but i may be wrong.

Third Issue
Feel that the car is not changing gears as how it used to. Feels like its dragging the gears and when i let go of the accelerator, when on 3000-3500 (somehow for me the gear always moves up when i do this), the gear stays and depressing the accelerator again will push up the RPM.

What i have done
Mileage is around almost reaching 200000KM.
Car has recently been for servicing (are 2000km ago) where EO and transmission oil was changed.

I have gotten someone to look at it and during the diagnosis, there was no jerk.
However, the person got back and said that the car has no power and seems that the gear is dragging and having issues,
I was not present during that test as i had asked someone to help me on this, so what i am saying is like second hand information.

The suggestion after the test was to change the internals of the gearbox. So i am seeking a second opinion.
After reading, some of the threads here, i am inclined to think that it could be the ignition coil but i can't tell for sure either.

I would certainly appreciate advise or any input that anyone has. This car has 3 years left and i do intend to drive it till the end.
The issues that are bugging me is bothersome and makes the whole driving experience very SIAN. ](*,)

Edited: Added on info

No CEL occurred whatsoever before. Tried to do some simple reading of OBD for Error codes also came back with nothing.

roxy
3000rpm
3000rpm

Post by roxy » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:50 pm

Need to go back to kah motors n do scan.
Gearbox errors don't show up fr simple OBD scanner.
Proper CVT fluid, not overfilled is all one can do.
Gb sensors , cvt belt or drum can be issues.
Suggest get their diagnosis n quotes , n quotes fr elsewhere based on those errors.

Jx1988

Post by Jx1988 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:24 pm

Hi all, I am also a fellow fit gd1 2007 driver and face the same issue.
About a month ago, I went to a wksp to do regular servicing and was told to change the auto transmission fluid (hmmf) as I told the mechs that I feel occasional sluggish. After changing the fluid, it do resolve the sluggish issue for 2 days but the jerking starts to kick in.

Initially, it started off with a slight jerk and occur once every few day in the morning. After a week, the jerk become prominent and the occurrence become a daily issue in the morning.

I then went to the wksp again and request them to do a diagnostic. However, there is no fault reflect on the kit.(I was there watching the whole time). They then request to leave my car for a day for further diagnostic.

The wksp then told me it is gearbox problem and it will cost me around 1.6k to replace aftermarket gearbox. I was not convince and I decided to go to another wksp that specialize in transmission. After retrieving back my ride, the frequency of the jerk shot up by a lot. It occurs like 5 to 6 times during the journey to another wksp.

However during the test drive, there is no jerk occurrence but only a slight sluggish during a gradual slope. The mech also run the diagnostic test and no result. But the mech is sure that it is gearbox problem. I had told the mech that I did not had this problem prior to the change of the transmission fluid.

Now I have read about this thread, I am confuse, is it really gearbox issue or flushing the gearbox will resolve the issue?

fromkunming
3000rpm
3000rpm

Re:

Post by fromkunming » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:00 am

angelpsx81 wrote:Hi all, I have the same problem and I hope someone can help me. Besides this there are two occasions when my Jazz 2005, engine stalled when I stop at traffic light for a while with my foot brake applied. I had to shift the gear to park and start the engine again.. Anyone knows what is wrong?
I am having similar default (red lettering) as yours and have you resolved?