Unanswered topics Active topics

Lowered ES

Civic model year 2000 -2005
kuay5
3000rpm
3000rpm
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:34 am

Lowered ES

Post by kuay5 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:54 pm

Thinking of getting lowering springs.. coilovers most probably out (budget). But a bit worried about HDB kerbs and speed bumps. I drive to JB 1-2 times a month as well. But damn.. lower cars look nicer..

anyone with lower ES can share your experience?

User avatar
tharatalae
5000rpm
5000rpm
Posts: 160
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:09 am

Re: Lowered ES

Post by tharatalae » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:03 pm

I just bought tein n lowered my car. After that went to jb for shopping. Trust me, i didn't find any problem with the kerbs n humps.
Image
Image
kuay5 wrote:Thinking of getting lowering springs.. coilovers most probably out (budget). But a bit worried about HDB kerbs and speed bumps. I drive to JB 1-2 times a month as well. But damn.. lower cars look nicer..

anyone with lower ES can share your experience?

User avatar
fred59
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON
Posts: 900
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:39 pm

Post by fred59 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:07 pm

Wanna lower do it.

You will learn to overcome those humps and avoid those areas with huge humps.

My home got three huge humps but dont worry our car have strong rail undercarriage just scratch, youll get use to it dont heart pain.

User avatar
Daniel Tee
3000rpm
3000rpm
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 7:32 pm

Post by Daniel Tee » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:45 pm

bro u might consider this....
www.shc-forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=192435

User avatar
darkside
3000rpm
3000rpm
Posts: 79
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:33 pm

Re: Lowered ES

Post by darkside » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:18 pm

kuay5 wrote:Thinking of getting lowering springs.. coilovers most probably out (budget). But a bit worried about HDB kerbs and speed bumps. I drive to JB 1-2 times a month as well. But damn.. lower cars look nicer..

anyone with lower ES can share your experience?
Bro Kuay5,it's personal discretion.Cuz by then when u lowered your ride,u will have to get used to the rubbing of big humps.No doubt it's abit annoying plus heart pain at the beginning when u hear the "Grrr" sound on your chasis when u hit big humps..But as wat Bro Fred59 has quoted,dun heart pain bro:)

My suggestion to u if you intend to make you ride look great,change to adjustable coilover rather than to buy lowered springs cuz in the event if u do not like the height,u can still adjust higher but for springs,it's fixed.That's my 2 cents suggestion..:)

User avatar
Krado
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON
Posts: 859
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:56 pm
Location: Bedok, Singapore.
Contact:

Re: Lowered ES

Post by Krado » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:03 pm

kuay5 wrote:But damn.. lower cars look nicer..
Until you forget your car is lowered and go over a hump... it will be "damn it!" :lol:
Image

User avatar
fred59
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON
Posts: 900
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:39 pm

Re: Lowered ES

Post by fred59 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:37 pm

Krado wrote:
kuay5 wrote:But damn.. lower cars look nicer..
Until you forget your car is lowered and go over a hump... it will be "damn it!" :lol:
Krado you 'HUM' specialist?

Agreed with darkside, go for coilover for adjustability
I did mine on Sunday to BC, actually the GRRR sound is
being amplified in the car compartment but the actual scratch
is very minimal unless you got very low bodykit
My home got three humps so every day six GRRR
second day use to it alrdy. But worth it, car more stable
and you will loves corners

User avatar
Krado
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON
Posts: 859
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:56 pm
Location: Bedok, Singapore.
Contact:

Re: Lowered ES

Post by Krado » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:26 am

fred59 wrote: Krado you 'HUM' specialist?
Dun like "HUM"... scared Hepatitis A & B.
Image

hoonkz
4000rpm
4000rpm
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:39 pm
Location: bt timah

Post by hoonkz » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:37 am

bro fred one day 6
one yr like 2k plus GRR leh.
heng my house no hump nxt time change no scare
bring a smile everywhere you go!
if you dont have something nice to say, then why speak at all?

_______________________________________________________

PEACE, LOVE, VTEC !

User avatar
DaDude
9000rpm Rev Cut
9000rpm Rev Cut
Posts: 3244
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:18 pm

Post by DaDude » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:00 am

Springs are still new... so its not seated proper yet... give it a week or more and you'll be scraping most humps... and your stock shocks are inadequate for the long term pounding... Coils react better and are meant for handling... To me springs are just fr the looks, unless you help it with better shocks... Than again coils come back into contention...
ImageImage
DDM

User avatar
derrickgoh77
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON
Posts: 419
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:25 pm

Re: Lowered ES

Post by derrickgoh77 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:50 am

fred59 wrote:
Krado wrote:
kuay5 wrote:But damn.. lower cars look nicer..
Until you forget your car is lowered and go over a hump... it will be "damn it!" :lol:
Krado you 'HUM' specialist?

Agreed with darkside, go for coilover for adjustability
I did mine on Sunday to BC, actually the GRRR sound is
being amplified in the car compartment but the actual scratch
is very minimal unless you got very low bodykit
My home got three humps so every day six GRRR
second day use to it alrdy. But worth it, car more stable
and you will loves corners
whoa.... on BC somemore liao... no wonder Dadude say u lead urself to jump into the poison pool.. lolx!
Image
Slow Metallic Tank - ES1

User avatar
MCDS
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator
Posts: 7871
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:15 pm
Location: Somewhere... out there.....

Post by MCDS » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:19 am

bro Derrick,

bro Fred is most gutsy. He preparing for track... all 8 wheels!!!

he's an example of never give up and never scared... most impressive...
Image

Image
Freedom isn't Free, it costs people like you and me... Freedom costs a buck 'o five....

User avatar
fred59
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON
Posts: 900
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:39 pm

Post by fred59 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:28 pm

hoonkz wrote:bro fred one day 6
one yr like 2k plus GRR leh.
heng my house no hump nxt time change no scare
Bro Hoonk your house no HUMPS
But your house got FLOODS
Bukit Timah rite. hehe

User avatar
fred59
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON
Posts: 900
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:39 pm

Post by fred59 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:36 pm

MCDS wrote:bro Derrick,

bro Fred is most gutsy. He preparing for track... all 8 wheels!!!

he's an example of never give up and never scared... most impressive...
Workshop fellas saw me shake head :sigh: :sigh:

didnt tell wifey she doesnt know even siting in the car
only asked me why so bumpy only
told her the road condition is bad :lol:

User avatar
fred59
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON
Posts: 900
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:39 pm

Re: Lowered ES

Post by fred59 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:00 pm

derrickgoh77 wrote:
fred59 wrote:
Krado wrote: Until you forget your car is lowered and go over a hump... it will be "damn it!" :lol:
Krado you 'HUM' specialist?

Agreed with darkside, go for coilover for adjustability
I did mine on Sunday to BC, actually the GRRR sound is
being amplified in the car compartment but the actual scratch
is very minimal unless you got very low bodykit
My home got three humps so every day six GRRR
second day use to it alrdy. But worth it, car more stable
and you will loves corners
whoa.... on BC somemore liao... no wonder Dadude say u lead urself to jump into the poison pool.. lolx!
Yaloh my car no more virgin liao :( :(

Post Reply