Unanswered topics Active topics

Car lock - no sound?

Honda's latest 8th generation Accord
Quintet
Idling
Idling

Car lock - no sound?

Post by Quintet » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:26 pm

Hi there, what I thought was a basic function is that when a car is locked, there should be an audible sound (beep beep) to indicate a lock.

I don't get it with the Accord Gen8, can I double confirm with owners? If so is there a simple fix to have the car horn to indicate so?

Sometimes I just want to walk away from the car, lock it and hear that it is locked (instead of looking at the lights). In a crowded car park, I also like to press the car lock button so that the car will sound and indicate its position.

If the stock car alarm does not have it, can someone recommend a good 3rd party alarm system?

Lastly with installation of 3rd party, does it void warranty from KM since it is an electrical modification?[/list]

weaver87
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Re: Car lock - no sound?

Post by weaver87 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:24 pm

Quintet wrote:Hi there, what I thought was a basic function is that when a car is locked, there should be an audible sound (beep beep) to indicate a lock.

I don't get it with the Accord Gen8, can I double confirm with owners? If so is there a simple fix to have the car horn to indicate so?

Sometimes I just want to walk away from the car, lock it and hear that it is locked (instead of looking at the lights). In a crowded car park, I also like to press the car lock button so that the car will sound and indicate its position.

If the stock car alarm does not have it, can someone recommend a good 3rd party alarm system?

Lastly with installation of 3rd party, does it void warranty from KM since it is an electrical modification?[/list]
This Gen8 KM model comes with immobiliser but not alarm. As such, you wont get to hear any sound.

You can install a 3rd party OEM alarm and it can be in-cooperated with your current remote key, no need to carry another set of alarm controls.

For this 3rd party alarm installation, go ask or pm bro Johanramilie. He had did it and so far proven.

Some bros here also install the Auto closure of both side mirror when car is locked. I think this one you can ask bro Alloysius.

Last but not least, here's another poison....change your remote key to a FLIP KEY!! Yr stock key looks ugly!! Jus search under this forum and u will find the thread..... :D :twisted:

danwty
1000rpm
1000rpm

Post by danwty » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:35 am

Hi, May I know how may I contact Bro. Alloysius? As I have quite a few questions that I would like to check with him and wondering if he did post his CP model on the web for us, Newbies to see. Thanks.

weaver87
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by weaver87 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:47 pm

Hi,

May be he goes "jia hong"....just be patience......

Cheers! :)

AloysiusChia
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by AloysiusChia » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:18 am

Hi bros I jus replied all pms....

Guys it's been almost 2 years since our last meet up!!
Honda Accord 2009

JonathanVang

Post by JonathanVang » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:58 am

There are some car locks which have sounds when locking it. Some have alarms too.

Locksmith in Everett

tlkchew
2000rpm
2000rpm

Post by tlkchew » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:57 am

avoid the beep.. if you lose your key, someone just needs to go to the MSCP and press the button and hear the beeps and then drive your car away haha...
I was quite happy with my old 318i which needed line of sight before the doors unlock.. so no burglurs gonna be beeping to find my car hehe..

kinco135

No alarm??

Post by kinco135 » Sun May 04, 2014 9:45 am

Hi guys,

Can anyone recommend me on what kind of alarm or shops which install such alarm system without changing the original transmitter?

Another thing is that, the car won't respond to anything now even if a thief try to open the door with a wrong key or attempt to break in?

Thanks in advance.