Unanswered topics Active topics

White dots on my Black car

You like your car sparkling and clean? Here is where U can get tips
ok5859
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by ok5859 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:38 pm

Falcon75 wrote:
turbobumblebee wrote: U use spray on type ar? That could explain the dot lah. Over spray that's why after a day or so it dries up and u see white dot? As mentioned, spray on cloth loh.
Yup, was thinking it will be easier to use spray wax compared to normal wax. :(

Did not know will have that "effect" on my car....

So, need to wash and re-wax to remove existing dots?

Thanks
I use QD, just spray and wipe until it dry.

You can try.

turbobumblebee
5000rpm
5000rpm

Post by turbobumblebee » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:09 pm

Falcon75 wrote:
turbobumblebee wrote: U use spray on type ar? That could explain the dot lah. Over spray that's why after a day or so it dries up and u see white dot? As mentioned, spray on cloth loh.

Thanks
Easy way out but side effect. Like leather care, I will now spray on cloth and apply on the seats. Got same problem, lots of dark round spots.

Falcon75
2000rpm
2000rpm

Post by Falcon75 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:36 pm

turbobumblebee wrote:
Falcon75 wrote:

Thanks
Easy way out but side effect. Like leather care, I will now spray on cloth and apply on the seats. Got same problem, lots of dark round spots.
This goes to show smart can already, no need to act smart :oops:

Hope can recover using ok5859's method :lol:

Thanks for the tips, guys :)

goldclass.com.sg
2000rpm
2000rpm

Post by goldclass.com.sg » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:59 pm

Falcon75 wrote:
goldclass.com.sg wrote:
Falcon75 wrote: I was using Meguiars' NXT Generation Tech Wax Spray for the first time. Maybe too generous with the spray and overdid it :(
That's it. Do not overspray the Meguiars' NXT Generation Tech Wax Spray, a thin layer is good for protection. I have a feel that it is application method.Apply the NXT Generation Tech Wax Spray like the way you apply QD. Follow the 3 steps below and you should able to achieve a very good finish.

1) Mist the wax on the panel
2) Prime a liitle wax on the MF cloth and spread the wax on the panel
3) Flip over the MF cloth to a fresh surface and buff off

Note:
a) Do panel by panel
b) Do not let the wax dry on the panel. As soon as you have spreaded the wax, flip over the MF cloth to a fresh surface and buff off.

Hope this help. Try it and let us know how it goes.
Thanks for the tips and advices, Gold :)

So, how do I remove the current excess wax on my car? Just rework as per above after washing? :?:

Thanks so much.
You are most welcome.

There are several ways to remove the dots, you may wish to try any method as long as you feel comfortable;

a) Wash it as you wash your car normally. Chances are that those light spot willl dissolve away except tough ones. If you wash your car weekly, eventually it will dissolve away. But it takes longer time.

b) If you want fast, use a paint cleaner (eg Meg ColorX or Paint Cleaner or any others mild/light polish which you have in your arsenal).

c) Clay it.

For (b) & (c), the wax in your paintwork will be totally removed and that you need to apply a fresh coat of wax.

Cheers!
Taking Your Car Paintwork To The MAXIMUM POTENTIAL!

Falcon75
2000rpm
2000rpm

Post by Falcon75 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:27 pm

goldclass.com.sg wrote: You are most welcome.

There are several ways to remove the dots, you may wish to try any method as long as you feel comfortable;

a) Wash it as you wash your car normally. Chances are that those light spot willl dissolve away except tough ones. If you wash your car weekly, eventually it will dissolve away. But it takes longer time.

b) If you want fast, use a paint cleaner (eg Meg ColorX or Paint Cleaner or any others mild/light polish which you have in your arsenal).

c) Clay it.

For (b) & (c), the wax in your paintwork will be totally removed and that you need to apply a fresh coat of wax.

Cheers!
Thanks for the advice, Gold :D

Most likely to go for (a) follow by the QD suggested by ok5859 this weekend. :lol:

Busy/ tired weekend ahead... :cry:

ok5859
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by ok5859 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:53 am

turbobumblebee wrote:
Falcon75 wrote:

Thanks
You can try...
Wet your cloth with water and wring it out.
Spray your leather care on the seat and wipe off with the cloth.

goldclass.com.sg
2000rpm
2000rpm

Post by goldclass.com.sg » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:06 am

Falcon75 wrote:
goldclass.com.sg wrote: You are most welcome.

c) Clay it.

Cheers!
Thanks for the advice, Gold :D

Most likely to go for (a) follow by the QD suggested by ok5859 this weekend. :lol:

Busy/ tired weekend ahead... :cry:
No worries, this is nothing serious, it is just an overspray wax. It does not eat away your clearcoat nor any damage on the paintwork.

Do let us know how it goes after you wash and QD.

Happy detailing. :wink:

Cheers!