Accord CU2 engine Pinging Sound

Honda's latest 8th generation Accord
ultaman
2000rpm
2000rpm

Accord CU2 engine Pinging Sound

Post by ultaman » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:28 am

Dear Accordians,

i getting a bit pissed off with the pinging sound that my CU2 is making. And i felt that we should do something about it rather then waiting for it. As i heard, Japan Honda has already settle the pinging sound on their side. It really doesn't justified for such a beautiful car like ours!

But why are we still waiting, why isn't our car dealer recalling our vehicle back to fix the problem?

I purchase my CU2 from Vinxxx, their workshop is MBM. i decided to go to them and demand them to fix the problem. It's not like our car is not within warranty. It's a car we brought that already has that noise.

Hence , i urge all brother who brought from Vinxxx and has the pinging sound to gather in this forum to discuss how we can ask them to expediate the process.

Hopefully ,with the power of all of us. We can ask them to solve this problem and the rest of the brother could also solve theirs too!!

Do PM me your email and contact so we could discuss further.

jackalcleo
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by jackalcleo » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:15 pm

hi myself and lingmair have sent in our car to MBM after highlighting this problem to Vincar admin manager.

After inspection by MBM and also sit in my car they agreed that there is engine knocking sound. We have also pass the service bulletin with the remedy to MBM.

My last correspondences with MBM is that they will get in the knock sensor and give me a call.

Will give this forum an update if they don't aeroplane me and change out the sensors and EU update. Its a long process for me and still keep my fingers cross by hinting Vincar about the power of forum :roll:

lingamair
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by lingamair » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:46 pm

So thats 3 pple who kenna :) Anyone else?

ongkimseng
2000rpm
2000rpm

Post by ongkimseng » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:01 am

bro, i am trying to look out for this knocking sound in my car but did not really notice it

May i know this pinging normally happen at what rpm?

autoglymer
3000rpm
3000rpm

Post by autoglymer » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:20 pm

Fyi ... the repair procedure (recall) for engine pings during moderate to heavy acceleration consists of the following in this case:

1. Replacement of knock sensor.
Note: Knock sensor replacement requires intake manifold removal, which requires top-up of cooling system reservoir with Honda Long Life Antifreeze/Coolant Type 2.

2. Update the PGM-FI software with the HDS.

3. Update the A/T software with the HDS.

jackalcleo
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by jackalcleo » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:04 pm

hi guys i just called MBM today to check the parts arrival.

They told me its here and ask me to send in the car tomorrow :evil: everytime i have to call them and not the other way round.

Will update everyone on the knock sensor change.

ultaman
2000rpm
2000rpm

Post by ultaman » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:11 am

ongkimseng wrote:bro, i am trying to look out for this knocking sound in my car but did not really notice it

May i know this pinging normally happen at what rpm?
Hi Bro,

For my car. It normally sounds when it's changing from 1st gear to 2nd.. then from 2nd to 3rd.. then after no more as speed goes higher.. It's get irritated when you are travelling in low speed.

ultaman
2000rpm
2000rpm

Post by ultaman » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:14 am

jackalcleo wrote:hi myself and lingmair have sent in our car to MBM after highlighting this problem to Vincar admin manager.

After inspection by MBM and also sit in my car they agreed that there is engine knocking sound. We have also pass the service bulletin with the remedy to MBM.

My last correspondences with MBM is that they will get in the knock sensor and give me a call.

Will give this forum an update if they don't aeroplane me and change out the sensors and EU update. Its a long process for me and still keep my fingers cross by hinting Vincar about the power of forum :roll:
Hi Bros,

I saw your both your post last year regard to the pining sound. And they only got back to you now. They really work damn slow man.. And the service they give isn't really top notch. And for your info, They spoilt my rear seat when servicing my vehicle. I jus realise it. I'm going back to ask them y.

It really make me wonder if it worth it because of the warranty and stay with them to service my car???

ultaman
2000rpm
2000rpm

Post by ultaman » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:21 am

jackalcleo wrote:hi guys i just called MBM today to check the parts arrival.

They told me its here and ask me to send in the car tomorrow :evil: everytime i have to call them and not the other way round.

Hey Bro,

Good for you. Do let us know what the result after you finish repairing the pinging sound.

I'm gng down to ask them to do mine as well!

ultaman
2000rpm
2000rpm

Post by ultaman » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:42 am

ultaman wrote:
jackalcleo wrote:hi guys i just called MBM today to check the parts arrival.

Hey Bro,

Good for you. Do let us know what the result after you finish repairing the pinging sound.

I'm gng down to ask them to do mine as well!
Sorry,

H Bro. Wanna check with you who did you contatc at MBM. When i called, they keep asking me to wait for letter. Getting very piss off with them alreadty.

weaver87
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by weaver87 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:00 pm

Hi CU bros,

hope the power of forum will assist u in getting the problem solved....btw, where is bro James???? He should be leading u guys to charge at VinXXX cos he knows the No.1 & No.2 man in the company!!

And bro James also bought a CU2 from them.....may be he is too busy modding his ride!! haha....

Cheers!

jackalcleo
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by jackalcleo » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:28 pm

I think contacting MBM doesn't have much effect. What I did is by sending an official email to Vincar and voice out as MBM always say waiting for Vincar instructions :evil:

I ding dong here and there and FYI I started this correspondences with both parties since last year Nov.

1) Contact Vincar officially to Audrey Ng [[email protected]] she need to instruct MBM to go ahead with the checks and ordering of knock sensor

Manager
Administration
VinCar Pte Ltd
Mobile: +65 9875-1119
DID: +65 6590-9975
Tel: +65 6474-1119
Fax: +65 6479-1911

2) MBM will do what was told by Vincar and do the necessary follow up.

Today MBM change out 1 item knock sensor with p/n : 30530-R40-A01 (FOC for parts & labour so no complain)

After the change i notice as follow base on my butt feel

1) Throttle response seems to change (diffcult to describe)
2) My knocking sound appear on 2 range (2000-3000rpm) & (high rpm while overtaking) Seems like the lower range are now not so audible. I do hear some knocking sound around 4000 - 5000 rpm now.

as such i do not see them reset the ECU so i will monitor it for 1 month and see how it goes.

I trying to find out this part number 30530-R40-A01. Is this the original part for CU2 or the correct part for this problem? I just hope that don't just change for me a new sensor (which is the same as orginal) to stop me from pestering them!!! :(

jackalcleo
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by jackalcleo » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:33 pm

autoglymer wrote:Fyi ... the repair procedure (recall) for engine pings during moderate to heavy acceleration consists of the following in this case:

1. Replacement of knock sensor.
Note: Knock sensor replacement requires intake manifold removal, which requires top-up of cooling system reservoir with Honda Long Life Antifreeze/Coolant Type 2.

2. Update the PGM-FI software with the HDS.

3. Update the A/T software with the HDS.
Do you have the TSB for this?????? Especially for the Euro model as I'm not sure if the part number for the sensor and PGM is the same for TSX / JDM/ Euro model

lingamair
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by lingamair » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:58 pm

Apparently if the "repair" job is done in the incorrect sequence it wont resolve the problem..

Also a gripe I have with MBM... a few months ago my cruise control went dead. Brought back, apparently was a fuse and they charged me $20+ to fix. Shouldnt this be under warranty I asked? They say no. :(

jackalcleo
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by jackalcleo » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:20 pm

lingamair wrote:Apparently if the "repair" job is done in the incorrect sequence it wont resolve the problem..

Also a gripe I have with MBM... a few months ago my cruise control went dead. Brought back, apparently was a fuse and they charged me $20+ to fix. Shouldnt this be under warranty I asked? They say no. :(
:cry: like that jialat loh.

technical competence is something diffcult to get if you are not the maker.

Anyway at least they try and get me the knock sensor. Not too sure if they know how to do the ECU and AT software :(