Unanswered topics Active topics

Why Kah Motor engage insurance agencies for car insurance?

Source for your car insurance here
civic_Z

Why Kah Motor engage insurance agencies for car insurance?

Post by civic_Z » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:42 pm

Bought my Civic 1.6A in 2008 and the sales man suggested Winners Insurance Agencies for AXA motor insurance. Now it is my second renewal and the premium is 1700 with 20%NCD. I guess the insurance agency earn commissions and the premium should be lower if I buy directly from AXA or other insurers, like NTUC or AIG etc. Anyone has similar cases? Buy car insurance directly from insurers or buy through an agency, which one is better?

civic_Z

Post by civic_Z » Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:35 pm

Also, AXA says the premium is even higher if buy directly from them instead of through Winner (i.e. the agency suggested by Kah Motor), why?

Post by quote » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:13 am

Hi,

There are many insurers around. So like what u have said, there is good chance that another insurer is having a better deal. Thus do get quotes from various insurers for comparison.

There is no difference going to insurers direct or thru agencies/brokers. In fact, if the agencies/brokers have tied up with many insurers, they can get quotes from various insurers & short-list the best few for u. This saves u the hassle of checking each insurer one by one.

Do check ur PM for more details. =)

straightthru
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by straightthru » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:36 am

A myth to clear,

I would agree that the rates from insurance agency/brokers or direct from the insurers are the same

IF:-

1)They quote based on the Owner profile given
(eg:if owner's marital status is Single and the broker/agent put it as Married the premium for the latter most probably will be cheaper)

2)Increased Excess will lower than premium.

3)Cover of COE
Make sure you ask from your agent , if the policy include Coe cover.

4)Comprehensive, Third Party Fire and Theft or Third party cover only.
(Comprehensive cover is most expensive amongst the above ,Third party cover being the cheapest)

5)Authorised workshop Scheme or Anyworkshop Scheme.

Actually there quite a few nitty gritty details that should be addressed when making your choice of Coverage.
To some , they may think its just a piece of Mandate paper to renew their road tax.
You never know the Clauses in the policy may affect you should any incident occurs.

Just my very small piece of info :)

taxi
2000rpm
2000rpm

Post by taxi » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:33 am

i just got into an accident just 3 weeks before i renewed my insurance 20%ncd gone, i tried directasia.com seems like this site offers the best rate.
The one that AXA re-quote me is about $3XXX. for my 3rd year insurance coverage for a driver 30>x and 1 accident claim.

Simchuan86
9000rpm Rev Cut
9000rpm Rev Cut

Post by Simchuan86 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:34 pm

civic_Z wrote:Also, AXA says the premium is even higher if buy directly from them instead of through Winner (i.e. the agency suggested by Kah Motor), why?
Hi bro, i have sent you a PM. =)
BLACK AND WHITE

inj

Re: Why Kah Motor engage insurance agencies for car insuranc

Post by inj » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:18 pm

[quote="civic_Z"] Bought my Civic 1.6A in 2008 and the sales man suggested Winners Insurance Agencies for AXA motor insurance. Now it is my second renewal and the premium is 1700 with 20%NCD. I guess the insurance agency earn commissions and the premium should be lower if I buy directly from AXA or other insurers, like NTUC or AIG etc. Anyone has similar cases? Buy car insurance directly from insurers or buy through an agency, which one is better?[/quote

It seems that we have no choice if we want the authorised workshop to be Kah Motor as Winner Insurance Agencies is the AXA agent for the motor insurance. We are left at their mercy. Mine is worst Civic 1.6A in 2008 the premium has gone up to 1600+ with 50% NCD. Last year I paid only S$1200+ . I have not make any claims so far. What an unfair and unjustice premium I have to pay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

poisonivy24
1000rpm
1000rpm

Re: Why Kah Motor engage insurance agencies for car insuranc

Post by poisonivy24 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:13 pm

inj wrote:It seems that we have no choice if we want the authorised workshop to be Kah Motor as Winner Insurance Agencies is the AXA agent for the motor insurance. We are left at their mercy. Mine is worst Honda Parts Civic 1.6A in 2008 the premium has gone up to 1600+ with 50% NCD. Last year I paid only S$1200+ . I have not make any claims so far. What an unfair and unjustice premium I have to pay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You could try Prulife UK, I think they have better offer and worth it benefits. You can visit their websites for more info.