Unanswered topics Active topics

Change interior lights to LED

abdulwz
5000rpm
5000rpm

Change interior lights to LED

Post by abdulwz » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:18 pm

Is there a quick and easy DIY way to change the existing interior lights in my pre-FL Oddy RB1 to LED ones? Is it a simple plug-n-play kind of thing?

Also, I feel that my existing stock HID lights seem to me to be less white and becoming more yellow. My work colleague also commented that his also seems like that. Any others notice this? Anyone can advise on more brighter and whiter replacement bulbs especially the cost and any recommended shops.

Regards

eagle0405
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Re: Change interior lights to LED

Post by eagle0405 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:52 am

The interior lights can by pry open slowly by a sharp objects likes of the screwdrivers (advise to use a cloth between it so that it will be damage the clear plastic light cover).

However, pls note that the connector is the issue and when buying LED lights specify that it is for HONDA or purchase those with multiple adapter so that it can fit by plug and play. ... hope this helps..

HID lights - could it be the cover which I find nornally covered with dust and stain after several years of usage. Saw something that can clean off (the outside) in Autobacs last time but not sure if the interior side can be opened for cleaning...

abdulwz wrote:Is there a quick and easy DIY way to change the existing interior lights in my pre-FL Oddy RB1 to LED ones? Is it a simple plug-n-play kind of thing?

Also, I feel that my existing stock HID lights seem to me to be less white and becoming more yellow. My work colleague also commented that his also seems like that. Any others notice this? Anyone can advise on more brighter and whiter replacement bulbs especially the cost and any recommended shops.

Regards

abdulwz
5000rpm
5000rpm

Re: Change interior lights to LED

Post by abdulwz » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:40 pm

eagle0405 wrote:The interior lights can by pry open slowly by a sharp objects likes of the screwdrivers (advise to use a cloth between it so that it will be damage the clear plastic light cover).

However, pls note that the connector is the issue and when buying LED lights specify that it is for HONDA or purchase those with multiple adapter so that it can fit by plug and play. ... hope this helps..

HID lights - could it be the cover which I find nornally covered with dust and stain after several years of usage. Saw something that can clean off (the outside) in Autobacs last time but not sure if the interior side can be opened for cleaning...

abdulwz wrote:Is there a quick and easy DIY way to change the existing interior lights in my pre-FL Oddy RB1 to LED ones? Is it a simple plug-n-play kind of thing?

Regards

ODC
2000rpm
2000rpm

Post by ODC » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:45 pm

Bro managed to get your LED lights?
I am also interested.
If you got yours mind telling me where u got them from?

Thanks!!

weaver87
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by weaver87 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:28 pm

Hi,

Happen to see yr post n concerns.....interior light can be changed easily....led bulbs can be bought from any auto shops like autobac n etc....caution is autobac a bit ex....

HID need some expert...need contact, pm me....i did mine at a shop...reasonable price n 1 yr warranty given....btw, he also k do led interior light...cheaper...

Cheers!

abdulwz
5000rpm
5000rpm

Post by abdulwz » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:22 pm

ODC wrote:Bro managed to get your LED lights?
I am also interested.
If you got yours mind telling me where u got them from?

Thanks!!
Got the 3rd row seats reading light changed to LED at Yap Bros.
If you want I can PM you the price which is below $30.

:D

nastrix
2000rpm
2000rpm

Post by nastrix » Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:10 am

how abt adding more led lights for the interior, is it possible?

any odyssey done before? Probably can share your experience and the place u guys did the LEDs