Unanswered topics Active topics

Advice on cleaning/maintenance

You like your car sparkling and clean? Here is where U can get tips
ok5859
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by ok5859 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:50 pm

The longest I took, around 6 hours. After that muscle cramps for a weeks.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

But the result, :o

Worth it!

goldclass.com.sg
2000rpm
2000rpm

Post by goldclass.com.sg » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:06 am

darsky wrote:wow so long...yeah ..i also agree that 1.5 hrs is too fast :D i think i will do another time on this saturday....
Bro,

Might want to consider the below processes, it would give you a fairly good result;

1) Wash & Dry - 1hr using 2 pails system incl wash all rims & wheel arches
2) Clay - 1 hr
3) Polish or Paint Cleaning - 1.5hr
4) Protect - Sealant/Wax - 45mins
5) Rims & Wheel Arches - 15mins

Tips:
Put in extra effort on prep works, ie. item (2 & 3). The overall result does not largely depend on the Sealant/Wax use, it is how clean the paintwork surface to accept the Sealant/Wax to bring out the maximum potential!

Happy detailing!
Taking Your Car Paintwork To The MAXIMUM POTENTIAL!

DeeP
5000rpm
5000rpm

Post by DeeP » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:06 am

ok5859 wrote:The longest I took, around 6 hours. After that muscle cramps for a weeks.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

But the result, :o

Worth it!
i 2hrs only, kena muscle cramp already. :(

pet88
5000rpm
5000rpm

Post by pet88 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:40 am

once you done a good foundation.. the next full polish.. u can seperate into 2 weeks to do the entire car.. eg week 1 do all the top.. week 2 do all the side :lol:

limhengleong
2000rpm
2000rpm

Post by limhengleong » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:40 pm

Aiya.. actually no matter how much effort we put in to maintain our rides, it still get itself dirty at the end of the week so if yours is a new paintwork then why not get those paint protection sealant? Seals your paintwork colours and just normally washing will do. Shines for 1 to 2 years lolx.. Spend time going out with family rather than maintaining the rides lolx.. Saves times and energy.. :)

Gymrat76
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by Gymrat76 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:37 am

limhengleong wrote:Aiya.. actually no matter how much effort we put in to maintain our rides, it still get itself dirty at the end of the week so if yours is a new paintwork then why not get those paint protection sealant? Seals your paintwork colours and just normally washing will do. Shines for 1 to 2 years lolx.. Spend time going out with family rather than maintaining the rides lolx.. Saves times and energy.. :)
I agree. Used to break my back every weekend on the car... now for my current ride, I just sign up for a car detailing package. Send in every 3-4 months once, they do everything and apply sealant which lasts until the next session. In between, just wash with water, and occassionally car wash if stubborn stains. Don't feel like a slave to the car liao :lol:

goldclass.com.sg
2000rpm
2000rpm

Post by goldclass.com.sg » Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:09 pm

Gymrat76 wrote:
limhengleong wrote:Aiya.. actually no matter how much effort we put in to maintain our rides, it still get itself dirty at the end of the week so if yours is a new paintwork then why not get those paint protection sealant? Seals your paintwork colours and just normally washing will do. Shines for 1 to 2 years lolx.. Spend time going out with family rather than maintaining the rides lolx.. Saves times and energy.. :)
I agree. Used to break my back every weekend on the car... now for my current ride, I just sign up for a car detailing package. Send in every 3-4 months once, they do everything and apply sealant which lasts until the next session. In between, just wash with water, and occassionally car wash if stubborn stains. Don't feel like a slave to the car liao :lol:
Fully agreed. That's why we are here for :wink:
Taking Your Car Paintwork To The MAXIMUM POTENTIAL!

ydnaR
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by ydnaR » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:48 pm

Wah bold claim, 1-2years shine.

I can hardly believe.

Will protect e paint for wash induced marring or swirls?

K1@
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by K1@ » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:14 am

If the last step product can give such level of protection, many players in the industry will jiat kah ki liao. The industry big timers will not be able to drive their prancing horse and stay in multimillion assets cos nobody will need to buy car grooming products anymore. Most frontline players can only advocate prevention methods, tools and ways to swirling... Swirlless, maybe decal is the way to go??

ydnaR
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by ydnaR » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:58 pm

K1@ wrote:If the last step product can give such level of protection, many players in the industry will jiat kah ki liao. The industry big timers will not be able to drive their prancing horse and stay in multimillion assets cos nobody will need to buy car grooming products anymore. Most frontline players can only advocate prevention methods, tools and ways to swirling... Swirlless, maybe decal is the way to go??
Haha so true.

Clear film also get swirls too~ :D

K1@
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by K1@ » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:38 pm

Please do not be disappointed with the products that you are using anyway, they are all great products IMO... It is purely a wear and tear issue, nothing will last forever. Bro, simi clear films?? Share more in detail ok? Tks.